Vodafone Charging 50p/3 min for customer care in a toll free no.??

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Hey guys,i had called up at vodafone yest regarding some clarification at their toll free number 111(even 9820098200),when i opted to talk to customer care executive,it informs that from now on,u will be charged 50p/3min to talk to a customer care executive...is this legal??So we have to pay them for some problem of theirs,i asked some of my friends & they said that there were some rumours of them planning to charge...can anyone tell me y they are charging for customer care service?Is this applicable to every service or is vodafone the only one doing it...??

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Airtel and MTNL don't do so.

Edit: okay Airtel is charging too. :/

MTNL ftw.

Last edited:

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Yup! Some prank callers!

My brother played me a recorded conversation (think it is from Airtel support). A guy calls up support for activating caller tunes, playing dumb and really mocks the guy at support. Putting myself in that guys' shoes, it is rather irritating and gives a reason good enough for mobile operators to put a toll (though I think that is not the best solution).

suyash_123

Techno Freak
Ya ,
This is true that now all the Mobile service provider are going to charge for talk with Customer care.
but TRAI has not yet approved that, so all this is waiting for a green flag from Trai.

But I got news that For Compliant there will be a new Phone number which will be free, but for other customer care will Be Payable.

i don't know exactly the reason for this,may be this is the new way the govt is Charging the Mobile service vendor, and the load is being transfer to Poor Customers.

(Same Like service tax: which has to be payed by person who provide services but they directly charge it from there Dear Customers.)

Really Govt Is trying to Juice all there avenues from different sources as best as possible and every time sufferer is POOR CUSTOMER (AAM Janata) .

After 3g Boom ,Govt is still hungry for Money from Mobile Service provider.
(i think after paying such a big amt by Mobile service provider to govt , 3g services will be a expensive and will not be affordable also)

If CCare is chargeable,then i will prefer to go In Customer care to resolve my problem :(

azzu

AJJU
Ya ,

Really Govt Is trying to Juice all there avenues from different sources as best as possible and every time sufferer is POOR CUSTOMER (AAM Janata) .

After 3g Boom ,Govt is still hungry for Money from Mobile Service provider.
(i think after paying such a big amt by Mobile service provider to govt , 3g services will be a expensive and will not be affordable also)
AFAIK govt wont get any money from the cc charges
its Service providers who r charging it.
though i hope TRAI doesnt approve it :)
little old thread to Dig na ?

pauldmps

Banned
The operators are suffering heavy loses from the competition in the market & the recent 3G auctions (in which the govt. almost stripped the companies naked).

So the person bearing this load would be the customers.

Top Bottom