[Query] WD HDD pick up: How to pack ?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I just created a RMA ticket and my pick up is scheduled for day after.

It says to pack it in a plastic box. Now from where the hell shall I bring such box ?

The original ext HDD box is no where to be found. So what are my options guys ? And how strict any company or WD in particular is about packaging ? It's anyway going to get replaced.

Thanks

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
I packed it in a anti static bag, you can get one from any computer or laptop shop (old one that they took off a new HDD). then wrapped it in paper and put in a cardboard box.

They replaced mine, so i guess this was enough

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
I know people putting it in a pizza box wrap as well. As long as there's an anti-static bag wrapped up, no issues. If you can't get it, ask a PC store near you. Anti-static bags of components/MBs/GPUs, socket caps for intel LGA....always keep it with you.

Renny

Padawan
I have a 4 month old 2TB Elements from the US. The disk works perfectly but since a month there is a bad burning smell coming from it (even after disconnecting it). I have only used it sparingly and it hasn't experienced any physical damage at all. Again, the disk is working fine but I'm worried about an eventual failure because of the smell/

Can I RMA it and what reason shall I give?

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I have a 4 month old 2TB Elements from the US. The disk works perfectly but since a month there is a bad burning smell coming from it (even after disconnecting it). I have only used it sparingly and it hasn't experienced any physical damage at all. Again, the disk is working fine but I'm worried about an eventual failure because of the smell/

ask [MENTION=293224]DK_WD[/MENTION]

DK_WD

WD Official

Hi [MENTION=32443]Renny[/MENTION],

Based on your post, it might be the hardware issue.

SO first thing's first, please backup your existing data in other storage space. After backup the drive, try to run the Data Lifeguard Diagnostics in the system to test the HDD condition.

Please refer to the link below for Data Lifeguard Diagnostics:

Support Answers

If the result status is bad and the HDD is still under warranty, I’d suggest you to proceed for an RMA. For RMA service, you may refer to the link below:

Support Answers

During the RMA process, please add the comments regarding the particular problem you are facing.

Hope it helps

DK_WD

WD Official
Will WD honor warranty on a HDD bought from US in India ?

Hi [MENTION=15026]topgear[/MENTION],

According to warranty policy terms, we only provide the regional warranty on the products.

For more information about warranty policy, please refer the link below:

Support Answers

In case of warranty change or update, you have to send us an email and attach a copy of your proof of purchase that proof will help to update the warranty to start from the date of purchase.

To make things more easier and for more information regarding warranty terms, I’d advise you to call our customer support team in India for further assistance on your matter.

The following link has details of India support team:

Support Answers

Hope it helps.

Top Bottom