W700i as Bluetooth remote cotrol for PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

chits

Broken In
Hi Guys,

Has anybody used their SE W700i as a remote for their PC/Laptop and controlled Winamp etc.
I have connected my phone with PC. but still unable to use it as remote.
I also have installed SE Bluetooth software.
waht else to do?

Thanks

AshishSharma

Livin' in the ghetto
This app should help you to accomplish your goal ...

*www.bluetoothshareware.com/bluetooth_remote_control.asp

OP
C

chits

Broken In
Hi Guys ,
Thanks for the links.

I am a bit new to the stuff ,Where to put this HID file ? On phone or Laptop?
I made a HID file for W700i from SE software

I have a widcomm bluetooth dongle, I guess it has some issue (not supporting HID profile with 1.2.2.5 version of driver).

Has anybody tried with WidComm ?

infra_red_dude said:
download bluetooth hid files:

*www.hidfiles.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=4&func=fileinfo&id=8

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
dunno abt widcomm, but i use bluesoleil. it has a one click hid service. put the hid file in ur phone and activate the corresponding software on ur computer/laptop and control using ur phone.

AshishSharma

Livin' in the ghetto
If nyone of u have succeeded in making this work / if you do succeed I guess u should write an tutorial on this ... Should be helpful I say :)

navneeth_snr

Journeyman
AshishSharma said:
If nyone of u have succeeded in making this work / if you do succeed I guess u should write an tutorial on this ... Should be helpful I say :)

Yes, It has worked for me. My phone is SE W810i. I use BlueSoleil to connect.

Just copy HID files to phone from PC. It will automatically save to Remote Control Folder.

Open BlueSoleil application, Search and connect your phone. Once it gets connected, Enable Bluetooth Human Interface Device Service in the BlueSoleil application. Your phone will automatically ask to use Remote Control and select yes.

OP
C

chits

Broken In
Hi ,
I used the SE Software to create the HID File for W700i , but when I copied the file on phone it doesn't recognize it, do I have to copy in some special folder, I have copied in 'other' folder.

Anyway I will try with Bluesoli app...
also Is their any issues with Widcomm device or its driver etc ?

navneeth_snr

Journeyman
chits said:
Hi ,
I used the SE Software to create the HID File for W700i , but when I copied the file on phone it doesn't recognize it, do I have to copy in some special folder, I have copied in 'other' folder.

Anyway I will try with Bluesoli app...
also Is their any issues with Widcomm device or its driver etc ?

Use My Phone Explorer, and just drag to the HID files to root (just like copying a java application). It will automatically save to remote control application.

outlaw

De@d
^^^
the ir range would be pretty low ; and u'll have to be very near to da t.v so the application beats the purpose of being a remote

OP
C

chits

Broken In
I think it all depends what the Tv has ..most of the TV/DVD player has IR (though some has RF , in which point of scale is not required) .
TV are not having Bluetooth coz its a costly technology as compared to IR, also then the remote needs to be bluetooth enabled...

Now I am able to use my phone as remote control my laptop, it is very helpful While I watch movies with lappy working as DVD player (Audio/Video connected to TV via S-Video)...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom