Very STRANGE Problem :-(

7shivam9

Broken In
Ignore my Bad English , this is going to be long
I am not sure where to start from :| so ill just write in points.

> 4 dvds
> 15 GB ZIP FILE
> 15 GB ZIP FILE Splitted with Hjsplit.
> 1 part of 15GB ZIP FILE File in Each DVD.
> DVD are properly Burnt.
SCREENSHOT --> ScreenShot1.jpg
-------------------------------------------
> In ZIP File There is a (15.0 GB ISO FILE)
>COPIED ALL THE .001,.002 ... .004 files
>JOINED THEM
>I extracted the ISO
>CRC Failed Error in Winrar
>"Keep Broken Files" And Extracted
>Mounted ISO
>Installed the Setup from ISO
> Few Files Missing--- "Ignored"
--------------------------------------------
Did same thing again (Copying dvds,mounting iso etc).... This time Few more files are Missing.
>Re-Installed Windows .. Same thing.
Installed windows 7 x32 & x64.. Same Thing
>Installed windows XP.. Same thing.
>Installed Windows 8 .. Same thing.
--------------------------------------------
>Gave DVD's to Friend
>He Did Same things.
>COPIED ALL THE .001,.002 ... .004 files
>JOINED THEM
>ISO Extracted without any CRC Failed Error. :|
>MOUNTED ISO
>Installed Setup.
>No Error OR Missing Files.
*Program Working.*
---------------------------------------------

I Am Not sure What the hell is wrong with my Computer.And not only these dvds But same thing happened with other DVD's. Followed Same Instructions on other computer They work.

Is my RAM Faulty , DVD Drive , Or HDD.

Need Serious help :/ please ask as many questions as you can...

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
There might be problem with your HDD as it might have developed black sectors(unable to even read) or your DVD-RW might have been skipping some files. RAM does have any role in reading the disks but you can instal CCleaner to keep the HDD in optimized condition.

Could be a problem with your drive. I have many discs which cannot be completely copied in my drive but work perfectly in other's drives.

P.S., use WinRAR itself to split the archive files.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
always use "verify after burn" option in nero/imgburn/any other software to truly verify files were burnt correctly.this does not account for the fact that hdd itself maybe faulty but you mentioned same dvd working on friend's pc i am guessing either your dvd writer's capability to read dvd is deteriorating(seen same thing on some friends pc) or there is some AV/program on your system interfering with data being written on hdd when combining split files.my bet though is on faulty dvd reading.

OP
7shivam9

7shivam9

Broken In
>I Tried CCleaner , Same Results.
> I Don't have Any AV.

And Whitestar_999 thanks , ur reply was helpful.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
always use "verify after burn" option in nero/imgburn/any other software to truly verify files were burnt correctly.this does not account for the fact that hdd itself maybe faulty but you mentioned same dvd working on friend's pc i am guessing either your dvd writer's capability to read dvd is deteriorating(seen same thing on some friends pc) or there is some AV/program on your system interfering with data being written on hdd when combining split files.my bet though is on faulty dvd reading.

Did you follow the above steps and also use Microsoft Security Essentials as Antivirus and run it once.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@OP: try 7zip and also use latest version of hjsplit (u can also try similar joining apps like hjsplit)

OP
7shivam9

7shivam9

Broken In
Guys DVD's are not burnt by me.. they are sent by my friends who are living far away.
And @bavusani : I tried that ages ago :/ still it dosent work.

[UPDATE]
Okay.. so I tried to extract a .ISO .. now I get these bunch of errors.
that ISO is pretty huge so its splitted by WINRAR and properly burned in 6 DVD's.

I get Corrupt error in part 4 and part 6.

*s30.postimg.org/p2q3rjnf5/pak_data.jpg
*s28.postimg.org/vewit9sn1/pak_data2.jpg

^ So i thought the DVDs are not burnt properly , i went to my friend..
Inserted the DVD1 with part 1 of that .iso file...and Extracted
it asked for the other parts.. respectively inserted all the dvd's ..
all the DVD's were Successfully Extracted without any error.

:eek: the hell is wrong with my fkng computer :/ is my HDD faulty , optical drive faulty Or FATE is faulty :cry:

- You guys have any questions regarding this.. please ask them.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
These kinds of issues are very common among DVDs.. DVDs have very bad data redundancy, therefore, these kinds of errors will occur when a little bit of data is misplaced in some other region..
I dont think you will be able to salvage the data now :(
Happend with me many times

OP
7shivam9

7shivam9

Broken In
Well , what I am supposed to do then ? Wht is Faulty HDD or Optical Drive .. something must be replaced :(

Zangetsu

^^try making a split archive and then re-extract it to orginal (see if it works)
also u can take the ISO from your frnd in external HDD or large 32GB pendrive

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Well , what I am supposed to do then ? Wht is Faulty HDD or Optical Drive .. something must be replaced :(

It can be neither.. During burn process, minor errors are inevitable and things like 7zip archives will cease to function when that happens..
To be safe, next time you burn something, Make sure you turn on FULL DATA verification

OP
7shivam9

7shivam9

Broken In
^^try making a split archive and then re-extract it to original (see if it works)
I don't understand what u said :( (bad English)

And about copying the ISO from Friend.. I dont know if that works
this .ISO is around 20+GB and I have a 16 GB pen drive and friend has 8 GB pen drive .
I will Directly copy the Archives from DVD to pen drives and try extracting them :/
Hope that work.

but apart from these temporary solutions ... whts wrong with MY COMPUTER ? :(

It can be neither.. During burn process, minor errors are inevitable and things like 7zip archives will cease to function when that happens..
To be safe, next time you burn something, Make sure you turn on FULL DATA verification
then why the Hell does everything , goes smoothly on other Computers ?
>everything copies smoothly
>extracts
>installs
>program works

----- In My case ----
>everything copies
>I extract
>Crc Failed & ****
>Files missing during Installing
> :-x

As per the update even Extracting Directly from the DVD's dosent work :(

I know there is something wrong with my Computer. But i cant figure out wht ? Optical Drive or HDD :(

Zangetsu

I don't understand what u said :( (bad English)
Create an new Archive (zip/rar) in parts and then extract the archive in another directory (to check if there is any problem with archive creation/extraction)

also if there is any CRC error in the archive then u can use the Test option in winrar to check for corrupt files

OP
7shivam9

7shivam9

Broken In
so u tried creating a new archive (don't use the same file use any other file such as 100MB file from your local)

yah,Files from my PC get archived&Extracted successfully .
well S*hit... I think its my Optical drive Messing !!!
*s10.postimg.org/q8btuq5ih/cereal_guy_cuspindo.jpg

I will get my friends optical drive temporary , if it works fine.. then its time to get a new.

OP
7shivam9

7shivam9

Broken In
I replaced the Optical Drive .. I dont get the Currupt Error anymore but the Program wont Install :/ Files Still missing and sh*t.

Is there fault of My RAM (i Doubt) or HDD , as per above replies my HDD might have created bad sectors OR Not reading data well. Should I COMPLETELY WIPE OUT All the DATA from HDD ? Will that help :( .. its a 500 GB HDD , been using it since 3years and almost 4 years now. has lots of entertainment data like movies/games But if Doing this is Going to solve this problem then im ready to Compromise.

Top Bottom