want some opinion on gaming mouse

Deadman

Journeyman
I have been addicted to cod4 multiplayer for quite a while & i feel i m not playing upto my expectation. Currently i m using logitech m215 mouse (1000dpi) on any random surface like my exam pad, textbook :mrgreen: which i find difficult during close combats(half of my magazine just finishes killing some bungee jumping guy).
Changing the sensitivity, guns did not made any much of a difference since killing moving targets is very much of a pain.when i see the replays it amazes me how some ppl just keep running & killing targets on their way.
Is it their gaming skills or the mouse factor? I want ur opinion guys.:mrgreen:

SunE

Professional Newbie
It's a bit of both. A gaming mouse does help. What is your budget for one? For something mid range get the Logitech G400. Many members here use it and I can personally vouch for its amazing performance.

OP
D

Deadman

Journeyman
i m not planning it to buy now but i will surely keep this one in mind.:) Actually i had budget around 1.5k but if this one is really worth than i would look forward to it.
btw will it work good on some plane smooth surface coz i m not willing to spend on anything called as mousepad.:mrgreen:

Hrishi

Is it their gaming skills or the mouse factor? I want ur opinion guys

Well , its their reflex along with their experience on the mouse/game. For FPS games you need to have a good reflex , thats why some people s**** at it no matter how good mouse they use.
I have seen experts in CS with perfect aim~ , even with el-cheapo mouse.

So buy a mouse which suits your hands/palms perfectly. Don't run for extreme FPS.

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
^+1
@op I will give you one example in CS 1.6. If you try to brush fire with AK47 without any technic your bullets wont hit any enemies in far distance but if you constanly move your mouse to aim their feet they wont excape a single bullet.

You can get way with a el-cheapo mouse but you need a decent rubber mat for that corner kill, there the books/pichboards wont cut it.

Last edited:

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
^+1
@op I will give you one example in CS 1.6. If you try to brush fire with AK47 without any technic your bullets wont hit any enemies in far distance but if you constanly move your mouse to aim their feet they wont excape a single bullet.

You can get way with a el-cheapo mouse but you need a decent rubber mat for that corner kill, there the books/pichboards wont cut it.

I find rubber mats to be horrible. I use a Steelseries 9HD with my Sensei and it is the smoothest mat I've come across so far. The smaller versions of this mat should be sufficient for the OP. In CS I think a smooth, low friction glide is important.

Although I agree that a mouse should be a subjective purchase :)

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
You can give 25 rs mouse pad a try, and believe me, it DOESN'T sucks.

I can promise you I've tried multiple Rs. 25- 400 mousepads, and beyond everyday browsing, I would not touch them. As a claw grip user, I tend to rely on my fingers and wrist to move my mouse, and anything that is resistive tends to suck.

But yeah, they're definitely better than nothing, lol :D

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I can promise you I've tried multiple Rs. 25- 400 mousepads, and beyond everyday browsing, I would not touch them. As a claw grip user, I tend to rely on my fingers and wrist to move my mouse, and anything that is resistive tends to suck.

But yeah, they're definitely better than nothing, lol :D

Anybody coming from books and tables or any other fancy thing as pad world would love even Rs 25/- mouse pad. Even I loved it (bought it in 2008 and still have it :D ).

btw I'm a palm grip user and feel that a claw grip user might prefer smoother pads with less resistance against a palm grip user can handle the reason being their way of natural operation. Correct ?

Hrishi

Why not to invest 300rs in a good mouse pad , if you are already investing 2k~ on a gaming mouse.
Not doing so is like buying GTX 690 , and using them with Pentium D. :p

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^Not really. A good mouse and pad can only "optimise" your gaming skills, not increase it by a great level. It not way bottlenecks it as per the example you gave.

Hrishi

^Not really. A good mouse and pad can only "optimise" your gaming skills, not increase it by a great level. It not way bottlenecks it as per the example you gave.

Well, I didn't mean using a 50rs cheap gamepad is a bottleneck. I meant not using one.[ For people who think books/cardboards/etc].

OP
D

Deadman

Journeyman
So are this gaming mouse meant for those who snipe/camp to have precise shots on long range targets coz i have never used such a mouse.
Normally i keep sensitivity at 40% and read somewhere that this gaming mouse are very sensitive and takes time to get used to it.

Hrishi

Basically a gaming mouse :
-> has custom button to set custom DPI levels.You can adjust the sensitivity any time in the game.
->Has smooth glide , so you don't have to force or drag it.
->Has laser sensors , for precision.
-> Has additional buttons.
Designed according to curve of the hand.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
-> has custom button to set custom DPI levels.You can adjust the sensitivity any time in the game.

Not necessarily. Many mice are ambidextrous and so not exactly sculpted for the hand curves, but equally comfortable.

darkv0id

Journeyman

I'll have to (somewhat) disagree with the bold part. As of now, optical mice are a better option, especially for competitive FPS like CS:GO or BF3, since optical mice typically have a higher perfect control and malfunction speeds compared to laser mice. And you are right, there ARE amazing laser mice on the market- like the Sensei, but those tend to be well above 4k. Since OP is on a budget of ~1.5k, I think he'll be much better off with an optical mouse like the G400, since it's hard to find a laser mouse in that range anyway.

So are this gaming mouse meant for those who snipe/camp to have precise shots on long range targets coz i have never used such a mouse.
Normally i keep sensitivity at 40% and read somewhere that this gaming mouse are very sensitive and takes time to get used to it.

Well, as the others have pointed out, having a gaming mouse can only help so much- it won't turn a bad player into a skilled one, but it definitely makes a difference if you are a moderately skilled player.

And if you have the time and patience, this is one of the most comprehensive guides on gaming mice out there, and will probably answer all of your questions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom