W580 Or 5310 ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

yogeshm.007

The real Bond
Hi

I am planning to buy one of SE W580 and Nokia 5310. Can you please suggest me which one is better? For me, 5310 only has good music capabilities and a bit better software compatibility going for it, otherwise W580 seems a good all round phone with much better firmware. My dad has Z550i and I'm its music sounds good to me, just its bases are mellow.
(PS: I'm planning to have a 4 GB card installed also)

Any help is appreciated...

Thanks

i think w580i is better than 5310
w580i looks stunning it has good features and excellent music quality as well
but just check its keypad before going to buy. i heard it breaks easily
5310 is only good for the music while w580i is overall good and available in different colors

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I will stay away from 5310. It's too tiny.

I actually went to buy this phone but ended up buying motorok E6. I didn't take W580i as I never liked the slide up interface and walkman phones are too overpriced.

eg: k550i and w610i have same hardware but a 3k price difference between them only due to walkman branding :)

If you can pay 12k, go for N73me or K790i. You will be amazed by the quality of K790i, a true winner.

OP
yogeshm.007

yogeshm.007

The real Bond
eg: k550i and w610i have same hardware but a 3k price difference between them only due to walkman branding :)

They are priced higher all right, but they also bundle extra features. e.g. referring to your example W610 comes with more memory and with portable stereo speaker; not that I want those :cool:

I just wanted your opinion about 5310/W580 because I was not sure about real difference between music quality of these phones. I have made my mind for W580, just wanted to be sure.

About the keypad problem, I had contacted SE customer care and they said that the problem has been solved in newer models and I think I can trust them.

Thanks

dreams

Gracias Senor
Close ur eye's n go 4 w580i..I am havin the same and the keypad is very strong. no issues til now.

Pros - Walkman, side lights, shake control, can modify anythin 2 ur taste(flash menu's, walkman skins, icons, custom menu's).

Cons - Battery life, no flash.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^^ Okay. My vote goes to W580i. I tested both and i feel that W580i is much much better as overall package. Only thing that is good about 5310 is it's 9.9mm thick. IMHO, It's a ladies phone. Being slim, it has 850mAh battery and the display is 16M color and eats lot of battery. don't fall for the 18hr music playback thing. That is for ideal playback where you play 128kbps mp3 with minimal use of display and minimal skips.

OP
yogeshm.007

yogeshm.007

The real Bond
Ok, got a new W580 for 10.1k on Saturday.

BTW, i've one more question for you. Can i attach normal headphones with it? My brother has one by Tokshu (or something like that; one which covers the ears; with more than average overall performance) and insists on using them with phone. I'm not sure of power rating of the headphones. I'm still not allowing my brother to plug them into the mobile. Can anybody help me in this?
Thanks.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
You can always try. You can't attach headphones whose impedence rating doesn't match with the source.

The best way is to go ahead and test it :)

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
no u cant...it may drain the battery more and may affect the battery life in the long run(in mayb 3 years)....but it wont harm ur phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom