uTorrent & Browsing Problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Hey Guys, From the last one month I am using uTorrent, shifted from Azureus. But there is a strange problem. When uTorrent is running I cannot open a single page in any browser, even if the upload and download speed is zero i.e., absolutely no activity from uTorrent. Once I close uTorrent, I am able to open any page. I have a Dataone home 500 connection.

Any tips on this?

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
open uTorrent after you've connected to net & opened the browser.

it happens lot of times with me.

another thing i do is, pause->start the d/l, then close uTorrent, then re-open it :D (this works most of the time for me)

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
my net is always connected :p, I diagnosed that this is a upload problem, i.e., the page request is not going to the servers. Will try your tip ;)

anand1

In the zone
Go to the uTorrent option setting and there you may find the option for limmiting the download speed. Try using this and hope the speed might be good.
Do also see if the uTorrent is blocking all the ports or what?

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Ok got the solution. Now everything is working fine :)

Windows XP SP2 introduced a limitation on the number of simultaneous TCP half-open (first SYN) connections your computer can make. This was apparently an effort to stop worms spreading but breaks most, if not all P2P apps such as bittorrent, frostwire, kceasy etc.

Install the tcpip.sys hack (I set the limit sky-high, no other OS has a limit as retarded as this) and your computer should operate properly again while running P2P apps.

Source

Last edited:

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Right click the file you are downloading in uTorrent-->>properties-->>limit upload and download limit.
Now some bandwidth will be available for browsing too.

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
naveen_reloaded said:
y dont u use azureus... it look professional and has loads of feature..

this is my opinion
I had been using Azureus for the past 1 1/2 years .. its just takes hellofa resource, so its time for me to look at other options.

ravi_9793 said:
Right click the file you are downloading in uTorrent-->>properties-->>limit upload and download limit.
Now some bandwidth will be available for browsing too.

Yes bro I do use this to limit the BW :)

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
yes its solved , but I got a doubt now that speed from uTorrent has decreased :p

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ you are correct, its the tcpip.sys trick which fixed the problem. will check speed for some more days ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom