Very slow torrent speed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bharat_r

In the zone
I have 256 kbps connetction.....I'm having very slow torrent download speeds (like 1kb/s)
But upload speed is higher.I tried limiting it less than 5 but still my download speed is very low.

I have tried many torrent clients like Azureus,BitComet,BitTornado,ABC,BitTorrent,but no use.

Is there a way to get speeds > 25kbps

I can't understand what is a router.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Don't know about others but try this. Install BitComet and then download the file that I have uploaded to Rapidshare and copy paste it to the BitComet installation folder. It worked for me with a 200% boost. Hope it does the same for you. Here is the link...

BitComet Tweak File

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
The download speed depends on a hell lot of factors.. The number of peers, torrent health, and some site admins also restrict the download speeds.. and all wait till u get a good speeds..

@ctrl_alt_del, that file is already in the installed folder of bitcomet.

OP
bharat_r

bharat_r

In the zone
that file which he gave has different contents(opened with notepad & saw).
speed hasen't increased much...increase is from 1kbps to 3 kbps....still slow..

In my case,no. of seeder/peer is not a problwm I think:
*img95.echo.cx/img95/1267/speed8fx.jpg

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
^^ It's a problem... only 4 seeds and two leechers at the moment, the health of the torrent (ratio of leechers and seeders) may be good but still it's not enough.

Ok, lemme try out the bitcomet thing.. and i shall post back :D

thegame_rulez

Journeyman
i have had a definite increase in speeds after the tweak..but that is only for small files which are 15-20 mb..i am getting arnd constant 8-9 KB/s..
but for comparatively larger files(500-1 GB) even with a good amount of seeders gets me just 3-4.

OP
bharat_r

bharat_r

In the zone
thegame_rulez said:
which client is that screenshot of?

It was of Azureus.
------------------------

In Azureus the speeds are desent when the the face is in green ....speed is bad when the face is in yellow.

Yellow means NAT problem.I googled for it & found that the income port must be changed ,I changed to the value given(53000).Now there is a green face there & speeds are a little higher(5-10 kbps).

I used to get speeds of 15+ kbps once.May be all depends on the server & other factors.

selva1966

Journeyman
I once tried to download a film and it said download time is 32 days and after one hour of downloading 28 days. I stopped with that.

thegame_rulez

Journeyman
bharat_r said:
thegame_rulez said:
which client is that screenshot of?

It was of Azureus.
------------------------

In Azureus the speeds are desent when the the face is in green ....speed is bad when the face is in yellow.

Yellow means NAT problem.I googled for it & found that the income port must be changed ,I changed to the value given(53000).Now there is a green face there & speeds are a little higher(5-10 kbps).

I used to get speeds of 15+ kbps once.May be all depends on the server & other factors.

for u ur net provider must have unblocked the port 53000...but in my case...all the ports are blocked..so no use for me.. ne no. i try gives me a nat error..:(

Charley

Just Do It
selva1966 said:
I once tried to download a film and it said download time is 32 days and after one hour of downloading 28 days. I stopped with that.

Pssst .. what kinda film was it ? :wink:

OP
bharat_r

bharat_r

In the zone
for u ur net provider must have unblocked the port 53000...but in my case...all the ports are blocked..so no use for me.. ne no. i try gives me a nat error..

yes..the face became green..but after sometime it turned back to yellow :(
ISP must have blocked that later.
Really I had the green face for some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom