VistaVG: A New Visual Style for XP Released by Me !

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
vishal ne way of incorporating ur theme along with the semi transparent title bars and also where are the common tasks placed in ur theme are the at the left (xp default) or on top .... brico packs vista style????

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Sorry for the late answer coz I was not online since 2 days ;)

1.) Transparent titlebars are only possible in WindowBlinds skins, its not possible in msstyles! :(

2.) The common tasks are at left side in my theme! :)

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
hi Vishal (Mr. Vista) :D, i have a very unsual problem, which has surfaced just yesterday.

My problem=> i'm not able to select any theme EXCEPT default Windows Classic & XP. even if i double click on your theme "windows visual style" icon located here="C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes\VistaVG" the "Display Properties" window pops up & shows only "Royal XP Noir" theme & the default themes. no other theme is accessible.

i've been using your Theme (VistaVG),another one (Vista Z4), XP Noir for very long time now.

recently i unistalled "Object Dock Icon packager/Installer" (expired trial s/w), which also Un-Installed some Icon (third party) ,which is common.
but those icons are not uninstalled in other "User Account" & all the Themes work fine in that Account. (both accounts are "Administrator acc.)

P.S. i installed Object dock in C: Drive, but its not there(as a result of un-installation, so how are all those icons still working.

i ran the Tune Up Utilities 2007 "1-Click Maintanence" & CCleaner in that account & its clean now. but still all those icons & theme work in that acc.

manas

Wandering in the zone ...
Can I try to answer that ?

First, it looks like you will have to patch your uxtheme.dll file again. Download the Uxtheme patcher and run it.

Secondly, goto the user account and delete the Icon Cache. You can do this using TweakUI --- Repair ---- Rebuild Icons

Download Uxtheme patcher

Download Tweak UI

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Thanks for your suggestions @manas.

but i did not install "uxtheme.dll", coz when i tried it, it showed me this \/\/ message & Exited.
*img459.imageshack.us/img459/7936/untitledag9.th.jpg

btw i tried the "Icon Repair" from the TuneUp Utilities 2007, but nothing changed.(after taking these actions i posted here for help).
but i hadent Deleted the "IconCache.dll" located here
==>C:\Documents and Settings\BMW M3 GTR\Local Settings\Application Data" (the file located here has to be deleted. right? or is it some other one.)

there are two files, one-> "IconCache.dll" & "IconCache.db_313" @ that location. i deleted both.
------------------
Update
------------------
I did as you said, deleting the icon...file & repairing Icons using Tweak UI, but No Change. :(

do i have to "register" any dll file??? :confused:

Last edited:
OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
OK! I hv come :D

Buddy, the error u r getting bcoz of u hv stored the Setup files in "C:\Windows" folder, isnt it?
There must be I386 folder under "C:\Windows" folder. Just rename the folder and run the patch again ;)

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
but i did not use this patcher @ first place, i've been using your themes without this.
is IconPackager behind this.

anyways, i've renamed those folders (i386 in Windows & C: drive).
i've patched & now about to restart the PC.

know what. as you've Guessed. IT WORKED. :D

thanks guys for Helpin me out. *smilies.sofrayt.com/fdm/bow.gif

btw are those folders neccessary (i386), b'coz as you mentioned that i've stored Setup files in WINDOWS folder, it seems to me its not needed.

its been there from the beggining, i guess the OEM XP (in my case HP Pavilion) store them there as default. *smilies.sofrayt.com/1/950/upset.gif

Last edited:
OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
I'm glad my trick worked :D
afaik, u can safely delete the folder bcoz this folder contains Setup files ;)
Try to move the folder to Recycle Bin, if it doesnt give ne error, then u can safely delete it :)

rajivrocks

Broken In
even i faced the same problem while installing the theme but now i have successfully installed it:p

my problem is that the top right corner is split up.. i mean the close button n all tht are not together:(...plz see the attachment

*img132.imageshack.us/img132/2051/untitleddy2.jpg

shankar_ganesh

Journeyman
THIS IS MY SCREENSHOT WITH 'FIREFOX' AND 'MY COMPUTER' OPEN:
*i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/shankarganesh/vistavg.jpgthat was good, vishal.

the title of the active window, sometimes, when maximised is not that much catchy. it's tough to read. can you rectify it, vishal?

Last edited:

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
rajivrocks said:
even i faced the same problem while installing the theme but now i have successfully installed it:p

my problem is that the top right corner is split up.. i mean the close button n all tht are not together:(...plz see the attachment

*img132.imageshack.us/img132/2051/untitleddy2.jpg

:twisted: WHICH SOFTWARE UR USING TO TAKE THIS SCREEN SHOT CAN U TELL ME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom