Status
Not open for further replies.

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
vikassethi said:
Never wanted to act Guru like. Just replying to what my other friends are asking. I am sorry if my messages reflect any ego boosting or self praises. The onlt intention was to tell what I do and where I have reached.

No no no.. dude relax.. u r a guru...it is a fact... and rightfully so obvious due to ur presence in the top rugs of talent... i was just admiring :)

and no ur messages dont reflect "any ego boosting or self praises."

u are hope to struggling people like me. U r an example.

vikassethi

Broken In
Rollercoaster said:
No no no.. dude relax.. u r a guru...it is a fact... and rightfully so obvious due to ur presence in the top rugs of talent... i was just admiring :)

and no ur messages dont reflect "any ego boosting or self praises."

u are hope to struggling people like me. U r an example.
No I feel relaxed..LOL

OP
R

rajesh_nk22

Journeyman
Hi Vikas,

I dont have idea of money transfer in RAC.
I will open account in paypal, as u said they will send me physical cheque, if i deposit that cheque in ICICI, will they deduct any fees for transfer?
& How do i put in initial amount which is required when accepting bid.

vikassethi

Broken In
rajesh_nk22 said:
Hi Vikas,

I dont have idea of money transfer in RAC.
I will open account in paypal, as u said they will send me physical cheque, if i deposit that cheque in ICICI, will they deduct any fees for transfer?
& How do i put in initial amount which is required when accepting bid.
RAC would not send you money at PayPal. They will either send a USD Cheque or a wire transfer. For wire transfer in your bank account they will charge $55 and a for a priority mail cheque I think they charge $25. However, getting a cheque from them means getting your payment in about 35 days as the cheque takes time to come and then when you deposit it then a sick bank like ICICI will further take at least 21 days.

However, if you have other clients sending you payment at PayPal then PayPal will send you a cheque in India Rupees, but their cheque comes from norml Indian Postal system which has the chances of getting misplaced.

Rollercoaster

see i find this the worst part abt RAC and most other online small business.
the culprit? yes u guessed it, indian banking system.

vikassethi

Broken In
Rollercoaster said:
see i find this the worst part abt RAC and most other online small business.
the culprit? yes u guessed it, indian banking system.
I agree. I hate the whole system, but cant help till Rupee is fully convertible.

[A]bu

Journeyman
Man u can goto to the site of vbcodes n u may get good help or programs with codes...

I just trying to help

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
Which Book I can buy .. to start learning .Net? what do I need to know before starting with .net?

vikassethi

Broken In
rollcage said:
Which Book I can buy .. to start learning .Net? what do I need to know before starting with .net?
There is a book from Microsoft Pulications titled "Programming Visual Basic .Net" written by Balena. I think that's one of the best books I have ever read. Although I have more than 18 books with me that I can recommend, but by far this is the best book. (I will reply to your email in a few minutes)

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
Whoa!!! I am really impressed by you Mr.VikasSethi , Really wanna become a coder like you one day.
Hats off to you sir.

vikassethi

Broken In
~Phenom~ said:
Whoa!!! I am really impressed by you Mr.VikasSethi , Really wanna become a coder like you one day.
Hats off to you sir.
Hai Mein Sharam se Laal Hua!!
Thanks for your kind words.

Rollercoaster

vikassethi said:
Hai Mein Sharam se Laal Hua!!
Thanks for your kind words.

lol that sounds like my oldest cousin who just got married!!!!
:-D

btw abt the books. i havent read many book but i really love the beginner and professional series by wrox. i have read
1. big vb.net (recom for people who have minimal knowlidge of .net)
2. big c# (recom for c/c++ colg guys)
3. beg vb.net databases
4. pro vb.net
5. pro vb.net databases <<current occupation :)

check out the wrok Dot.Net section here

and i would like to add that a book actually does nothing other then teach u the syntax of the language. the best way is to build a project alongside.

like i am developing a bittorrent client(just begun tho). u can check out my log here

deepak.krishnan

In the zone
rajesh_nk22 said:
expertise in : vb 6, sql server, delphi

hello rajesh
can u help me eith this code in VB. It is for a small school project
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39546

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom