VFM Mobile - 15k

techfreak

Broken In
Hi Guys,

I am planning to buy a new phone for my cousin brother . His main requirements would be push email , Editing and viewing documents ,good application support. My max budget is 15k.
I was thinking of going for HTC wildfire. Can you please suggest some VFM models.
PS : Suggest me one model under QWERTY and other under touch screen. I will prefer mobile running on android OS and main use will be checking emails.

tejaslok

Journeyman
there are many threads based similarly on this VFM, so 1st plz go thru that and u might come to a conclusion :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
wildfire have low resolution. better avoid it. get LG Optimus One or the new Motorola TX5. no use getting the backflip (ugly, odd design) or SE X10 mini pro.

Last edited:

pauldmps

Banned
By push e-mail do you mean Blackberry service or the ordinary one ?

If you want the latter, the surely Optimus One would be the best bet otherwise you'll have to get one of the "Blackberry Curve" models

OP
T

techfreak

Broken In
wildfire have low resolution. better avoid it. get LG Optimus One or the new Motorola TX%. no use getting the backflip (ugly, odd design) or SE X10 mini pro.

X10 runs on android 1.6 . It is bit obsolete. I guess back flip is available in Motorala TX series . I hate it as well . That leaves out LG optimus as the only viable option.

By push e-mail do you mean Blackberry service or the ordinary one ?

If you want the latter, the surely Optimus One would be the best bet otherwise you'll have to get one of the "Blackberry Curve" models

Ordinary one will do as well. AFAIK LG is not a known brand in mobile. So if I do go for it will after sales services be an issue.

Terabyte

In the zone
^Who told you that!
LG is a well known brand.
LG Optimus One is the best pick for your budget and check out the reviews if you don't seem impressed with the brand.

tejaslok

Journeyman
^^ya tech-freak before LG launched optimus series i sticked with Samsung galaxy 3 though it has "res" downside, but now LG is gaining momentum to top the list and the reviews are good about it !. U wouldn't believe that im also going for LG optimus one now which i would be buying during Christmas or new year !

anyways its the buyers choice at the last which matters !.. Do check some reviews and go for a good one :p

vishurocks

Journeyman
Go for lg optimus one. Best choice for 13k. You can also consider motorola charm, it has capacitive touchscreen plus physical qwerty keypad and it's also not a slider. It's slightly out of your budget and has 2.1 eclair. Imo go for optimus one

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
X10 runs on android 1.6 . It is bit obsolete.

yup, i know. though update to 2.1 has been announced but it'll take time to reach here, maybe by 2011-2012. thats why i told not to go for it.

Ordinary one will do as well. AFAIK LG is not a known brand in mobile. So if I do go for it will after sales services be an issue.

world's 3rd biggest mobile manufacturer. & now making a good comeback. also the the Optimus Series is good value (skip the first one).

You can also consider motorola charm, it has capacitive touchscreen plus physical qwerty keypad and it's also not a slider. It's slightly out of your budget and has 2.1 eclair

i quite can't remember when the price of brick increased to 12-14k pp :mrgreen:

pauldmps

Banned
If you can stretch your budget 2k more & can find the Samsung Wave (now discontinued due to shortage of AMOLED screens), it is definitely worth going for.

Aditya11

Journeyman

You are correct in having apprehensions about LG brand. In recent reader's survey conducted by both Digit and Chip, LG has scored way less than Nokia, Samsung..even Motorola...what position LG holds worldwide is immaterial, when people in INDIA have give very low scores about the trust and reliability factor of LG Mobile brand. I'd advise not to fall for hype created by some forum members here and think rationally..

Top Bottom