VistaVG: A New Visual Style for XP Released by Me !

Status
Not open for further replies.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Superb Theme you've made Vishal G. & very small in size too (for downloading).

But i have only one problem, for which you've already given a remedy-- its the text/icon cut-off in start menu.

Isnt there any other way to solve this, because when i turn ON "Large Icons", My desktop becomes kinda TINY (with those large Icons).

take a look your self

:arrow: Default Settings
*img133.imageshack.us/img133/511/mydesktopvk6.th.jpg

:arrow: With Large icons.
*img83.imageshack.us/img83/4330/mydesktoplargeiconscj1.th.jpg

By the way Thanks Again for Your Visual Theme Mr. Vista.
Your theme really livens up my Desktop with this Lamborghini Gallardo

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Actually I created that VS for x48 icon size coz in VISTA Desktop Icons are shown in BIG size by default and I kinda liked them :)

May be I'll create another version for small icons in future ;)

thnx for ur appreciations :D

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
vishal i hv installed bricopacks' visat inspiration .... and if i install ur theme wat changes will occur can they co-exist .... as i see from ur screenshot the disk capacity is shown under the drive which i currently dont hav and that is the feature that i really want .... besides also the icons

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
thnx guys for ur comments :)

@mAV3

All such packs just install a visual style in %windir%\Resources\Themes folder along with other stuffs, so u can safely copy my VS to that folder and apply it. All other changes will remain unchanged and u can use my VS ;)

And regarding to the status bar for drives, actually I got that utility many months before from a site (can't remember the name :confused: ), but for u I hv uploaded the file here. So just d/l the file, extract it and then run the EXE file and voilla, u can see the status bar :D Actually this utility contains some icons and it detects the size of the drive and then sets appropriate icon for it in the registry! :)

OK!

I think u guys will like it: :D

VistaVG v2.0

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
thanx vishal .... and wat my question was reffering to was that vista inspirant allows me to hav the common tasks on top and also hav the vista styled icon bar on the top of the screen (like u hv in ur screen shot) ..... will all that remain same and only the icons and colors will change and the common tasks will be displayed as they are and the vista styled icon bar will remain as it is???

and yeah the status bar rox .... thanx ..... however ... i found that there is a bug ..... when u browse for selection and u get a dropdown menu the icons are not displayed

here's a screenshot ....

*img179.imageshack.us/img179/9020/untitledym7.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Ur dock will remain unchanged but Common tasks will be changed to left!

But if u want to show them at Top as they r showing currently in the vista inspirant pack, then just copy the Shellstyle.dll file, which u'll find in "Shell folder of ur current theme and paste it in my VistaVG's Shell -> NormalColor folder!

Regarding to ur mentioned BUG, its not a BUG in theme, actually the theme has nothing to do with those icons :) And its working perfectly here in my comp ;)

I think u hv to reset Icon Cache and they will be there again :)

Its cooooooooooooooll but when i open d start menu (i have XP) the links such as my computer,my docs are partially hidden is there any way i can fix this?
the visual style however is xcellent

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
@thewisecrab, you should read the "NOTE" in the download site.
you have to change the icon size.

& if you dont prefer large icons, then download the "Version 2" from the same site. the link's under "Update"

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
thnx :)

@ax3

To change the progress bar, open my msstyles file in Resource Hacker and replace following BITMAPs with ur desired ones: ;)

VISTA_PROGRESSCHUNKVERT_BMP
VISTA_PROGRESSCHUNK_BMP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom