Not open for further replies.

satyamy

Alive Again...
I want to setup Search Function in a Website

How can I
the purpose is
The Site will have Many Wallpapers with different name
and when some one search for a Particular word
that named wallpapers will apear in search result ?

I dont want to use Google/Live Search Toolbar

Can I do this with any script ?

:-?

Last edited:

amitava82

MMO Addict
Can be done very easily if you store your wallpaper filenames, etc in a database. That way things get easier.. Catch you on Y! IM n will explain.. :)

Last edited:

amitava82

MMO Addict
^^ We agreed to develop the site together.. :)
He will take care of the design n I'll do the rest.
Since its not a small script, I cannot post much here.. But the basic technique is to develop a dynamic website using MySQL & PHP, and for search function do a fulltext SQL query..

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
A very easy method is use google search ..as digit forum is using.Like this you can earn also via adsense.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
As far as I know, you have atleast 4 options.

1. Build a search engine for your website: This is possible if your website is powered by PHP-MySQL or similar server side programs that make use of databases.

2. Use an indexing server software. For instance, my webhost has a 'Entropy serach engine' in the CGI center in Cpanel. It generates the code for the search form which you should add to some file. You need to rebuild the search engine index everytime you update the website.(Eg: *www.biologyformhtcet.com/search.php) SEs will not index each and every page of your website so be careful.

3. Wait patiently for some SE bots to crawl your site and index as many as pages.

4. Use custom domain search such as Google or Guruji.(No personal experience with this)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom