Virus activity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyes Only

Right off the assembly line
How does one spot malicious activity or viruses on your pc? I recently attached a flash drive to my pc and came across the weirdest thing, a folder disguised as a exe file. Obviously when executing the folder you execute the exe file. I found out that it was in actual fact malware (W32.Mabezat.B, W32.Mabezat.B!inf) if you wanna know the specifics.
Do people just have to vigilant or is there a better way to spot these types of malware and viruses?

OP
Eyes Only

Eyes Only

LOkl well not exactly it will be more funny to tell you what I do for a living......:))
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
So what you saying you can spot a virus a mile off? coz I have dealth with numerous encounters this is just to find out a better way to spot them......

Last edited:

curious guy

Broken In
ok don't take seriously what i said before use

use good antivirus,firewall and spyware keep them updated and scan your system regularly it will be fine

or change to linux so you dont have to waste your time and money fighting against viruses and defragmenting the drive

mrintech

Technomancer
You can use Paid Version of the following softwares to keep the threats miles of ( paid version includes Automatic Protection while Free version only includes On Demand Scanner):

* *www.superantispyware.com/download.html
* *www.emsisoft.com/en/software/free/

Also Go for Threatfire: *www.threatfire.com/download/ , it is somewhat good software.

Make Automatic Protection of Anti-Softwares always ON.

For more You can always try Online Scanning. Here's the list of best Online Scanners: *mrintech.com/5-best-online-virus-scanners-you-can-use ;)

OP
Eyes Only

Eyes Only

ya I get what you saying but moving to linux will be so tedious and I love my windows, the funny thing is I'm running norton symantec and it was detected and eventually quarintined but what i need to know is would you be able to spot it without the help of anti virus? Cause i can but only the obvious ones like (jeefo, and RAvmon.exe).....

curious guy

Broken In
if you are good with computers like you can protect for yourself or else you have to go for antivirus IMO firewall is must
each virus or trojan works a specific way there are documents available for most of the viruses on the net you can learn their behaviour there :)

mrintech

Technomancer
ya I get what you saying but moving to linux will be so tedious and I love my windows, the funny thing is I'm running norton symantec and it was detected and eventually quarintined but what i need to know is would you be able to spot it without the help of anti virus? Cause i can but only the obvious ones like (jeefo, and RAvmon.exe).....
Based on Behavior of PC One can tell if there's a virus strike ;)

Something unusual will starts happening like sluggishness, some drives/files/folder not accessible, files/programs starts opening with other software (instead of default ones), unusual activity when PC connected to Internet, Virus replicated itself through Messenger etc. etc. etc.

OP
Eyes Only

Eyes Only

Thanks man appreciate it will check it out.....
Posted again:
Have you ever seen in windows media player that when opening a file (file-open-files of type) and it gives you the option to open any file, I always suspect suspected this as malicious activity what do you guys think?

Last edited:

mrintech

Technomancer
Thanks man appreciate it will check it out.....
Posted again:
Have you ever seen in windows media player that when opening a file (file-open-files of type) and it gives you the option to open any file, I always suspect suspected this as malicious activity what do you guys think?
STOP using WMP if you are so suspicious ;)

There are lots of good players available:

* *www.codecguide.com/download_mega.htm
* *www.gomlab.com/eng/GMP_download.html
* *www.videolan.org/vlc/
* *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_media_players

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
@Eyes Only

You can find the same thing in notepad, word and ninety nine percent of windows applications. They all use something called Common Dialog. It is a part of windows which allows all apps to use same templates of dialog boxes, like open, save, print, colors etc. If anything happens, it isnt WMP's fault :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom