Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Hi Guys, :wave:
I want to buy a mobile

1. Budget? ~15k
2. Display type and size? ~min 3.7"
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip? ~bar
4. Preferred choice of brand? ~Sony Ericsson,Samsung,LG
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type). ~touchscreen
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
~LED Flash,Front Camera for Video Calling
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
~Android only
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
~2G,3G,WIFI
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
~Flash,GPS
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
~multimedia, camera, mails, internet (gaming is optional thanx to iOS ;))
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
~Sony Ericsson Neo V
12. Any other info that you want to share
~Confused between Neo V & Samsung Galaxy W :confused:

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Well Neo v has a slightly better battery life and resolution,a front facing camera
While Galaxy W has a better processor and more inbuilt storage
Both come with Android 2.3
I suggest Neo v

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Zangetsu said:
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
~Android only
You want Android. SO dont take the Omnia W, which is a WP 7.5 phone.

Windows Phone has same limitations as iOS- No memory card slot, Bluetooth only for head set.

So, if you can shell the extra bucks for the Neo V, get it :wink:

Last edited:
OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

You want Android. SO dont take the Omnia W, which is a WP 7.5 phone.

Windows Phone has same limitations as iOS- No memory card slot, Bluetooth only for head set.

??? Omnia W

I want Android so windows & other OS is out of question :|

Well Neo v has a slightly better battery life and resolution,a front facing camera
While Galaxy W has a better processor and more inbuilt storage
Both come with Android 2.3
I suggest Neo v

But I saw comparison of Galaxy W or Neo V & Galaxy W was winner in that

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
??? Omnia W

I want Android so windows & other OS is out of question :|
Oops I misread Galaxy W as Omnia W. My bad.

The Neo V would be a better choice. AFAIK it is supposed to receive official Ice Cream Sandwitch from SE(read in GSM arena)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Interesting
But GSM Arena has other thoughts.

We've had enough time to form impressions of these inexpensive smartphones. They're classic midrange packages with solid feature sets but the goal is clearly to stay within budget rather than impress anyone with specs.

For a few bills more, users are getting better performance (especially in games) and a better camera (both stills and video) out of the Samsung Galaxy W I8150. But they'll have to install a custom ROM if they want Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (Cyanogen Group is working on one).

Of course, the Samsung Galaxy W is not for geeks only, but they're usually the ones who care about benchmark scores and are keen on zooming into photos to look for artifacts.

Buying the Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V will save you some cash and you'll be getting a hassle-free upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich and a simple way to view photos and videos on an HDTV. It has the better screen and a faster web browser too.

The average user will be fine either way, knowing they got a good enough phone for a reasonable price. The Xperia Neo V is better than the Galaxy W on a couple of counts. It seems to be the one with more bang for your buck. Alternatively, the Samsung Galaxy W is the power player and also has the looks to go with it. We just don't think squeezing every drop of performance is make or break in this price range

This- Galaxy W vs. Xperia Neo V: Vice Wersa - GSMArena.com

Multi page review which I almost missed :p so keep a eye on the dialog on below the posts.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
wait for Sony Xperia U if you are ok with limited space. 3.5" & 3.7" won't make a huge difference but Xperia U should get Jelly Beans update which Neo V will miss for sure.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

wait for Sony Xperia U if you are ok with limited space. 3.5" & 3.7" won't make a huge difference but Xperia U should get Jelly Beans update which Neo V will miss for sure.

how much is the estimated price & whats the release date(exact) in India?
there is no card slot in Xperia U :|

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
wait for a month and you may get experia play for around 17k(best for gaming), lg 2x around 16-17k and also there are many mobiles waiting for their turn to launch...

btw your question mark in thread title made me think that you are asking others to buy from you.... :lol:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Neo V + points | Galaxy W + points | Comments
1Ghz CPU|1.4GHZ|Better CPU
480*854 @ 265ppi|480*800 @ 252ppi|Marginally better display in Neo V|
Scratch resistant glass + Bravia engine| N/A| Neo V wins|
1GB internal memory (320 user avlbl)|3.7GB| Galaxy owns|
USB on the go| N/A| Neo V wins, Huge plus for those who require|
Inferior battery comparatively|Better battery| Galaxy W wins|
Planned upgrade to ICS|N/A|Neo V wins|

Now, bluetooth 2.1 vs 3.0 doesn't matters much, at least to me. Also that HSPDA 7.2mbps vs 14.4 mbps is useless for us. We're barely able to get even 10% of it. Also, I feel Galaxy W has marginally better cam, at least in color reproduction. But bravia should fill the gap IMO.

Bottomline, set your priorities, and settle. But why don't you wait for Sola? It"ll be worth IMHO. Till then save the extra cash required for it :))

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
These days i feel Samsung is not making good devices.Maybe by next year I guess Sony will top the charts??

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

Q: Can Neo V play 720p & 1080p videos smoothly?coz my primary need is that only?if yes then which player?

aroraanant

Explorer
It plays 720p videos very smoothly.
Haven't checked 1080p videos.
Will reply after checking that soon.
Right now Neo V is the best option you have got.

Top Bottom