Very Important Advice Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.
Dear Friends,

I am in a very serious confusion.

I own a channel at youtube which has very good audience. Today I got an offer from a music company of USA to sell the control/Administration of my channel to them - in other words, they want to buy my channel. They want to promote their company through my channel. The videos I have upped are bolly-holly videos etc and they have large no of views. I dont have any rights or special attachment with my channel. So I consider no harm in selling. I am inquired about the company, they seem genuine as they have their music on sales at itune, amazon, rhapsody etc. Well I am very confused how to deal it.

here I have attached a pic of their msg

*img38.imageshack.us/img38/9272/new1m.th.png

PLEASE ADVICE...

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
its a spam IMO. You can try but do not send any money or account details etc.

amol48

Searching...
There are a lot of "....." in the mail. Also there are a LOT of grammatical mistakes along with punctuations. (I am lazy to write them here sorry :p) This is SURELY a SPAM mail and not an official letter from any company.

What's the email header btw? I guess this is a new strategy by spammers after those "Lottery Emails" :D

shaunak

Tux Fan
SPAM in my opinion.

Plus, you only own the videos, not the medium. ie the channel. So you cant really sell it.

Be wary of the offer.....
Ask for the money first.

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
To find out whether its spam or not , you cld ask them to make a small change in their youtube channel or website. That will atleast tell you if its actually the company that wants to buy your channel and not some imposter.
You can also consider talking to them via phone, get their phone number, talk to them and independently verify if the phone number belongs to the company or not(this shld be easily done through online telephone directories)

mrintech

Technomancer
Ask them to send you the Link of your channel via e-mail , if they respond than they are real.

Sell it and give us Party :razz:

OP
gurujee

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.
soory for replying late. my connection was down..

thanks all for your advice...if its a spam, then my heart will break surely :(

I will follow the steps u have advised, and post his reaction here and if anything goes wrong OR RIGHT, I will demand the full payment in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom