w800i In-Ear Earphones !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
fake one has crappy paint quality on the "w" logo, cheap plastic & the contact has crappy copper coating.

its not hard to tell the difference.

btw 250buks for a fake thing is still too much :lol:

i wanted to buy dv cable (cam to pc), i asked for its price at Sony World, they said Rs.1400:shock:
i bought that cable for Rs.150 at "Mercy Electronics", chennai.

i guess "The Mobile Store" & "Hot Spot" are there in mumbai too, why dont you go there & ask for the price:|

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
I dunno about Mumbai but we get it freely in S.P.Road, Bangalore. My friend bought orginal hpm-70 in grey market for Rs.325 last month. I can guarantee that they are original. This can also be confirmed from the product id. But when you haf your senses working right (ears), there is no doubt that they are original :)

Heera-Panna, perhaps???

ajayritik

Technomancer
I dunno about Mumbai but we get it freely in S.P.Road, Bangalore. My friend bought orginal hpm-70 in grey market for Rs.325 last month. I can guarantee that they are original. This can also be confirmed from the product id. But when you haf your senses working right (ears), there is no doubt that they are original :)

Heera-Panna, perhaps???

When I first read your post telling it's available freely then I was wondering if I can get it from there. I think by freely available you meant that its easily available. Dude can you check with your friend the store from where he bought it so that I can also get it from Bangalore? I also read somewhere in the forum that we have to enter the product ID in Sony Website to confirm whether its original and also he will not be giving a bill for it. It's available for Rs 600 here in Hyderabad at BigC.

i wanted to buy dv cable (cam to pc), i asked for its price at Sony World, they said Rs.1400:shock:
i bought that cable for Rs.150 at "Mercy Electronics", chennai.

i guess "The Mobile Store" & "Hot Spot" are there in mumbai too, why dont you go there & ask for the price:|

Even I had a similar experience they quoted a price of around Rs 400-500 in Sony and when I checked it in local store I found the price as Rs 40. :)

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Yes, by freely I mean easily. I'm sure most of the shops here allow you to test the earbuds before buying. If you are buying something in the range of Rs.300 in a "box" shrink wrapped case (az in the pic) then its mostly fake.

The original ones in grey market ususally come wrapped in a plastic; they are mostly taken out from the box pieces and hence no packaging.

OP
raksrules

raksrules

Youngling
they are mostly taken out from the box pieces and hence no packaging.

Like in ???
what sort of packing do they remove the earphones from ??
Some one had once told me they also smuggle original HPM-70s in bulk and then sell at cheap rates here. They too come in similar packaging of small plastic bag.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
+1 for infra
and genuine greymarket ones comes with replaceable earbuds of small and large ones.
Just plug it into some walkmans and ull feel the difference b/w fake and original.
Its now as low as 350/- or so. And the plastic bags will have 'made in china' like stickers.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Like in ???
what sort of packing do they remove the earphones from ??
Some one had once told me they also smuggle original HPM-70s in bulk and then sell at cheap rates here. They too come in similar packaging of small plastic bag.
Yeah they either remove the earbuds from the oroginal phone box and/or smuggle original hpm70 in large amounts. Hence its only a small plastic bag that they come in and haf a cellophane tape.

+1 for infra
and genuine greymarket ones comes with replaceable earbuds of small and large ones.
Just plug it into some walkmans and ull feel the difference b/w fake and original.
Its now as low as 350/- or so. And the plastic bags will have 'made in china' like stickers.
Yep, the original ones come with varied sized earbuds. This is also one point of diffrence b/w original and fake ones.

OP
raksrules

raksrules

Youngling
But i brought one from a store (Sagar Arcade) in Pune for 300 bucks. It was in one of those fancy packings and they also had the 3 different pairs of earbuds of different sizes. But in cent percent sure they are not original.

But can anyone please tell me where i can check details about the product by entering the product serial ??

acewin

Point Blanc
well my buyiong experience is same as rak, bought it in seal pack, and it had all buds +3 which comes with normally any sony ericsson original ear phones( I got my friend bought one in 1600 bucks from Sony World) there is nothing wrong in the piece, and the shopkeeper opened the box and got me to test the piece also, the other ones which he was selling for 100 were unbearable pieces, most were deformed or wire cut in lower part, which would mean they were either rectified pieces or something like that, but I am damn sure people who have heard from the in pack in original phones they can distinguish the one I am buying in 200-300 in seal pack hasnt the same quality sounds.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Ok, there seems to be a lot of confusion. Lemme put it this way:

Do not buy earbuds without bill which are sealed and shrink wrapped. They are mostly fake. Even if they are not then there is no way to test it other than cutting the pack after which the shopkeeper will refuse to take it back.

If buying from grey market always test before you buy. The orignal grey market pieces come in a small plastic bag with 3 sized earbuds which can be easily opened and tested.

OP
raksrules

raksrules

Youngling
@infra_red_dude

The message given is loud and clear but now if i go to ALFA in Mumbai where the guy is offering earphones in the same packaging as grey market, i can also test the same before buying. Although he claims that it is Indeed NOT original, still i can listen with the original bundled earphones (only the upper part i mean) and also using my creative EP-630 and if i feel the sound quality is good enuf i can go ahead and buy the same.

ajayritik

Technomancer
I saw one in BigC which costs Rs 650 and I'm sure it was sealed. It was written Made in China on that. One more thing I noticed was this cover was much smaller in size than the original one which my friend bought from Sony World. Are you sure that grey pieces can be opened and tested? If they allow us to open it and check does that by default imply that it is Grey piece rather than fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom