Vista parllel with Ubuntu, need help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

INS-ANI

In the zone
Hi guys,
My frnd has got a new sony viao CR23. We wish to install Ubuntu in parallel with vista HP...
i need ur advice abt after-circumstances. I dont wish my AV-mode settings to be disturbed, and another problem is finding drivers for the lappy.
I need advice.
Thanks

F

FilledVoid

ALso you might want to check if your installation of UBuntu voids the warranty of your laptop . Although I find the above Rumor preposterous I wouldn't want you to chance it if it does vopid your warranty.

legolas

Padawan
What do you mean by void of warranty on installation of OS? Is there any specific regulations in this regard? Damn it! :( I deleted the rescue partition the moment I got the laptop, installed Vista and ubuntu myself!! Does anyone else know about this?

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
What do you mean by void of warranty on installation of OS? Is there any specific regulations in this regard? Damn it! :( I deleted the rescue partition the moment I got the laptop, installed Vista and ubuntu myself!! Does anyone else know about this?

dude this is BS,how can installing an OS void your warranty?

F

FilledVoid

I never said that it does . I said to check if it will. Indian manufacturers have a way of fubarring your chances of using another OS than the ones they support because their Support can't handle it. Don't believe me? I believe someone posted the same in the OSS section somewhere. I'm on limited bandwidth if you can't find it let me know and Ill find it and post it here :. But as I said I wouldn't be amazed if they didn't support it in the first place. If you're tech savvy this shouldn't be an issue unless you run into a hardware problem and you need a replacement.

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Even i have Ubuntu and Vista dual booting on my desktop. It is very easy. Just keep some part of your harddisk unalloted, and ubuntu will automatically create 2 partitions and install from that unalloted space. Those partitions wont be visible in Vista. There wont be any complications or problems, dont worry.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Even i have Ubuntu and Vista dual booting on my desktop. It is very easy. Just keep some part of your harddisk unalloted, and ubuntu will automatically create 2 partitions and install from that unalloted space. Those partitions wont be visible in Vista. There wont be any complications or problems, dont worry.
but that portion can be made available in vista too,
*www.fs-driver.org/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom