w800i In-Ear Earphones !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

raksrules

Youngling
I need to buy new HPM-70 Earphones for my w800i. I know getting the original from Sony world would be expensive as well as tedious since most of the time they dont have stock. Actually i have Creative EP-630 that i am using with my current HPM-70.
Can anyone suggest where can i buy a new HPM-70 for a reasonable cost in Mumbai. ALFA is selling them for Rs. 250 but they dont come in any sort of packaging but simply in a very small plastic bag just wound using a small thread type wire. The way usually we get the fake sony / aiwa earphones. Some shops are also selling the HPM-70 in a proper packaging for Rs. 300 and above.

What do you suggest ???

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Why don't you use EP-630 instead??
They aren't bad either.
If you insist then go for the one you saw at alpha.My friend too bought a HPM -70 for some 250 bucks(Not original),but it didn't sound bad either.

Yeah there is loss of quality for sure between original & cheap duplicate.
But if you have very sharp ears then only you will feel the difference. ;)

OP
raksrules

raksrules

Youngling
I am using EP-630 only but still need the lower part of HPM-70 (Fastport to 3.5 mm connector). But in that too i am trying to find a reliable one. Since we can find fakes in abundance.
Its like finding the best from the all the fakes.
And although i am not an audiophile but still can recognize the drop in quality (if it is there).

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Buy a fake one & use the fastport to 3.5mm connector of that.
In fakes only the earbuds are of bad quality,the connector is good enough.

OP
raksrules

raksrules

Youngling
Ya but the fake ones are also available from many vendors and so i have no clue which fakes one will be the best.
Any clue how to identify that ?

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Ya but the fake ones are also available from many vendors and so i have no clue which fakes one will be the best.
Any clue how to identify that ?

It doesn't matter. Get cheap one preferably of Rs.150 to 200.

OP
raksrules

raksrules

Youngling
But kahan se???
Thats the main question....
You people have any clue where to buy them from in western Mumbai suburbs

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
You can find these in mobile accessories stores or small dealers.
Take a look at some shops near shivaji park.Even some road vendors sell them.
I have no clue about shops in suburbs. :(

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
Actually, even using a fake fast-port converter will affect music quality by quite a bit. I've experienced it myself. And it is quite perceptible even if you do not have "sharp ears".

acewin

Point Blanc
Actually, even using a fake fast-port converter will affect music quality by quite a bit. I've experienced it myself. And it is quite perceptible even if you do not have "sharp ears".

my experience, I bought K550i, didnt like the earphones supplied, bought HPM-70 in 300 bucks it was seal packed in cover, but I had checked the price in Sony World also which was 1500.

But there was two things I noticed, the guy was giving what he said local or not original in Rs 100, the built wasnt very good, looked alot scratched and all differnent defect in each piece. But the piece which I bought in seal pack was exact copy and real good, so beware of what you are buying, and I hope you will find near your home enough mobile accessories shop, I had checked HPM-85 also, in another shop being sold at Rs 950, they were saying its original ( and I checked it, it was seal packed), so I think the ones being sold in plastic seal pack the look alike of original Sony package which you see in Sony World, even if its not 100% original, I say this because I am not sure what general mobile accessory shops say are original are really the original because of the pricing.

I hope you get a good piece, because its really the job of finding the best in all fakes.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
WTF you guys pay 250 bucks for fake crap???

LOL

the ORIGINAL Sony earphone retails at Rs.400 (at "mobile store")
& the fake one comes at Rs. 60 :p

acewin

Point Blanc

LOL

LOL, well I think you should check Sony World, for prices, :) :eek:

infra, thats what I think, in grey market we get it in below 300, but if you really think of difference Sony World people are giving you can get second ideas of them being to be the fake ones.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!

LOL

I've never ever seen original hpm-70 for Rs.400 at Sony World!

LOL, well I think you should check Sony World, for prices, :) :eek:

infra, thats what I think, in grey market we get it in below 300, but if you really think of difference Sony World people are giving you can get second ideas of them being to be the fake ones.
Sorry, I didn't understand that.

Also, you get original hpm-70 for Rs.300 in grey market too. They come only in a plastic bag, sealed. You can check the product number. Best is you can test them and can easily come to know whether they are original or fake.

I agree for a first timer it'd be difficult to distinguish b/w original and fake in grey market.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
*www.finic.de/out/oxbaseshop/html/0/dyn_images/2/soehpm70_p2.jpg
i inquired at "The Mobile Store" & "Hot Spot", for w300i.

Rs.400 is the cost they told me.

& Rs.60 is what my friend used to spend for fake ones for his w550i. (used to buy at richie st., chennai)

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
I bought a fake one for my W710i several months ago since I already had the speakers and only needed the lower adaptor. It cost around 200 bucks and was in a completely sealed Walkman package. Nobody could tell whether it was fake or original. However 5 seconds of listening and I knew it was a duplicate.

As for sound quality, i found the bass of the adaptor to be a bit weaker but the highs were stronger. So the music sounded a bit clearer but had less weight to it. The biggest difference was the volume which is a full bar lower than with the original adaptor. But that doesn't matter much as nobody listens to that high volume.

If you want to buy the fake, just buy the one from Alfa that you saw.

acewin

Point Blanc
well infra what I meant was, if you goto Sony world and check price of HPM-70 or HPM-75 you will find there price around 1500, I can go to Sony World again it being near my house and get you each ones price next time(HPM-70, 75, 85 etc etc). So, I agree its really messy job.
@krazyfrog, I am not much of a audiophile, but I am damn sure the my fast port and wires are working good even if they are not 100% original. I actually needed this for 2 reasons (though I had my original K550i supplied earphones which arent HPM-70) fast port where I can attach anyother earphones of which I can guarantee are original and secondly ear buds which can fit into my ears, the original K550i earpiece always gets slipped off my ears, heehe

Last edited:
OP
raksrules

raksrules

Youngling
You can get the orignial hpm-70 in grey market for as less as Rs.300.

Original earpiece in grey market for less than 300 bucks :shock:
Plz some one guide me where can i buy the same in Mumbai.

Also, you get original hpm-70 for Rs.300 in grey market too. They come only in a plastic bag, sealed. You can check the product number. Best is you can test them and can easily come to know whether they are original or fake.

In ALFA too they are selling in the same way as you have mentioned, it is in small plastic bag. No Fancy packing. But the person there told me that they are not original. He told "Sound quality thoda hi kum hai original se" and it was costing Rs. 250/-

BTW the fancy packing ones that look like originals are no way the ones primarily because of their cost and moreover i have bought the same type once and i know they sound crap.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom