Wat about Others?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tejass

tHe rEacTioN iS hEaTinG
All I am asking is:-

" WAT ABOUT STUDENTS & DEVELOPERS FROM OTHER STATES WHO DON'T KNOW THE LANGUAGE????????????????????????? " :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :x

I've been using MSDN Online India, I am from a non-hindi speaking state. I have a Windows Live ID that I use to logon to the MSDN India site. It looks like Microsoft has recently changed the MSDN language to Hindi.......Ok Hindi is the widely used language in India, but why is it being used even in a developer's website like 'MSDN'. Even in the login page the language is hindi, I am very very angry

See for urself:-

MSDN Online India Login Page

Also in the main articles page the language is hindi:-

MSDN Online India Home

Why don't you simply use English? :confused:
Yeah why dont u jus switch to Eng ...instead of phreakin oUt

jal_desai

In the zone
^How much time do you have to pay regards to each and everything on this earth?
Just because its a National language does not warrant that it should be learned by everybody.

Tell me, just because you are Indian, can I expect you to know details of the 'Charkha' that Gandhi had used? Can you name me the variety of the wood, size of the pieces and the speed at which the chrakha would be rotated by Gandhiji.

Btw, if you put forth the argument that one must learn hindi because its a national language and hence must be paid respect, then why should one not consider other Indian languages as 'languages of my dear Indian brothers and sister' and learn them.

Tell me, how many languages do you know? Do you know all the Indian languages and their local dialects? Isn't a south Indian your brother or sister? So did you learn tamil or malayalam?

whoa man! u r missing the bloody point.. i have much time to pay when it comes to my country. Ya, it does not warrant that it should be learnt by everyone.. fine dont learn it. but then Dont start cribbing on some thread with amateur words like "wat about others", "wat to do - everything is in hindi" etc.. it is an individual's responsibility and choice to learn or to get deprived of the information.

And when Hindi is the national language..it means a lot..trust me it means a lot. And i find u very very kiddish when u ask me the details of the charkha. i think u dont have any 'real' and 'hard' point to argue with? Details of the charkha is not wat i m encountering everyday. Language is something we cannot live without.

And ya when it comes to my a$$ that i want some information and it is in some other language i will try to learn it or atleast translate it... I am not against any language coz every language has its own glory and all indian languages have come from only one origin. but i hate it when people curse a language when they themselves are not knowing it and dont have a courtesy to learn it or atleast respect it.

Aberforth

The Internationalist
MSDN India uses Indian official language, that is Hindi.
Heresay. India has neither a "national language" nor a single "official language". There are 22 languages all of which are officially recognised in India and hence, considered as "official languages".

The same would be for people of other countries. For example a German while using MSDN will find it in his language, that is German.
Because, Germany is a monolingual country. To compare the German situation with India is in short, disregarding India's cultural and linguistic diversity. India is as culturally diverse as the entire Europe. The state of Uttar Pradesh is demographically as diverse as the whole of Germany or France.

Dude, you can't expect everyone in the country to know English.
On the other hand, do you expect everyone in the country to understand Hindi?

learning hindi is not pointless! it is our national language and we must respect it.
Wrong. There is no national language in India, check the constitution. For someone who doesn't live in a Hindi region, learning Hindi is pretty much pointless, a waste of both time and effort. That much I agree with the post you quoted.

In any case, I think the whole argument is a non-issue, as long as the option to switch to English is there. If Hindi has been adopted as a language option by MSDN and other global software companies, its a welcome move for Indians, even for those who don't speak Hindi. The next step could be the adoption of other Indian languages like Marathi, Tamil, Bengali, etc.

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
@Aberforth- Long time, no see :)

BTW, can we get back to the issue? If it is solved, mods, please lock this thread.

Aberforth

The Internationalist
Oh, hello phreak0ut. Yes, I was away for a long time, work, life and all that. Hope you're doing well.

By the way, I think we're already in the issue, which is a discussion on the topic of the OP. I do understand however, that such topic often have the tendency to be hijacked to the Hindi-vs-other-languages thread. Maybe it could have been more pleasant, if Hindi supporters showed a little more respect for other languages and stopped pretending that to be an Indian, one has to be a Hindi speaker.

Ross

Daydream Believer
^^ IMHO you must have said this thing to thread starter.(Instead of being proud that even Microsoft using Hindi for their site, the guy is regretting and is becoming angry for that...!!!OMG)
I didn't see any Hindi speaker here claiming to be a true Indian, as you said.
Neither anyone disrespected the 'other language'.

Since joining this forum only a few days ago, this is the second thread i have come across invoking separatist feelings, one the NE State guy saying why they dont have their state's name in National Anthem and now this thread.
I think if we all are Indian,then we should not reply in such threads and Mods should not only ban the poster but should delete/close the thread as soon as they notice such offensive thread.

Last edited:

swatkat

Technomancer
One doesn't need to have MENSA IQ levels to figure out that first box is for email id and second box is for password. Once you login, as gx said already, everything is in English. And, by the way, there's no loss in learning a line or two of Hindi. So, there's no need to worry (and to fight)...

jal_desai

In the zone
^^ IMHO you must have said this thing to thread starter.(Instead of being proud that even Microsoft using Hindi for their site, the guy is regretting and is becoming angry for that...!!!OMG)
I didn't see any Hindi speaker here claiming to be a true Indian, as you said.
Neither anyone disrespected the 'other language'.

Since joining this forum only a few days ago, this is the second thread i have come across invoking separatist feelings, one the NE State guy saying why they dont have their state's name in National Anthem and now this thread.
I think if we all are Indian,then we should not reply in such threads and Mods should not only ban the poster but should delete/close the thread as soon as they notice such offensive thread.

right.

Partymonger

Broken In
What the... ??

National language = used by most people..

National language != learn or die

When programming and all is done in english, the resources should be in english..Atleast a button with english written in english so people can change it..

And when Hindi is the national language..it means a lot..trust me it means a lot. And i find u very very kiddish when u ask me the details of the charkha. i think u dont have any 'real' and 'hard' point to argue with? Details of the charkha is not wat i m encountering everyday. Language is something we cannot live without.
Perfect example of the mns/ shiv sena mentality..
The constitution is by the people not the other way round..if tomorrow the masses want english to be the national language, it will be..
And no i dont trust you when you say it means a lot..For some south indian it doesnt mean anything..
And when you say something is national language, it isnt necessary that what people can say, they can read and write also..That depends on literacy level.. Hope we dont have to teach you the details and working of a language..

Lastly, remember our heritage our customs need to be followed and cherished, but not at the expense of convenience and usablity..

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
lol

*s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/17large.png*s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/17large.png*s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/17large.png*s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/17large.png*s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/17large.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom