Very bad virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shash

Broken In
My pendrive got infected with a virus named dsncb.exe and sscchost.exe or something like that.
That virus got into my computer when I inserted the pen drive.
& now the virus has wrecked havoc in my computer!! My computer has been brought to its knees! *www.chip.in/forums/images/smilies/icon_sad.gif
Task Manager, Registry Editing, Folder options, among others have all been disabled!
The Anti-virus software isn't running. I'm not able to install stuff. SAFE MODE IS NOT WORKING. CoMputer restarts randomly.
& the virus isn't getting deleted from the pen drive. I've seen tutorials on youtube and the autorun feature does NOT WORK.
The pen drive does not GET formatted. I get a msg saying some prog is using the pen drive so windows cant format it.

Can someone bring me out of this misery? there seems to be no way out.

I''ll be grateful!

mrintech

Technomancer
Scan with: *www.superantispyware.com/download.html (if you can)

or

Go for Online Scanning Options: *mrintech.com/5-best-online-virus-scanners-you-can-use

damked

Broken In
Which anti-virus were you using before your PC was infected? I have seen Avast and Quick Heal deleting this virus.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Try if u can, to install and run using Trojan Remover, works 100% always, for me, saved me from formatting my PC a dozen of times.

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
@shash: Try this, it might help-
Get a linux live cd. Any good one with NTFS support will do. For example, once digit provided a live cd of Slax. Boot the pc using that (or your own) live cd. NOW, download and install avast antivirus for linux. Run a full system scan and go doze off for a while. This shouldn't activate the virus as it is for windows AND should take care of it. Also, search for dsncb.exe in your Windows directory and delete it permanently.

For re-enabling Regedit & sons:-
A Microsoft MVP, Mr. Doug Knox had made a script called regtools.vbs to re enable registry editor. Find it here:*www.dougknox.com/security/scripts_desc/regtools.htm.
Downoad and run it.

Once registry editor is back up, fire it up and go to:
Code:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Microsoft>Windows>CurrentVersion>Policies>System
and look for a key called 'DisableTaskMgr' and kill it off.
Next up, go to
Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_Machine>Software>Microsoft>Windows>CurrentVersion>Policies>System
and look for the same 'DisableTaskMgr' key and delete that one too!
This should take care of the Task manager.

Two down, one more to go! Folder Options:-
Open Registry editor and go to:
Code:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Microsoft>Windows>CurrentVersion>Policies>Explorer
and look for a key called 'NoFolderOptions'. Send it to hell :twisted:. Do the same here:
Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software>Microsoft>Windows>CurrentVersion>Policies>Explorer

There! And when you next boot up in windows, make sure you run a full system scan with mrintech's favourite :)D) SUPERantispyware and avast!

I hope this helps.

@mrintech: Dude, do you always keep that link copied in your clipboard?? :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Try if u can, to install and run using Trojan Remover, works 100% always, for me, saved me from formatting my PC a dozen of times.

^^^ Ya good selection its trojan virus ,

TrojanGeneric32 , use a good trojan remover many of them are available in free edition try :D

mrintech

Technomancer
And when you next boot up in windows, make sure you run a full system scan with mrintech's favourite :)D) SUPERantispyware and avast!

I hope this helps.

@mrintech: Dude, do you always keep that link copied in your clipboard?? :lol::lol::lol:

^^ u post the same thing dozen times in this forum i guess for these probs
[:p]

I think that Anti-Spyware is really good in detection rate of Malwares, Adwares, Scumwares and Trojans. You can read about it here: *www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-adware-spyware-scumware-remover.htm

I also personally tried it, it Rockz ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom