Want a gaming rig for 25k

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Ohk... The computer Shop just suggested to go with intel, as its more future proof an stuff.Other wise i was planing for AMD itself.

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @ 6.4K
Motherboard: Asus M5A88-M @ 5.9K
Ram: G-skill Ripjaw/kingston HyperX Blue 1600 MHz CL9 4GB X 1 DDR3 @ 1.5K
Corsair GS600 600W 80+ PSU @ 4K
NZXT Source 201 Elite @ 2.4K
Total:20200.
Any More changes?

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
Massive clean up. eh. Ankit07 gets a week's ban.

Do this:

Update Asus M2N68-AM Plus to the latest BIOS. ASUS - Motherboards- ASUS M2N68-AM PLUS

Buy Athlon II X4 645 or Phenom II X4 840 for around Rs. 5000 and put it in your existing motherboard.

Corsair CX430v2 + HD 7770 = Rs. 2200 + 8600.
Corsair CX430v2 + HD 7850 = Rs. 2200 + wait_for_launch.

I would +1 that for you Serpent16. Go for this configuration. And that computer guy of yours, lol, don't mind what's he saying, just tell him to get the products for you and stop recommending intel without no reasons :D Good luck with that AMD config of yours, go for it without a second thought.

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
See this AnandTech - Bench - CPU
And I'm suggesting a configuration based on the above information.

Component Make Price
CPU Intel Core i3-2100 Processor 6420
Motherboard ASUS P8H61-M LX 3050
RAM Corsair DDR3 4 GB 1200
PSU Seasonic S12II-520 3770
Case NZXT Source Elite 2400
Total 16840

That leaves you with an ample budget for a killer GPU I guess. Again, its just a suggestion.;-)

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
^^Thanks dude,But its dual core ;)......

Yeah I know. I suggested the above config giving prime importance to gaming. It'll perform better then the AMD config. If you're doing tasks/running programs invloving more cores go for the AMD one without a second thought. All the best:thumbs:

aditya_

Broken In
See this AnandTech - Bench - CPU
And I'm suggesting a configuration based on the above information.

Component Make Price
CPU Intel Core i3-2100 Processor 6420
Case NZXT Source Elite 2400
Total 16840

That leaves you with an ample budget for a killer GPU I guess. Again, its just a suggestion.;-)

Looking Good :)

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^^These days if i run photoshop,and browse with 4-5 tabs open the computer hangs.Sometimes browsing alone with 4-5 tabs crashes my pc.So i cant much multitasking ;(

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
^^These days if i run photoshop,and browse with 4-5 tabs open the computer hangs.Sometimes browsing alone with 4-5 tabs crashes my pc.So i cant much multitasking ;(

The Intel config I suggested can handle these stuff like a song. But if you're so particular about more cores and can sacrifice USB 3.0 and SATA 6, try this config

Component Make Price
CPU Intel Core i5-2400 10800
Case Cooler Master Elite 311 2090
TOTAL 20910

The price difference is so less but the difference in performance...no need to explain I guess. Cooler Master Elite 311 does have cable management features and the PSU has better efficiency than GS 600. BTW let the experts comment on this and its you who must make the ultimate decision.:wink:

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^^Agree with you,Well i do need money for an 7850.Thats why im going for an AMD now.
Can you suggest a good 320 gb hardrive.I have 220 Gb.But there like only 50-100 Gb rem

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
But there like only 50-100 Gb rem

50-100 GB remaining? That's fairly good nah:wink:. The reason I said so is that there's nothing suicidal like buying a HDD at this point as the prices are sky rocketing. You should buy if and only if you're in desperate need of it. Because a year later when you get a 1TB HDD for the same price as that you paid for a 250 GB today, you'll be cursing yourself. Anyway the prices have started to fall slowly. So wait a bit more for a good deal.

BTW Check this - Flipkart: WD Caviar Blue 500 GB HDD Internal Hard Drive (WD5000AAKX): Internal Hard Drive

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
instead of getting Asus M5A88-M for 5900 get Asus M5A97 for 6200 which has better overclockability potential(4+2 Phase Power Design).

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Amd Phenom X4
MSI 88gma(Asus is not avail)
4 gb ram
Croshair Psu
Some Cabinet
Will post the Config tom after price quotation

Things said by my dad to me
The computer shop owner has cursing me,Confused with the config..etc
And hes saying sell the hardisk,Which i dont want to,As its a huge nuisance to install everything(Esp witcher 2 with almost 4 gb patches).

Last edited:
OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^^ Well the local computer shop doesnt have it.... :(.Cant help it.The owner is already very angry

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Dude,stop listening to what the computer guys tell you. I read some posts back that they said to go for intel because of future proofing and stuff. tell them that there really is no such thing as future proofing when it comes to computer hardware. much less when the next architechture(read:-ivy bridge) is coming out in a few months.
(Its different that phenom is discontinued. the fact is every hardware gets outdated.)

And if the computer guy is getting mad at you,simply leave his shop(or threaten to do so). You are spending money on the rig so you are entitled to your own opinions and also regarding what you want to sell and what you don't want to sell. if he gets angry,tell him to stuff it. there are plenty of other shops to buy from.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
why don't you try flipkart cash on delivery option if it is available in your area?(mangalore is not such a small city)

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^^ Well problem is assembling an stuff.Now decided to go for that config,Parents getting angry to

Top Bottom