VAIO does not accept correct BIOS password!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnpandya

Broken In
Hi friends,

I've got a strange problem. My Sony VAIO PCG-K315M laptop was working nicely till yesterday night, but today morning when I started it and entered the bootup password, I simply didn't accept it!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: !!!!!!!!!!! I don't know why? Nobody has touched the machine after I left it yesterday. I cannot use it anymore now. I've already mailed to Sony Inc. for support, but I am in hurry. Is there any remedy? Please help, it's urgent.

Thanks.

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
on a normal PC there is a way by changin the bios pin config and clearin all passwords

not sure if this can be applied to the lappies

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
just remove the battery once.
and then place it again.
it clears the CMOS.
PASSWORS WILL BE RESETED

OP
J

jnpandya

Broken In
Come on man...

How will I get to the CMOS battery? That's the real problem. Removing the main power battery is like switching off the machine. That won't work. Simply.

OP
J

jnpandya

Broken In
Where to get that hardware tool? Cost? Reliability?

Sony people say that I'll have to send the machine to them by courier and they'll solve the problem and may charge upto Rs.3000/- !!!!

d

Journeyman
dude.....i think most bios manufacturers hv some kind of admin password.....who manufactured ur vaio's bios? i think it phoenix....try phoenix PHOENIX CMOS BIOS etc....*www.uktsupport.co.uk/reference/biosp.htm check this out

if u don't want to send it to sony n if all else fails, take the notebook apart if its out of warranty and clear the cmos by removing the battery and allowing the capacitors to discharge for about half an hour....use this as a last resort...trust me, sony vaio's are worth a damn sight more than 3k bucks...

OP
J

jnpandya

Broken In
Thanks for the support, but none of the passwords worked! I've never opened any laptop, is there any resource to know how to disassemble it without breaking any pins inside (if any)? Please let me know.

d

Journeyman
dude let me tell u this

(i) opening up the laptop instantly voids its warranty

(ii) opening it up w/o prev xperience is a...well, new xperence

(iii) Its a sony vaio, goddamn!

but then,

just look at screws around and lift everything like ur handling a newborn kid....u kno, like lifting panels
for god's sake, keep away from the TFT connector tht connects the mobo

i think the cmos battery should be pretty obv.....jus make sure u don't take the keyboard apart as lappie keyboards r part of the mobo....jus don't invert the laptop

also some stuff could be stuck or soldered on....so be careful...n try n google for ppl who've taken apart vaio's

godspeed!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom