Vista is still the most secure OS to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
praka123 said:
thx for the post @vaithi.i am again saying what is happening in Western countries can happen in India too,albeit it will take may be some time.

Then we will talk when it comes here. Till then plz don't sing your tune.

What i am saying is that with Vista available in India too as anywhere else,it shows the reach of this lobby of business tykoons and DRM and other restrictive technologies are hindering user freedom which most of you dont mind unless otherwise questioned.

Like Aditiya said, no one will ever buy DRM content, but with Vista we have a choice that if we get DRM content we can still play it which you cannot do in Linux without hacking & pirating.

Why does there is this US vs Microsoft for anti-competent business practises? *usvms.gpo.gov/
as for business FUDs,M$ "gets the facts" campaign too can be taken.
believe it or not microsoft has got a bunch of "bullyies" in the US law making bodies and M$ does push their stance to be laws

Ya, we believe u blindly. We follow you, all hail prakash :D. What an insane comment. :D

M$ did have this tactics of buying its rival companies or destroy rivals buy FUDing.

Also known as merger to cut developement costs & share the resources.

just let them aware of piracy.restrictions must end there.let the brain-pool be used to resolve piracy.

How? If you have some ideas or method, plz let the bollywood, RIAA, MPAA & other goverment bodies know. They will really appriciate it.

3.How can you believe something closed source?you been taking things for granted.there is sure M$ spywares even in Vista as it is present in earlier versions of Windows that i strongly believe.

U r sure? Show us the proof? Your TV is closed source, your phone is closed source, your car is closed source, stop using all of those & develop your own. You will make a Praksh Pokia 1100 in 5 years easily :D

If you insist,why do you have viruses,malwares and what not in windows platform,dont you think that it is M$' s weak OS system which is responsible for this rather than relying on 3rd party tools(read AV).
Microsoft Blocks Vista Rootkit Exploit
M$ WGA is another candidate.

Every software has bugs in it. The reason Windows has Virus because of its market share. MS learned things with Windows XP SP2 & following that, today there is no virus out there which affects Vista.

DRM is a rootkit,which works inside ur OS as a region.it means that it can contain anything which M$ or crackers can implant that normal AV or RKhunters cant detect.is a reality.

Like I said, plz go & tell the software companies & music companies on how to reduce piracy without DRM. They will galdly hear u.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
sukhdeepsinghkohli said:
Thanks praka123 for enlightening me on that :)

But thinking of privacy, wont that make Google a culprit aswell. They can easily know more about you if they want to - i guess

Google - What kind of information u search for and what interests you
Orkut - Who your friends are, what your social cirls consists.
Gtalk - Who you talk to,
Gmail - What kinda of mail you get, from whom, when, how much
Youtube - What kinda of videos you watch. We know what guys watch but what the heck......:D
Blogger - No explaination needed i guess here
Desktop Search and tons more.....

I still need answer to this, praka ? :)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^ sorry u wont get it coz drm drm drm drm drm :D useke aage piche kuch nahi baas drm drm drm

din

Tribal Boy
Now, please, please stop posting any replies to this thread.

And mods, I beg you to lock this thread.

Thank you.

praka123

left this forum longback
^yeah me too read that!
@sukhdeepsinghkohli:
Do you want to make companions for M$?do u want google too ?As of yet i dont find any DRM google got.and google is not definitely in the league of M$ as an untrusting company.does google got WGA?
As of yet i feel Google cannot be next M$.atleast they are not a hard-corer against OSS like M$(becoz of fear of lossing OS market atleast some portion)

The other one
praka123 said:
As of yet i feel Google cannot be next M$.atleast they are not a hard-corer against OSS like M$ (becoz of fear of lossing OS market atleast some portion)

haha

Why wont be some company 'against' its rival , 'rival' does not sound like a friendly word. And google is not in OS compitition yet, even if it comes it will be some kinda new distro like the existing many. So yeah i don't see google going against oss the hardcore way. And what do you expect MS to do ? go on a date with its rival? Everyone wants its compitition to weaken because compitition steals business . But in the end its for customers to choose what they want, no company can force me to buy their product.
And you believe google more than MS? i bet google has resources to get more information on you or me than any other organization in the world. So just stop chanting DRM in every post.

You believe in OSS yet your mind is closed, have a open mind and realise how things in the world work for everyone else those who dont share your beliefs. And if you cant , then well... hate your own mind for being closed, because you think closed is evil....... what can i do!! :D

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
OMG....Microsoft people came to Prakash's room & tormented him & vandalised his room, & told him to use Windows on gunpoint :D, my sympathy with u.

din is right, now more posting in this thread. Prakash is a person with no rational thinking ability.

sakumar79

Technomancer
1. On the one hand, you are saying MS can do anything and US will change its laws. While trying to back up your statement, you are bringing up MS Anti-Trust Laws. Dont you see that you are providing the proof that you are wrong? I am not saying that what MS does is completely ethical. When it comes to ethics, you have to differentiate between business ethics and moral ethics... Many things MS does will probably not pass under moral ethics... And if the consumer/government/injured party thinks that they are doing somethings that are unethical in business means, then they can sue MS, as there have been many instances. But just because they have been sued doesnt make them unethical. In the US, flinging lawsuits has become almost a joke and a pastime. MS comes into the limelight a lot because it is a large company and many people will look to make a quick buck by sueing the company. You cant justify they are unethical simply because they are sued a lot.
2 & 3. If you are against the implementation of DRM in any form, then I cant help you. Obviously, you are all for open source and you look at anything that is closed source with a suspicious eye. I would call it being paranoid, but you may call it playing safe. In the same sense, as others have pointed it out, you should not use a lot of other technology, such as credit cards, internet banking, cellphones, etc because they use closed source technology and have the ability to pass on your browsing habits, etc when you use them.

Regarding DRM, are you not aware that there is a copyright statement on the cassettes that you purchase regarding making copies and broadcasting in public? When I was in my college years, I saw a lot of piracy going on around me. Heck, I was part of the problem too. Later in my life, as I started to work, and began to mature, I realised what I did was wrong, and cleared out pretty much what I pirated... Either purchase the CDs for the songs I pirated or atleast remove them from my computers... Unfortunately, not everyone matures. And in developping countries like India, piracy is rampant. If you tell a person "piracy is wrong, buy the original", which costs a much larger sum than the pirated version, the person will say "Go to hell" and purchase the pirated version only. So, what is wrong with the music/movie industry to look after their own interests in reducing piracy? If you think all users have the moral ethics to make the right choice, you are living in a utopian world. Giving the users freedom to choose between pirated free music and legal paid music is laughable in the current world scenario. You are only looking at it from the end-user's point of view and not from the creator's point of view... The creator has to have the authority to dictate how his/her product is to be distributed. And if they try to misuse the authority, the government has the right to intervene. But saying that they shouldnt be given the authority at all is wrong.

And if you think DRM is the only way MS can incorporate track-and-inform methods, you are dreaming. There are many technologies that exist from Win 9x days that can be used to track your info. If you dont trust them, dont use it...

Arun

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^^ if 1 can accuse a praiser saying he is praising coz he is employed by some 1 then with the same logic why should 1 listen to some 1 who is a competitor .... he will bash coz he is a competitor and actually hates the other person

vaithy

In the zone
Hello,
Hmmm, again starting the fight, so be it...

Dear sukhdeepsinghkohli, Google and other ISP collect the information of the users, they them selves admit it when the services signed but at the same time your privacy is protected with google services.. remember how they stand up against the HOme land Security guys ( one version is they should have provided the users DATA to the GOVT) If they do next minute you may expect some visit from the local consular office goons at your door step(on a mistaken identity) with DRM embebed in your system with or without your permission, you'll be sitting duck to the Redmond's target practice.. It is not you , but they will control what sort of software to be installed and what sort of hardwares to be configured...Once they do you don't have freedom of selecting best hardware ( what best you think need not be best for Redmond)
Since you already know I am not telling that you should not use DRM enabled services, It is your choice so I leave you there..
@ praka123 pl. don't try to continue the subject, there is no need to alarm that M$ is trying to crush FOSS with their money power.. FOSS is not a single organisation neither it depend the survival by the likes of RMS or Linux Torwald.. it is much more biggest and better organised now...More governments in the south Americans states and Africans states are drawing to its magnetism.. M$ only trump card is US patents portfolio ( as told by M$ representative) But their Law is totally variance with Indian Patents and European .. where in many of the countries software is not coming under patent only copyrights can be claimed, only in USA they claimed Software Patents. There fore there is no need to panicky, as India is still maintaining its sovereignty and not coming under USA like Iraq, Open source and Free software Movement is still in a strong wicket..
Youth like you can be immense service to the FOSS, if you maintain the following ethics.
Never attack the opponents directly. state your views without attacking them. Ofcourse, if you are provoked sensible thing is to ignore it but concentrates on your point... you may make more friends even with a divergence audience..
Help the needy newbie in the opensource section, about the installation and other related problems in Linux. Remember.. out of 60 peoples online only six peoples are regularly posting, and if you believe they are against you, simply concentrates on the other 55 peoples who may not post but get the points very quickly..If they believe you are personally attacking , they may get the negative views about your views..

Thanking you all,
with regards,
Vaithy

mediator

Technomancer
iMav said:
^^ if 1 can accuse a praiser saying he is praising coz he is employed by some 1 then with the same logic why should 1 listen to some 1 who is a competitor .... he will bash coz he is a competitor and actually hates the other person
Korrect! U shud spread this word of urs to the masses, write blogs about MS's FUDs!!

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Nah, we don't like to spread FUD like MS or Linux does. We just write our own experience.

And blog is not just for technological things, it is also for personal life writings.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
vaithy said:
Hello,
Hmmm, again starting the fight, so be it...

Dear sukhdeepsinghkohli, Google and other ISP collect the information of the users, they them selves admit it when the services signed but at the same time your privacy is protected with google services.. remember how they stand up against the HOme land Security guys ( one version is they should have provided the users DATA to the GOVT) If they do next minute you may expect some visit from the local consular office goons at your door step(on a mistaken identity) with DRM embebed in your system with or without your permission, you'll be sitting duck to the Redmond's target practice.. It is not you , but they will control what sort of software to be installed and what sort of hardwares to be configured...Once they do you don't have freedom of selecting best hardware ( what best you think need not be best for Redmond)
Since you already know I am not telling that you should not use DRM enabled services, It is your choice so I leave you there..
@ praka123 pl. don't try to continue the subject, there is no need to alarm that M$ is trying to crush FOSS with their money power.. FOSS is not a single organisation neither it depend the survival by the likes of RMS or Linux Torwald.. it is much more biggest and better organised now...More governments in the south Americans states and Africans states are drawing to its magnetism.. M$ only trump card is US patents portfolio ( as told by M$ representative) But their Law is totally variance with Indian Patents and European .. where in many of the countries software is not coming under patent only copyrights can be claimed, only in USA they claimed Software Patents. There fore there is no need to panicky, as India is still maintaining its sovereignty and not coming under USA like Iraq, Open source and Free software Movement is still in a strong wicket..
Youth like you can be immense service to the FOSS, if you maintain the following ethics.
Never attack the opponents directly. state your views without attacking them. Ofcourse, if you are provoked sensible thing is to ignore it but concentrates on your point... you may make more friends even with a divergence audience..
Help the needy newbie in the opensource section, about the installation and other related problems in Linux. Remember.. out of 60 peoples online only six peoples are regularly posting, and if you believe they are against you, simply concentrates on the other 55 peoples who may not post but get the points very quickly..If they believe you are personally attacking , they may get the negative views about your views..

Thanking you all,
with regards,
Vaithy
is it very hard for u people to understand that AMD (they make procesors ... which are the heart of computers - i was taught this in school) along with ati are working to come out with drm at chip level where does MS come in picture here ... all corporates are in this together ... MS, AMD every1 ... apple will have to follow suit and so will intel ... so stop bashing MS for drm ... just coz they looked at the future and doing so in vista they already provided the ability to play drm content u r bashing them .... rational understanding any1

din

Tribal Boy
WOW

This is really nice. "Friendly" fight again. Please continue :)

Still just a humble request to all experts / geeks / macboys / win boys/ lin boys and all technical gurus posting here.

Would you please change the topic title to any of these ?

1. DRM, come, lets fight regarding DRM here

2. Yash Raj Movies and DRM, your comments

3. Discuss everything except Windows Vista Security

4. Digital Millenium Copyright act, Privacy and Piracy

Special Request : Anyway to connect the Rajanikanth movie 'Shivaji' to DRM ? Please, someone give a try. Everyone will be more interested and we can make this thread a record, a lot of people will post again, in between the present fight can continue too. Good suggestion rt ? :)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
din the thread has a flow and its going where members are taking it ... how about posting something that is related to what ever is being discussed ;) as it is there is a lot of info within the thread itself regards to drm, vista's security, linux's security and also current technologies that bollywood is looking at ....

the thread has a lot of info in it ;)

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
praka123 said:
^yeah me too read that!
@sukhdeepsinghkohli:
Do you want to make companions for M$?do u want google too ?As of yet i dont find any DRM google got.and google is not definitely in the league of M$ as an untrusting company.does google got WGA?
As of yet i feel Google cannot be next M$.atleast they are not a hard-corer against OSS like M$(becoz of fear of lossing OS market atleast some portion)
Microsoft has a strong Desktop Presence on the other hand Google has a strong Web Presence. What goes behind the scene at Google nobody knows...right ?

Pay 100 Blogger money to start writing about Google and Privacy and i am 110% sure it will change the mind set of millions

For WGA - you mean Windows Geniune Advantage validation - whats wrong with company trying to protect their software with advanced ways to stop piracy ?

Not trusting something closed source - Man! World runs on trust. Having a suspicious eye at evrything is like....those vamps in Sas-bahu sagas

din

Tribal Boy
@iMav

I think you are right. May be I am too old :(

As I always I say, long back, when some one post a topic in a forum, all replied with something related to that.

And now, as per your comment, the thread goes to wherever the members are taking it. No complaints, let it go. May be 'forums', 'topics', 'posts' etc has been changed a lot recently.

Now, you see it discuss

"drm, vista's security, linux's security and also current technologies that bollywood is looking at"

And of course - Yash Raj, Karan Johar etc

Only question is, people may not know we are discussing such topics inside this thread, so people who are interested in knowing DRM or Yash Raj / Karan Johar movies may not read this.

That is the reason I mentioned it will be really nice we change the topic title, we can make it very genral. Like

"Vista Security, DRM, Linux Security, Yash Raj Movies, FUD etc - Discuss here"

So that covers all and more people will sure go through this thread and contribute more.

Not joking, seriously :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom