utorrent download speed problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
THanx for this..

will try that and let u knw here...

btw, u get 30KBps on a 256 kbps conn ?? is it ? and from pvt. or public tracker ?>

its really good then..

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^ awesome,

will giv it a try..

------------------------------
i hv these values:

Global max no, of connections=250

MAx no, of connected peers per torrent=90

no, of upload slots per torrent=4
--------------------------------------------

So, i guess i'll hv to change jus the no of peers, ??

Last edited:
OP
S

smslca

Broken In
hi manusag...........

u asked me how can i get that much speed. i dont know the answer but i can show u picture. tell me why i got that speed. i just happens sometimes only. this situation comes maximum when my system hangs out for a second.

is there any reason? im willing to know

im attaching the picture torrent speed.pdf of the speed bar shown in utorrent verify it....

hey why are my .jpg format pictures uploaded not displaying any picture when opened. another two threads got no replies because of this reason
please anyone can help me

Last edited:

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
@ashu888ashu888

Try these settings
Global max no of connections 200

Max no of connected peers per torrent 50

no of upload slots per torrent 2

if the speed is not stable reduce "no of connected peers per torrent"

@smslca
wtf..............1770 torrents!!!:eek: :eek:

Last edited:
hi guys ...i have a ques related to this topic so i am posting here instead of creating another thread.
I am on a Night Unlimited(9PM-9AM) 2Mbps connection, but my torrent speed never goes past 205 KBps .... wats the setting u ppl suggest?
My present settings are :
Global max no of connections 750

Max no of connected peers per torrent 300

no of upload slots per torrent 8.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^ well, do u get this for all the torrents ??or any particular one ?? if u get it for a particular torrent, then the torrent might not be a well seeded one,

but it also depends on the speed of the uplaoder too..(u cannot d/load more than wat the uyploaders are uploading, a simple common sense :D )

But, if this is the speed taht u get for all torrents, try reducing the values of the global max no, of conn from 750 to 700

to tel, u in simple terms.. this is a numbers game adn there is no standardised values for every one..u jus hv to play witht eh values untill u get the right mix of d/load and speed yar... i hope u understand... :)

note: a conn is a good one if u get a speed of d/load closer to the actual speed of ur plan.. :)
------------------

Cheers n e-peace....

thnx for ur reply.
This is the max speed for all downloads even if there are 3-4 torrents with a large no of seeders ..

i will try to tweak the settings to get the right combination. Hope it works.

Thnx again buddy.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
I hope u are not d/loading several torrents in aprallel ?? i mean simultaneously..??

also,for a 2mbps conn a 700MB file shud be d/loaded in 15-20mins i guess...

no buddy ...
2Mbps = 256 KBPS= 4sec per MB
700 * 4= 2800 sec/60 = 46 min 40 secs

only when u get full 256 KBPS
typically i get around 200KBPS , so 12 mb per minute or 720 mb per hour.

imageek

Journeyman
is your router port forwarded??
btw...which router u have ??
go to portforward.com and get the method to do so....

I port forwarded my router and get good speeds....most of the time..its above 150Kbps

I have BSNL 500 plan.

PS: BSNL does not provide good speeds on unlimited plan

bhunnu16

Broken In
If u are running 3 torrents simultaneously try limiting the download speeds of each equally.Like if u get a speed of 205 Kbps, keep the max. download speed of each torrent to 70 kbps. Like this ur bandwidth will be fully utilized and one torrent will not be eating the b/w of other.

PS: Waise which connection u using? BSNL and MTNL don't hv a 2mbps Unlimited plan at cheap rates and also the night hours are less.

@ imageek and Bhunnu
I Am using TATA (VSNL) broadband and have Broadcom Router or ADSL Modem (watever u call them) and havent used "port forwarding" till now.
My prob is ...whether its 1 torrent or 7 torrents, the speed hovers around 195-200 mark (combined speed of all the torrents in case of more than one torrent). I dont limit the speed of individual torrents as some torrents dnt have good speeds (like 7-8k to 45k) so i let them adjust the bandwidth automatically between them.

I have TATA Connection and the plan details are as follows :
Price of pack : 1922 Rs (inclusive of all taxes)
Validity : 3 months
Free Usage : 86 hrs (for 3 months) i.e. approx 1 hour daily.
Night Unlimited : 9 PM to 9 AM daily.

So its fine for me as usually i use net after 9 PM, and 12 hrs daily for download @ 2 Mbps is sufficient for me.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
yes, u are doin wrong.... btw wats the no of peers tat u get for tat torrent ??? is it well seeded ??? and wat are ur values for connections ?? plz list them down here.. :)

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
1. Try to Download From Private Trackers.
2. Check If your torrent has large number of seeders and less number of leechers. Most of the time even though you may have large amount of seeders but the seeders often limit their upload speed to 1KB/s so it is a better Idea to check if the seeders are seeding with high speed
3. Try to Download from other torrents

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Well,after lots and lots of different ports i managed to reach a 150kbps download speed and now it has dropped down to 25-30,probably cause there aren't many seeders! 30 peers! (its a 34gb torrent("Friends")and with that speed......)

Thanx anyway for the help!!! ;)
Appreciate that!

tats the best u can get for a 34GB torrent buddy...

well, its not coz of less no. of peers tats causing the proble, the thing is, since its a large file opf 34 gb, no particular seeder wud be remaining uploading at a constant rate as a result of wich u get so fluctuating speeds...

Tip: if that torrent file was divided into several multiple parts, try d/loadoing 2Gb at one go, i.e only after the 2GB out of the 34GB hv been d/loaded, then go in for the next 2GB and so on... :)

by doint his, u'll hv less number of files to be d/loaded at one time as a result of wich u will definately get good speeds.. :)

I myself hv d/loaded at a whooping rate of 225 kbps on my 256 kbps conn. with jus 11 peers, but in my case i had jus selected part-by-part file d/load ... (as explained above) :)
------------------------

many ppl will say different things, but this is the main reason y u are getting so poor speeds.. :)
------------------------

Cheers n e-peace....

Renny

Padawan
I have Airtel 384 kbits/s UL plan,

But for torrents I never get speeds above 40KBps(always 30-40KBps) and even if it crosses 40KBps it drops down immediately to below 40KBps,

I'm using Windows XP SP3,uTorrent 1.8 and my port is properly forwarded(59393), (Beetel 220BX Router)

I haven't entered the port number in "Virtual Server" however I have entered my LAN IP Address in "DMZ Host"

*img361.imageshack.us/img361/2089/98859711bu4.th.jpg

However while downloading files from Rapidshare etc. I get speeds of 44-50KBps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom