Want a gaming rig for 25k

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Photoshop,Maybe little After effects,Browsing(youtube) with at least 5-10 tabs open,Games like gta 4,witcher 2,crysis 2 all on high/ultra setting,Gta 5 when released

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:25,000.Max:30k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:Never

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Win 7(Ultimate mostly)

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:Already have a 220 gb hard disk.. Please try to make it to 500-640 gb.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:Already have a viewsonic va1716w.1280 x 800 :(

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:Monitor,DVD Drive,Ups,Keyboard...Provide speakers,mouse as extra

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:Maybe March end or april 1 or 2nd week

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:Assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Locally,Preffer buying everything from one shop

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:This config should be future proof for at least 2.5 to 3 years.And should be able to handle games coming in 2013/14 in medium settings.
How is Amd fx(fusion)-6.5k

Bought it :D

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ FX is not good. Phenom II X4 or Core i5 is the way to go. Heres a config:

Core i5 2400 @ 10.8k
Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H @ 3.4k
Corsair 4Gb DDR3 @ 1.2k
WD 500Gb @ 4.3k
Gigabyte HD7750 @ 6.2k
Corsair CX430W @ 2.3k

TOTAL: 28.2k

now get a local cabby for 1k (without PSU) & for 800 bucks a mouse. let someone else suggest mouse.

In case you want to go AMD route:
Phenom II X4 960T @ 6.8k
Gigabyte GA-880GM-D2H @ 3.8k
MSI R6850 Cyclone 1GD5 Power Edition/OC @ 8.6k

TOTAL: 27k

buy from SMC or Flipkart and have it assembled locally for 500bucks. or do it yourself :smile:

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
But will 6850 be good for 3 years?How is a monitor with built in speakers?
Ok how much will i get by selling this.
Athlon 7750
3 Gb DDR 2 Ram.
XFX 5450 1 GB
Circle Pc case.
Asus M2N68-AM Plus

Last edited:

Sujeet

Undead!!!
^^for your budget it will be hard to build a rig which is futureproof for 3yrs. even high end cpu/gpu wont give that assurance.

for now consider amd rig suggested by sam. best you can get and will be foolproof if not futureproof. DIY to get components assembled.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ At your resolution, a 7750 is great. But in case you want to upgrade to a fullhd monitor, consider something beefier. MSI 6850 pe is a fantastic option @ 8.6k

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
The i5 based rig recommended by Sam is the one to go for. Will be better in Gaming performance than the IMO.

3 years might be hard. and GTA V will have some pretty mad requirements IMO. Nothing can be said till we see its minimun requirements :(

But 6850 and the 7750 should be able to run it :wink:

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^^ Yeah,Well lets see still march end Hope 7850 comes to india..before April 2nd week ::)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ you'll have to up your budget. HD7850 is expected to be a good deal but won't come cheap.

But will 6850 be good for 3 years?

for your monitor, yes. if you upgrade to HD then maybe yes but Full HD, 2yr depending on what games comes next.

How is a monitor with built in speakers?

go for discrete speaker.

Ok how much will i get by selling this.
Athlon 7750
3 Gb DDR 2 Ram.
XFX 5450 1 GB
Circle Pc case.
Asus M2N68-AM Plus

5k.

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^ Ok thanks for the Info Sam.
Hope the price comes down. by April..Will check locally to.As Parents not ready for buying computer parts online

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
That would free up 4.3k of the budget. Invest on a better GPU?
SAPPHIRE 100314-2SR Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Graphic Card with Eyefinity

the Cx430 V2 should be able to handle this rig if you donot overclock.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
6870 is not recommended. wait for HD7850 (launched today). faster than GTX570 and beats HD6950 hands down. moreover, HD7850 may get unlocked to 7870 :smile:

if you want, buy PC without GPU for now.

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^Yeah i guess 15k for a 2gb one,I think 1 gb one will be priced lower.
Any Idea when it will come to india?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ there mayn't be any 1Gb version. even if some custom 1Gb comes up, that is atleast 4-6months away to deal with Nvidia's midrange GPU.

expect them to show by March end.

Ankit07

Banned
Buy thiss lappy :) ----------> Asus X Series X53TA-SX096D Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Asus Notebook

P.S - It have a quad core proccy ..but on that site it is shown as a "dual core"

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Buy thiss lappy :) ----------> Asus X Series X53TA-SX096D Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Asus Notebook

P.S - It have a quad core proccy ..but on that site it is shown as a "dual core"

laptop were never meant to be used as gaming machines. cramped keyboard & hardly any room for upgradability. though this is one of the cheapest laptop that can run through any game, but i a 25k PC will be better :smile:

Top Bottom