VIT result out!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
just checked out the VIT website and the results are out almost a week before the expected date.
i got 7353 rank and counselling date june 10th.
any idea if i could get electronics and telecommunication without any donation and stuff?

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Nopes. You wont. You may get some crap stream. But your donation amount would be less, if thats any consolation.

rajeshjsl

AskRajesh

Ma bad too !

Last year the last rank to get into vit was 20821 and thats true . Btw this time too much students .

After reading into *www.bits360.com/forum/truth-about-vit-t1958.html I think I'm glad I got that rank actually.

I DO hope to get Amrita University though.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
There may be routine cheks on your mobile phone. The pro chancellor may ask to c ur cell ,
search it , if found any obscene msgs or pix , ur parents will be called.My frend had his
gf's msg n the registrar called up his father that he has msgs from his gf. LOOOL.
:-D :lol:

Coool

I'm Back!:D
They are fooools!! My frnd caught with a N73 phone..They asked does it has cam? He said no.. He turned the phone and found nothing and given it to my frnd..:lol:
Actually its not even his phone..Its his frnds one

INS-ANI

In the zone
Another story of a VITIAN, my old frnd..
i am not sure if i can tell the exact character...
well here it goes....

in his first year, he was drinking fruit beer, and was caught with cans outside his room..the warden enquired what he was doing? he checked the bottle which it was printed "ALCOHOL FREE" and then again asked, where is the alcohol? hand it over to me, or else you will be immediately expelled from clg..

Since then, he stopped drinking non-alcohol drinks.

B

blackleopard

I have got a rank of 1230....pls tell me which branch???......i read the "Truth abt VIT".....is it true?...or is it just a student enjoying himself?

I have got a rank of 1230....pls tell me which branch???......i read the "Truth abt VIT".....is it true?...or is it just a student enjoying himself?
Yeah its true. But he writes the extreme experience.

BTW, if you got 1230, you can even get in an NIT I guess if performance was similar in AIEEE.

k1ller

Right off the assembly line
After reading into *www.bits360.com/forum/truth-about-vit-t1958.html I think I'm glad I got that rank actually.

I DO hope to get Amrita University though.

ok Firstly im sry to bump this thread up but it had to be done..

ok lemme begin,could pls c the post in bits360 site the guy posting definitely has a very wrong impression of indian institutes.Vit - it has been ranked 10 among all the colleges of the country[India Today] placed much above Nit-t,Nit-w,Iit-h etc,So what ever that guy thinks he is mistaken.

I have taken a long time to write this so kindly pls spend somtime to read it out
AND people who have not a got into Vit have no right no comment on it Since i dont know ne1 with a seat in Nit i wont comment on that.

Moving on to college life,The post u have given the link the guy in that has never seen a life in a hostel it seems stayed in the luxury of his parents..HE talks about hostels being strick and stuff Let me Clarify that my own brother is in Bits Pilani-Goa campus[bpgc]
1. For them the time to get into to hostel is before 9:00 while in vit for men its 12:30 sunday through Friday on saturdays its 1:30 dont u think thats more than enough??
2. Going out of the hostel in bits also need special permissions including consents from parents..
3. Bits campus is barely 180 acres compared to the 380 acres campus of VIT.
4. OK room ins both hostels are kinda comparable since goa is a new a campus just 6 years old while VIT is 26 years old Still rooms are comparable if not better in VIt[that is the a/c rooms].
5 .The post says that camera Phone are not allowed in VIT that guy Doesnt know in bits also there is a rule that mobiles with a camera better than a Vga not allowed ..BUt who lissen to the rule ?? its der in almost every college since the MMS scandal of DPS R.K.Puram.
6 .There are 13blocks of Hostels in VIt With each having its own Swimming pool,Gymnastics Room,Table tennis room,4 BAdminton courts,caroms and chess and such kinda indoor games rooms along with tv lounges each having a lcd 40" on alternate floors.All the blocks are then connected to a command Ground wid 2 cricket pitches and a seperate football ground Along with a 400m-track with high long n long jump areas for recreation UNlike in bits Wer my bro plays football in the hostel corridors and the roads which was fun when i went there to visit him But yes Bits does have a nice cricket ground but only to be used by the college team.How much would u want for recreation??
7 .Yes 1 advatage i would give to BITs is the A/c Classrooms which VIT lacks But then VIT has Smart classRooms where anything the lecturer writes on the board gets directly fed into ur laptop without typing which provides ample time to concentrate on whats being taught n less on noting stuff down.
8 .Vit campus is Wifi enabled all over Yes even bits campus is too but its limited to Studying who take/given prior permission by the respective professors.
9 .VIt has 5 foodcourts in the college campus and 3 foodcourts in the hostel area and there are 3 a/c coffee shops and 2 non a/c cafes in the college open 24hrs.In the Hostels the cafe is open 24 hrs.Vit has 3 messes -Veg, Non-Veg and Special meals[Basically for the exchange program students].
THe Foodcourt is multicousine [Including chinese, Indian-Chats,Mughlai,outh Indian, Italian,Along with rajasthani bengali and Gujrati foods if asked with special requests.
10 .Campus has 5 ATM's along with a nice groccery store,a Shopping mart,And other shops For everyday use.
11. Laptops,Tv's,Guitars and other electronic items can be kept in rooms with the wardens permission [mainly for security]
12 .Yes Study hours start from 9:00 when all the tv's are switched off..Dont u think studies are important in a college Unlike the guy in that forum cant u spend barely 2 hours studying after enjoying all the way from 5:00 to 9:00??
if u cant then i suggest u forget about choosing any of the high ranked colleges including BITS,NIts And IIts.

Moving Onto Academics,
The College has about 1200 seats in total per year opposed to the [900seats in pilani+2400 in Goa+3675 in hyderbad]6975 seats in Total In Bits not considering Dubai that is and it is much better than the 27k seats in NIts and extra 9k seats in affiliated colleges.
Getting into Vit is not a piece of cake u need to be among the top 6.5k of the country lets face it thats an accomplishment itself.
All the students in Vit are studios expect for a few Management guys[76 exact last year] Whose admission does not affect the merit students..
The Lecturors in the first year are not that agreat i agree But Once the Specialization in streams start that is from the second year all the professors are very high qualified and about 60% of them have Phd's.

The competition is extremely high Especially due to the student exchange program in the final semister wer students are sent abroad to Other colleges including Mit,Kaurnal-Newyork,Caltek -- US ,UNversity of manchester -- LOndon etc
abroad and iit-Mumbai,IIT-Madras and Anna UNiversity-Chennai etc among the top indian colleges.Only the merit studies are elligebile which makes getting into the top spots much more exciting.
Nit's and IIt's are still not able to generate such facilities simple because they do not have funds.

Im kinda bored of writing Now but I was pissed wen i saw the post that i decided to register n post my comments

ANd GAutham u think VIt is strict wer girls even wear mini skirts in campus
Then c amrita man,its run by the temple what do u expect?? its completely veg and girls and boys have sperate messes and have a strict dress code with no college functions involving modern dances [only traditional] Not that i have a grudge against it but i think u should know before u make ne conceptions on it

VIt is No doubt among the top ten colleges of the country whether u people believe me or not Gautham is the only guy who has ever shown me such a post in which a student has complained that badly And even in that forum rest of the people are not agreeing with the guy

AND I DONT WANA MAKE NE MISS CONCEPTIONS -- NO IM NOT A STUPID IN VIT I M IN 12th JUST GOT 1321 RANK IN VIT,I WILL BE GETTING 221 MArks in IITJEE AND hoping FOR ABT 285 IN AIEEE ..
If im not able to get my stream that is CSE in IIT Then i would Consider nit and vit equally but considering that im from a fast lifestyle and used to luxuries i might look into both a take a shot ..Many ppl prefer Nits bcos frankly is dead cheap,Accomidation lets commpare its wrse than ne thing u can imagine but since majority cant afford its their best option

Finally Dont make posts to influence ne1's choices Especially when u could not make it

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
Getting into Vit is not a piece of cake u need to be among the top 6.5k of the country lets face it thats an accomplishment itself.
:shock::shock::shock:
wake up dude, vit comes way down on peoples list of colleges. i have been thru the iitjee & aieee counsellings, and frankly i think no one with a AIR of 6.5k in jee will go to VIT.:p
most of ppl who end up in VIT, have AIEEE ranks below 15k, even upto 30k.
just my opinion.

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
VIt is No doubt among the top ten colleges of the country whether u people believe me or not
:shock::shock::shock:. no comments. (i mean such unsubstantiated claims of urs are leaving me speechless)

*www.successcds.net/engineeringentranceexam/Top-100-Engineering-Colleges.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom