waiting for 2am to start downloading??? sleep cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sathyan A. S.

Broken In
Thank you mario_pant. I was looking for something like this and this one really works.
Thank you very much.

Regarding security; if you do not want the username and password to be shown on the window just add '@ echo off' before the command given by mario.

So the code will be

@ echo off
rasdial <connection name> <Username> <password>

mr_356

Broken In
In my services record they list night unlimited download(is't it free?).
and total download reach at 700MB in one day.

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
One thing i wanna ask:
Where is the dialer for bsnl broadband? I mean, i already had a connection named LAN that i had to config.
Rasdial isn't working for that.

mr_356

Broken In
yes, you can.
first of all you need to edit modem setting(MT882).
set the WAN setting of the modem to FC2684Bridged(not ppp).(If you never edit the setting than no need to do this)
than in XP follow,
start>control penal>Network connection>create new connection.

than
conncet to the internet-next
setup my conncetion manualy-next
connect using a broadband that requires a username and password-next
ISP name-next
username etc.-next

to disable LAN go to the property of LAN(in network conncetion)
select internet protocol(TCP/IP) than select properties.
and select obtain IP address automatically and obtain DNS server automatically.

press OK Done.

:D

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
Thanks for the reply, but when i try to connect with the dialer it says:
Error:769 The destination could not be reached.

Do i have to plug in a phone cabel in my cpu? Or is there some config. to be done in the 192.168.1.1? Can you explain it step by step.

S

Shock_the_Rock

can u tell me with bitorrent i download full versiion. my bitorrent is not working i mean , it dowsn't download anything after allocating.

gycapri

Broken In
if 2am to 8am download is free on bsnl then y i got rs5000 bill .

i had changed my plan on 13jan & in dec jan bill i got rs5000 bill for broadband !!! i'he downloded 1gb in free hour & only 300 mb crossed limit in both dec & jan each .

so my estimated bill wasnt greater than rs2000 .
now im calculating i can show that after adding free hour download my bill will go to rs5000 !!!! wat i do now the bsnl officer says everything is right with bill !!!

amrit1

Are we there yet?
can i use it with dap or flashget
means they will not start downloading after starting them.
is there is any way to solve this problem

Vyasram

The pWnster
gycapri said:
if 2am to 8am download is free on bsnl then y i got rs5000 bill .

i had changed my plan on 13jan & in dec jan bill i got rs5000 bill for broadband !!! i'he downloded 1gb in free hour & only 300 mb crossed limit in both dec & jan each .

so my estimated bill wasnt greater than rs2000 .
now im calculating i can show that after adding free hour download my bill will go to rs5000 !!!! wat i do now the bsnl officer says everything is right with bill !!!

Are u usin a 250 plan . This scheme is not available for this plan. U can dload/uload only 400 mb .

IF u r usin dap, just use the rasdial command and then use the scheduler feature

gsmsikar

Journeyman
i have a bsnl broadband connection and the modem came with the connection.. SmarAX MT882
there are two ways to connect the modem to the PC ,
1. USB
2. Ethernet

which one is good in any way in between them?

and i am using it in USB now , can u tell me how to configure it to use in Ethernet ?

help me plz..

thanks

OP
mario_pant

mario_pant

In the zone
hahahah..... thats right! suck bsnl!

anyways, if u still are very desperate, just get a NORMAL (ie. NOT CROSSOVER) CAT-5 cable from the market.... put it in the RJ-45 jack on both sides ie. in the modem as well as in the ethernet card.... and i think it will be done...
only.. another LAN type connection based on the network card will now appear.....
in my opinion the network card option is MUCH MUCH better as it is supported by ALL OSes.... including macOS, all Linux!!

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Everything is working fine except the MOST crucial part - the connection itself! The computer boots up fine and launches my browser (or download manager or whatever) too but it does not connect to the internet. When during testing, I manually connected to the internet, it disconnected it at the scheduled time alright. So what am I doing wrong here?
I entered the following in the 'dialup.bat' file:
rasdial BSNL_BB kool_n_casual <password>
(where '<password>' is my connection password).
Please reply ASAP! Thanks! :)

Edit: It's workin' fine! THANKS A LOT, mario_pant! You are the re-incarnation of GOD!!! :D

Last edited:

Ishan

In the zone
Hey People....I am a broadband user since a year..and i can sure tell that BSNL is cheating us....
@gycapri
..Its obvious u'll get the bill so high..
See..

in the service records....they'll showa big "0" in the last column....pretending that they don't calculate the downloads b/w 2 am to 8 am...but try to calculate all those Kbs...and you'll find them much less than what they mention in the top...
Now calculate the "total Kb" column...and it will sum up to exactly what it shows above...SO man We are cheated....I have 12 months experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom