Video playback Stuttering VLC.

utkarsh73

Journeyman
I downloaded a 720p video from Youbube and when I played it in VLC Player, it stuttered at many places. First I thought that there must be something wrong with the video.
So I played another 720p video which used to run smoothly, but then again it stuttered at many places. Again I downloaded a 360p video and it played very smoothly.:?
I tried to google the problem and came across a solution where we have to adjust some "Preferences" settings but it did not work.
Any idea what the problem is and how to solve it???

Lord073

Journeyman
I'd suggest that ditch VLC and use PotPlayer 1.5.31590 Beta - VideoHelp.com Downloads

If your PC is fast enough to play HD videos smoothly then you'll never have stuttering problems with PotPlayer no matter whatever video format it is.

OP
utkarsh73

utkarsh73

Journeyman
Whats your PC config? I think your PC may not be powerfull enough to run HD vids :|

Config: Core i3 350M, 4GB DDR3 RAM, ATI HD 5730 1GB GDDR3.

Am I wrong if I assume its enough to run HD videos?

I'd suggest that ditch VLC and use PotPlayer 1.5.31590 Beta - VideoHelp.com Downloads

If your PC is fast enough to play HD videos smoothly then you'll never have stuttering problems with PotPlayer no matter whatever video format it is.

Really never heard of it:!: Although, giving it a try.

mrintech

Technomancer
Are you running latest version of VLC with latest Codecs? If yes, try following:

* Go to Tools > Preferences > Input & Codecs / Codecs > set "Skip H.264 in-loop Deblocking Filter" to "All"

If after setting above, you still get the problem, Try re-installing Display Drivers for your PC.

BTW which HD files you are playing MP4, MKV etc.?

OP
utkarsh73

utkarsh73

Journeyman
Go to Tools > Preferences > Input & Codecs / Codecs > set "Skip H.264 in-loop Deblocking Filter" to "All"
I tried this solution earlier but it did not work out.
BTW which HD files you are playing MP4, MKV etc.?
I m playing both MKV and MP4 files.

Meanwhile I tried the PotPlayer suggested by Lord073 above and those videos are played flawlessly by pot player. No stuttering or pixelation. Also not to mention, its a damn good player!!!.....:)

OP
utkarsh73

utkarsh73

Journeyman
Another update.....
After playing a few videos with PotPlayer, I again tried to play with VLC. This time, the video played smoothly.
I don't know what the problem was and what solved the problem.:?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ it's must be due to some broken codec / improper registry setting of some codec and potplayer installation has fixed it ;-)

OP
utkarsh73

utkarsh73

Journeyman
^^Thanks for the info.
Please tell me exactly how I should have fixed it without installing pot player???

OP
utkarsh73

utkarsh73

Journeyman
Thanks Zangetsu.

Windows OS Calculator Bug
Sqrt(9) - 3 = check the answer

I tried it and it gave some wierd answer......:?
I cannot understand the secret behind it. Is it really a bug or any illusion or misunderstanding??

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Thanks Zangetsu.

I tried it and it gave some wierd answer......:?
I cannot understand the secret behind it. Is it really a bug or any illusion or misunderstanding??

its an easter egg but some call it bug...
coz square root of 9 is 3 & 3- 3 = 0 thats y..:wink:

For HD videos use splash player lite or you may try splayer.

I have used splash player....UI is superb but its major features are not available in Free version....:cool:

OP
utkarsh73

utkarsh73

Journeyman
does Media Player Classic+klite codec pack has all the features like VLC? I once used k-lite codec pack on xp and it replaced the default WMP 10 with WMP classic. Will it replace the WMP 12 on windows 7??

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
does Media Player Classic+klite codec pack has all the features like VLC? I once used k-lite codec pack on xp and it replaced the default WMP 10 with WMP classic. Will it replace the WMP 12 on windows 7??

yes it has all features of VLC...
no,it doesn't replace WMP 12 on windows 7 :cool:

also if u have noticed WMP12 doesn't support mkv but after codec packs installation MKV files are playable in WMP also :grin:

OP
utkarsh73

utkarsh73

Journeyman
yes it has all features of VLC...
no,it doesn't replace WMP 12 on windows 7 :cool:

also if u have noticed WMP12 doesn't support mkv but after codec packs installation MKV files are playable in WMP also :grin:

Thats good......going to try right now!!!
thanks.

Top Bottom