W32.Ramnit worm. please help

evewin89

In the zone
W32.Ramnit worm. please help

hello guyz.......recently my pc. got infected by a virus (or spyware) known as W32.Ramnit
i scanned my computer with Norton 360 and nod32, norton detected it but its not able to remove the virus so i formatted my os partition and then reinstalled xp but then also my not able to remove the virus from my computer.
so guyz please help me to remove this virus from my computer and my pen drive.

Few sign of this virus is that....
1.whenever i connect a pen drive it creates 4 shortcut links file in that pen drive + one autorun file + one recycler folder.
i used all the methods to delete autorun.inf and other virus folder + i also tried to search a particular virus service but m still unable to kill this virus. so please help.

2. whenever i run an .exe file, it creates a new .exe file beside the original .exe file. (eg. original file.exe virus file (original fileMgr.exe)

3.The virus created a file in %program file%/Microsoft/ with the name watermark.exe

so guyz plese help me ASAP.

Last edited:

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
nope not me...but I found a possible remedy in majorgeeks forum...please try and let us know...

forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=219821

abhijangda

Padawan
try using
Quick Heal, avira, kaspersky.
They might help.
Scan ur computer in safe mode with fully updated antivirus.

Also do you have any Linux installed.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@evewin89: the virus is still in ur system...so only removing frm pendrive wont help....
try bitdefender total security 2009 or 2010.....
try to format the pendrive from cmd....

J

Joker

take back up of everything..

delete all partitions, parition, format and install XP form the scratch. virus again comes from ur other drives.

norton (everything) is crap...avira antivir is the best and only a good antivirus (no internet security suites) is more thn enough.

lastly..if u want to live a peaceful life..use Ubuntu linux and keep windows for gaming.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^

1. get a good A/V in a pendrive from your friend. whose PC is clean.
2. Format C drive or windows partition & reinstall win.
3. as soon as PC back, insert pendrive, install A/V. & do a boot scan or total PC scan. DON'T EVEN THINK OF TOUCHING THE OTHER DRIVES until scan over.
4. delete/quantine/move-to-chest or do whatever with those maniacs.
5. now update your A/V & also if possible install a anti-spyware & do scan of the other drives with the A/S.

done. PC should be clean.

OP
evewin89

evewin89

In the zone
thanks Sam.Shab for the info. 2day i again intalled xp after deleting "c" drive. an after intalling the os i installed avira antivir anti virus. then as soon as i began to install drivers for my computer from another drive the virus hit my computer. but avira antivir anti virus was able to detect which file got affected and it deleted those files. but i still know some where the virus is still there in my PC. i have lots of data on my other drive so i cannot format the whole computer. but i somehow think that formating the whole PC (including all the drives) is the only option left for me.

Top Bottom