Wat about Others?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasath_digit

prasath->loves(APPLE);
All I am asking is:-

" WAT ABOUT STUDENTS & DEVELOPERS FROM OTHER STATES WHO DON'T KNOW THE LANGUAGE????????????????????????? " :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :x

I've been using MSDN Online India, I am from a non-hindi speaking state. I have a Windows Live ID that I use to logon to the MSDN India site. It looks like Microsoft has recently changed the MSDN language to Hindi.......Ok Hindi is the widely used language in India, but why is it being used even in a developer's website like 'MSDN'. Even in the login page the language is hindi, I am very very angry

See for urself:-

MSDN Online India Login Page

Also in the main articles page the language is hindi:-

MSDN Online India Home

k6153r

Broken In
Even Opera does that, the 'Indian' page is in Hindi.
We can't do anything.

As a majority of the users understand Hindi, they have no choice but to do just that.

Why don't you use English, you can't expect Tamil to be added so soon.

veiga2412

Techie in training
But are they at least giving the option to switch to English? :confused:

Coz they have a similar thing on Dell's Hong Kong site. They load in Chinese, but they provide the option of switching to English too..

OP
prasath_digit

prasath_digit

prasath->loves(APPLE);
Even Opera does that, the 'Indian' page is in Hindi.
We can't do anything.

As a majority of the users understand Hindi, they have no choice but to do just that.

Why don't you use English, you can't expect Tamil to be added so soon.

ya tats the truth....... :(

Dragoon

Broken In
MSDN India uses Indian official language, that is Hindi. The same would be for people of other countries. For example a German while using MSDN will find it in his language, that is German. But it is only a matter of time. You will see that the language will be automatically translated to the user's language.

MSDN India uses Indian official language, that is Hindi. The same would be for people of other countries. For example a German while using MSDN will find it in his language, that is German. But it is only a matter of time. You will see that the language will be automatically translated to the user's language.
English is also India's official language :|

abhijangda

Padawan
All I am asking is:-

" WAT ABOUT STUDENTS & DEVELOPERS FROM OTHER STATES WHO DON'T KNOW THE LANGUAGE????????????????????????? " :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :x

I've been using MSDN Online India, I am from a non-hindi speaking state. I have a Windows Live ID that I use to logon to the MSDN India site. It looks like Microsoft has recently changed the MSDN language to Hindi.......Ok Hindi is the widely used language in India, but why is it being used even in a developer's website like 'MSDN'. Even in the login page the language is hindi, I am very very angry

See for urself:-

MSDN Online India Login Page

Also in the main articles page the language is hindi:-

MSDN Online India Home
Although i am from hindi speaking state and speaks mostly in hindi and other time in english. But i am against this that MSDN has changed language. This should not have been done. Only educated users can use computer i.e. the one who knows english. So if everyone programming knows english, then i cannot understand why it is now availaible in Hindi.

OP
prasath_digit

prasath_digit

prasath->loves(APPLE);
English is also India's official language :|

+1 :smile:

Although i am from hindi speaking state and speaks mostly in hindi and other time in english. But i am against this that MSDN has changed language. This should not have been done. Only educated users can use computer i.e. the one who knows english. So if everyone programming knows english, then i cannot understand why it is now availaible in Hindi.

Tats right, if ms assumes even an end-user to know english.....then why is it giving hindi for developers & professionals?.......... :confused:

Last edited:
M

Mobin

As defined in the Constitution, Hindi is one of the two official languages of communication (English, the other) for India's federal government and is one of the 22 scheduled languages specified in the Eighth Schedule to the Constitution.Official Hindi is often described as Modern Standard Hindi, which along with English, is used for administration of the central government.
-------
Mobin

As defined in the Constitution, Hindi is one of the two official languages of communication (English, the other) for India's federal government and is one of the 22 scheduled languages specified in the Eighth Schedule to the Constitution.Official Hindi is often described as Modern Standard Hindi, which along with English, is used for administration of the central government.
-------
Mobin

[FONT=&quot]posting[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:

jal_desai

In the zone
^^ true.

Hindi nahi aati...to seekho. India mein rahoge to itna to seekhna padega. I m gujarati. I m not objecting it if it is used everywhere... and i dont understand this line "Wat about others?" they treat themselves as OTHERS... why?

^^ true.

Hindi nahi aati...to seekho. India mein rahoge to itna to seekhna padega. I m gujarati. I m not objecting it if it is used everywhere... and i dont understand this line "Wat about others?" they treat themselves as OTHERS... why?
Why ? What logic does it make ? Just because I am an Indian, why should I do pointless things like learning a language which I hardly need to use ?

You are sounding like MNS...

jal_desai

In the zone
Why ? What logic does it make ? Just because I am an Indian, why should I do pointless things like learning a language which I hardly need to use ?

You are sounding like MNS...

learning hindi is not pointless! it is our national language and we must respect it. See Japan ... see China (Traditional Chinese.. Simplified Chinese) we live in india yet we see al these words every day.. tht's because of its influence .. they use their own language and are respecting it.. to the extent that even softwares come in their language pack.. have u seen any Hindi Language Pack around there.. if we only dont respect the language then no one else will.. I am not some 'sena' member but sometimes they hit the right chord...

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
^How much time do you have to pay regards to each and everything on this earth?
Just because its a National language does not warrant that it should be learned by everybody.

Tell me, just because you are Indian, can I expect you to know details of the 'Charkha' that Gandhi had used? Can you name me the variety of the wood, size of the pieces and the speed at which the chrakha would be rotated by Gandhiji.

Btw, if you put forth the argument that one must learn hindi because its a national language and hence must be paid respect, then why should one not consider other Indian languages as 'languages of my dear Indian brothers and sister' and learn them.

Tell me, how many languages do you know? Do you know all the Indian languages and their local dialects? Isn't a south Indian your brother or sister? So did you learn tamil or malayalam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom