VIT result out!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
Many ppl prefer Nits bcos frankly is dead cheap,Accomidation lets commpare its wrse than ne thing u can imagine but since majority cant afford its their best option
u mean to say people choose NITs over VIT only because its cheap?? lol, thats the lamest thing i've heard. anyone in their right minds, even when money is not an issue will prefer NITs over VIT. because finally its the students who make (or break) the college's reputation, well and some digging into previous years history will tell you what rankers went where. people will be ready to give a hand and a leg to get into NIT trichi/warangal/suratkal/allahbad, etc.

btw, FYI BIT Mesra, Ranchi (my college) allocates seperate rooms for each student (from 1st year itself). and i can assure u its well maintained and definitely not "wrse than ne thing u can imagine".:p:p:p.

Last edited:

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
Moving Onto Academics,
The College has about 1200 seats in total per year opposed to the [900seats in pilani+2400 in Goa+3675 in hyderbad]6975 seats in Total In Bits not considering Dubai that is and it is much better than the 27k seats in NIts and extra 9k seats in affiliated colleges.
again dude, ur making statements devoid of any logic, and in fact totally untrue.
1>NITs have only 10k seats in total. thats about 500 seat per individual NIT.
now tell me which is better???
2>BITS has 7000 seats? u s#itting me?? :shock::shock: its more like 2000. which is combined for 3 campuses.
3>coming to affiliated colleges, again the 9k seats are shared by nearly 20 different colleges, not one campus.

so now tell me u want ur college to be like this???

*www.kenyatravelideas.com/images/crossing-close-up.jpg
I am sure VIT looks like this.......:p

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
AND I DONT WANA MAKE NE MISS CONCEPTIONS -- NO IM NOT A STUPID IN VIT I M IN 12th JUST GOT 1321 RANK IN VIT,I WILL BE GETTING 221 MArks in IITJEE AND hoping FOR ABT 285 IN AIEEE ..
good for you. just one doubt: if ur really just in 12th, how come u know so much abt VIT?? chacha ka college hai kya??:p:p
dont tell me the prospectus made u so wise... the prospectus is after all an advertisement, and cannot be taken as truth.

Last edited:

k1ller

Right off the assembly line
again dude, ur making statements devoid of any logic, and in fact totally untrue.
1>NITs have only 10k seats in total. thats about 500 seat per individual NIT.
now tell me which is better???
2>BITS has 7000 seats? u s#itting me?? :shock::shock: its more like 2000. which is combined for 3 campuses.
3>coming to affiliated colleges, again the 9k seats are shared by nearly 20 different colleges, not one campus.

so now tell me u want ur college to be like this???

*www.kenyatravelideas.com/images/crossing-close-up.jpg
I am sure VIT looks like this.......:p
Omg U mean to say u really dunno how seats are in NIT??? BAap re Get ur info right There are 15 Nits in the country Each AHving a Capacity of 1.5k Do u r Stupid math..And secondly Bits Total capacity is given its own site go n c
Bit-sat.org
Stop Posting wid half info
and Peeople with 6.5k in iit Wont join IIt Because they look for prospects wer they get their streams.Do u even know that seats are vacant in Iits ?And btw People who join the Top NITS are the top 3k of the country [warangal,surtal,Tiruchi]People Pick Guindy engeneering college,Anna Unniversity Over iit -Madras o u even know that??Psg College Of engeering coimbatore is ranked no1 in country above even iit-madras in machanical engeering ...Bloody get ur facts right man and by the way the link u gave doesnt include BITS goa even DO u mean BITS GOA IS NOT even in top 100????OMG thats cool

And mere chacha ki university hone ki zaroorat nahi its just that u people comment on things without even knowing Let ME just ask u Are u from IIT dude and are you from VIT dude if neither u have no write to comment bad about either or compare for that matter of fact

And in my post i clear stated That im not comparing Nits please read again and do u even know how much does nit does?? 60000 per annum including hostel So what if u have money to blow not every1 can afford a Bits not every1 can afford Vit Nor similarly Abroad for that matter So please think about the general population bfore commenting

k1ller

Dude and i forgot to tell u My fact about top ten Is not void Check June4 ,2007 edition of "IndiaToday" June11,2007 edition "Outlook",June 7 Edition "India-Today" And May [forgot date sorry]"Ecnomic times" I have no idea wen u passed Ur ug but times have changed dude Neways i never ever mentioned
That Vit is better than Nits NO indias top intitues are and will be BIts Nit 7-IIT's IIIT-h and IIIT-a no doubt but u can jsut say vit is **** jsut bcos u feel so..It may not b the best but it surely is among the greates

k1ller

WEll dude Just so that u know the only reason i cant get into Bits is that i messed my chem Boards Paper --being the first paper I Didnt sleep whole night etc etc although my chances for Bits are gone i could look forward to the next best college option i have dont u think??

aritrap

Mobile Addict
Omg U mean to say u really dunno how seats are in NIT??? BAap re Get ur info right There are 15 Nits in the country Each AHving a Capacity of 1.5k Do u r Stupid math..And secondly Bits Total capacity is given its own site go n c
Bit-sat.org

From where did you get that 1.5k number???

In 2007, it was about max 500-600 in each NIT(I saw it in MTG AIEEE Explorer book. They got the number from the prospectus I suppose). How could they expand so fast???

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
Omg U mean to say u really dunno how seats are in NIT??? BAap re Get ur info right There are 15 Nits in the country Each AHving a Capacity of 1.5k Do u r Stupid math..
Oh. i guess the Central Counselling Board forgot the no of NITs they have. *aieee.nic.in/ccb2008/PIsFee.htm

Dude, where are u from?? seriously, ur the one blabbering without any facts. 15 NITs?? u crazy?? check out their site, there are 20 (infact anyone who filled the AIEEE form will know that). 1500 seats per NIT? again more bulls#it. u seriously want to propogate this propaganda, that NITs are this crappy colleges, filled to the brim with students, while VIT is an elite institute affiliated to "Kaurnal:razz::razz: - New York", etc, etc??

People please dont believe this guy. He comes out of nowhere and starts posting absolute baseless stuff. He tells us: "Finally Dont make posts to influence ne1's choices Especially when u could not make it". But its clear, who is doing that.
Please verify what he says before basing ur decision on it.

And secondly Bits Total capacity is given its own site go n c
Bit-sat.org
lolumad??? their website is:*www.bitsadmission.com/index.htm

Stop Posting wid half info
ur the one doing it.:smile: Proved from above.;-)

and Peeople with 6.5k in iit Wont join IIt Because they look for prospects wer they get their streams.Do u even know that seats are vacant in Iits ?
buddy, i got 5.5k in Jee 08. Didnt get IITs, but did get 4yr B.Tech@ISMU. But finally settled for BIT Mesra, for the course. And i know this for fact: that all my fellow rankers (ie 5-7k rankers who left IITs/BHU/ISMU mostly end up in BITS Pilani/top NITs, while about 20 of us in my college).
So u see, they are not all going to join VIT. (as u claim)
Lets take ur example. U claim to have got 221 in IITJEE, that will give u a rank of 4000-4500. While ur rank in VIT, is 1321. So u see, not everyone who writes IITJEE and AIEEE is going to even write VITEEE. So a rank in VITEEE is not indicative and CANNOT be taken as a ALL INDIA RANK which can be compared with the results/ranks of IITJEE.
Hence my statement: "most of ppl who end up in VIT, have AIEEE ranks below 15k, even upto 30k."

Do u even know that seats are vacant in Iits ?
naa i didnt. Thanks for the groundbreaking fact.

And btw People who join the Top NITS are the top 3k of the country [warangal,surtal,Tiruchi]
more crap from you.:-x:-x:-x people with ranks well into 10-15k used to get in top NITs (till the state quota rule existed). Now its more like 6-8k (after 2nd/3rd counselling)
In fact the top 500 rankers in AIEEE, dont even bother to attend counselling.

People Pick Guindy engeneering college,Anna Unniversity Over iit -Madras o u even know that??Psg College Of engeering coimbatore is ranked no1 in country above even iit-madras in machanical engeering ...Bloody get ur facts right man
yeah so?? There are many more examples. (eg, UDCT, Mumbai is better for Chemical than even IITB).
All i said was:"vit comes way down on peoples list of colleges.". Which u too are proving now.

and by the way the link u gave doesnt include BITS goa even DO u mean BITS GOA IS NOT even in top 100????OMG thats cool
most rankings dont include, BITS Goa, for one simple reason: No batch has passed out yet! So where do they go for placement statistics??:razz:

And mere chacha ki university hone ki zaroorat nahi its just that u people comment on things without even knowing Let ME just ask u Are u from IIT dude and are you from VIT dude if neither u have no write to comment bad about either or compare for that matter of fact
i dont need to be in VIT, to know the ranks of people joining there. Simple. And thats all i spoke about. I never commented upon anything else. And as you know students make the college, so i can get a fairly accurate image of VIT when compared to NITs/BITS, etc.

And in my post i clear stated That im not comparing Nits
where?? can u point me to it. All i can find is:
Moving Onto Academics,
The College has about 1200 seats in total per year opposed to the [900seats in pilani+2400 in Goa+3675 in hyderbad]6975 seats in Total In Bits not considering Dubai that is and it is much better than the 27k seats in NIts and extra 9k seats in affiliated colleges.
Can stop bulls#itting us??:-x:-x:-x

please read again and do u even know how much does nit does?? 60000 per annum including hostel
well and for ur info, reservation students also get scholarship. :smile: (in addition to the low fees)

So what if u have money to blow not every1 can afford a Bits not every1 can afford Vit Nor similarly Abroad for that matter So please think about the general population bfore commenting
WTFBBQ???
*nastyhobbit.org/forum/cats/omg-wtf-bbq.jpg
where did i say anything about me having money to "blow"?:?::?: I said even if someone has money to "blow" on colleges like VIT, they wont, if they're getting admission to the top NITs/BITS, etc.
BTW - im in BIT, Mesra NOT BITS. BIT Mesra has fees of about 70k per annum, which is comparable to NITs(50-60k) and even BITS (65k, they increase every year linearly). Its no way near the 2-2.5 lacs/pa VIT, etc demand.

Also ranking wise, BIT, Mesra is at par with the top NITs. Also it does get a lot of govt grants etc. So its almost like a NIT.

So my point is: u get good accomodation even in "cheaper" colleges, and its not exclusive to expensive private colleges like VIT.

Last edited:
What surprised me is the fact that RV Collage of Engineering, Bangalore surpasses Vellore Institute of Technology in these rankings: *www.successcds.net/engineeringentranceexam/Top-100-Engineering-Colleges.php

And as for Vellore, I am being offered a management seat for 3 lakhs per annum for a B.Tech in IT. Still not sure if I am taking it.

As for that link, from what I heard from other students @vellore, many of those rules are quite light in nature but it still comes nowhere close to the NITs or the BITs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom