Visit Beauty of the Web: IE9 Beta Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr_jimit

Journeyman
Windows Internet Explorer 9

Web browsing is the No. 1 thing people do on their Windows-based PC, and as such, they increasingly expect the same experience they associate with their PC applications from their favorite Web-based e-mail service, photo site or social network site. This kind of immersive experience does not occur on the Web today, and using a browser is often associated with limited performance and interactivity. Microsoft developed Windows Internet Explorer 9 to help change this.

Source : Windows Internet Explorer

Download : Beauty of the Web

Review : Internet Explorer 9 Beta review -- Engadget

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
IE9 will run only on Vista SP2 and Win 7 so there's no chance for testing it in win xp unless someone comes up with some kind of hacks

and this is really very funny to read :

Web browsing is the No. 1 thing people do on their Windows-based PC

I think gaming is the No.1 thing people do on their windows based PC and for browsing many people now use linux.

@ dr_jimit - thanks for sharing the news.

pauldmps

Banned
I just went through the "What's new in IE 9" page in Microsoft's Website.

Looks they've heavily copied features from Google Chrome.

chooza

Journeyman
blazing fast web browser.downloaded and opened 15 tabs and work simultaniously,no lagging.Congrats MS

chooza

Journeyman
Downloaded and opened 15 tabs and worked simulataneously.Blazing fast browser.No Crome or FF. They are useless now and found their place in garbage bin.Congrats MS

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
too bad it is not released for XP though most of the PC users use XP anyway :

Usage share of operating systems - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BTW, I'm waiting for some security holes to be discovered in IE9 and I'm sure opera and ( FF, chrome ) will release a far more better version than IE9 anyway.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Downloaded and opened 15 tabs and worked simulataneously.Blazing fast browser.No Crome or FF. They are useless now and found their place in garbage bin.Congrats MS
:lol:
*pawsru.org/flash/src/flash3281_failed-troll-is-fail.jpg

*static.myce.com/images_posts/2010/09/IE9-Beta.jpg
So have they combined tabs and the address bar in one toolbar and then went on to waste space with the title bar? LOL

Last edited:

chooza

Journeyman
:lol:
*pawsru.org/flash/src/flash3281_failed-troll-is-fail.jpg

*static.myce.com/images_posts/2010/09/IE9-Beta.jpg
So have they combined tabs and the address bar in one toolbar and then went on to waste space with the title bar? LOL
Expected from you guys.Always ready with word FAIL for any MS product and jump over Google or FF as they are paying you to promote them. Be Mature brother. :)

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Expected from you guys.Always ready with word FAIL for any MS product and jump over Google or FF as they are paying you to promote them. Be Mature brother. :)

So who's acting immature here?
As for Chrome and Firefox, both are great browsers and more than anything else are Free and Open Source software, and most importantly run on the platform I use. IE9 doesn't even run on the most used WINDOWS. And dude, that is EPIC FAIL :rolleyes:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Internet Explorer can't compare with the speed of Opera and Chrome. Nor it can compare with the extensions of Mozilla Firefox. Lastly, it has no WebM which Opera has and I prefer YouTube HTML5 over Flash.

jayantr7

In the zone
Copied from all other major browser....Ever India's browsers are better.But I'll test it though..

Even if a begger will get $100000,his mind will still remain a beggar like....so in way too,IE is still IE..Even if IE becomes better,just few will use it because GC anf FF and Safari and Opera are there......No matter it's IE 9 or 99 :p///

But really @ IE and Beauty of the Web in the same line
__________________ :p....is not possible...IE and the ugly of web is better..

chooza

Journeyman
So who's acting immature here?
As for Chrome and Firefox, both are great browsers and more than anything else are Free and Open Source software, and most importantly run on the platform I use. IE9 doesn't even run on the most used WINDOWS. And dude, that is EPIC FAIL :rolleyes:
Free & Open source!!!. What you are paying for using IE and what the hell you get benefit from being open source? MS is a company which know what the people are going to use(An average user), the product they make, become standard.Yes in browser, they were not as active as other but FF,Google and opera do not make Desktop,Server,Office,Database products which MS do, They just make browser.thats why they just keep on realeasing new versions, which MS cant do.MS core product is not browser which is bread and butter of others.As far as most used, windows XP is moving out of machines very quickly and replacing by Win 7 so you no need to worry, MS knows it better. :)For FF one has to use extensions, Crome collect data and I also user Opera, just use FB on that and many features of FB do not work on Opera. Problem is with you guys, if MS do not have any feature, that others have, you start shouting with slogan"MISSED FEATURE" as without that feature, one cant do any work on web and if they include, you start Shouting "COPIED". You are not new, their were many who passed their whole life shouting against Microsoft and RIP. So start doing the work instead of useless comments.

Copied from all other major browser....Ever India's browsers are better.But I'll test it though..

Even if a begger will get $100000,his mind will still remain a beggar like....so in way too,IE is still IE..Even if IE becomes better,just few will use it because GC anf FF and Safari and Opera are there......No matter it's IE 9 or 99 :p///

But really @ IE and Beauty of the Web in the same line
__________________ :p....is not possible...IE and the ugly of web is better..
Are you talking about Ms for being begger, dont you know that 80% of its employees are Indians.If IE is IE then what revolutin FF or GC brought in WWW?Kid mind as ur photo :)

Last edited:

joey_182

Jack Sparrow
I dont know about you guys, how do you test web browser...
But as a Software developer, We do five stage testing.
And I have to say after testing IE9 beta ...hats off....

well let me elaborate my testing with you all..
Firstl try to create same testing condition for what ever browser you are going to test.
Keep the stop watch, timer with you, some developing tools with you, like IE developer tools provided with IE9 beta this time or you can download from softpedia.

NOw note down what are you going to test.
Like Youtube open faster in which browser or which has more Calc. Engine or Which provide you smooth and fast browsing speed.

I test all of them , and found that Yes IE 9 beta does sound promising, and looks like it has an edge over OPera (Latest version) FIreFox(LatestVersion).

Ok for all of you just try this link and test it on different browser. You'll agree with my statements for sure..

HTML5 Speed Reading

I get 21 seconds on IE 9 beta and felt like never finsih with opera or firefox,
both above 110 seconds and chrome near 60 seonds..

or open website like RedBull <- awesome website

Note:- I am not fan of any of the browser or my above statement have nothing to do with Microsoft promotion, which most of you just quote by saying "MS or opera fanboy".

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Free & Open source!!!. What you are paying for using IE
Paying through Windows 7 license. IE is NOT Freeware. IE can't be freely + legally used if you don't own a Windows license, check the facts lad, and it can't run in Linux and Mac OS X (even if you use WINE, you are legally expected to own a Windows license)
and what the hell you get benefit from being open source?
Software which is free with no strings attached? Freedom not being compromised? And that's only the start. er I know elaborating won't help here though...
MS is a company which know what the people are going to use(An average user), the product they make, become standard.
MS is a company, and make software for profit, nuff said. They have attained standards through their unethical policies which have gained them monopoly. Do check out the Anti Trust cases filed against MS.
Yes in browser, they were not as active as other but FF,Google and opera do not make Desktop,Server,Office,Database products which MS do, They just make browser.thats why they just keep on realeasing new versions, which MS cant do.
:lol: What is that even supposed to mean? IE6 was released in 2002, IE7 in 2007. It took MS 5 years to give tabbed browsers. It's not being not as active, it's called just holding back the web. And Why should I even care if Microsoft makes "desktop"(Operating System) while Mozilla, Google, and Opera don't?
MS core product is not browser which is bread and butter of others
So what? Mozilla, Opera, and Google give me better browsers which run natively on the platform I use. Why should I care which product is MS's core and which is NOT?
As far as most used, windows XP is moving out of machines very quickly and replacing by Win 7 so you no need to worry, MS knows it better.
If you are so keen to blindly follow MS :lol: best of luck :lol:
For FF one has to use extensions
Firefox without extensions is better than IE
Crome collect data
FYI that can be disabled, and there's Iron and Chromium (which are basically Chrome minus Google) to look into if it bothers you too much.
and I also user Opera, just use FB on that and many features of FB do not work on Opera.
Care to elaborate?
Problem is with you guys, if MS do not have any feature, that others have, you start shouting with slogan"MISSED FEATURE" as without that feature, one cant do any work on web and if they include, you start Shouting "COPIED".
Fact is that Microsoft has copied from Chrome. Accept it and done it a poor manner
You are not new, their were many who passed their whole life shouting against Microsoft and RIP. So start doing the work instead of useless comments
Actually you should look back at yourself and realize why you drew me to post that troll image in the first place. You are an MS fanboi who is actually so biased that he bashes Firefox and Chrome calling them to be "garbage" without anything to back his statement and then goes into his shell and claims to be victim and others to be shouting. Hilarious indeed.
You are not new, may have passed their whole life with MS fanboism and RIP. So start doing the work instead of useless comments. :lol:

Are you talking about Ms for being begger, dont you know that 80% of its employees are Indians.If IE is IE then what revolutin FF or GC brought in WWW?Kid mind as ur photo
:lol: You are funny. :D

P.S.: Learn to spell C-H-R-O-M-E.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom