Using Windows Vista: The MVP Way

Status
Not open for further replies.

axxo

99.9% Idle
^ thats 3 yr backk...now every hdd comes with 5 yrs warranty...that means hdd manufacturers are sure enough about reliability of their product...so its hard to get miserable failure unless you ran that into trouble

axxo

99.9% Idle
My friend got samsung hdd replaced 2 times last yr :O...I mean...I really consider her jinxed lol :D

dont even consider samsung HDDs as hard disk drivers..they are just like running owen....

I have 3 HDDs...a samsung which runs @ 50c and above while the other two frm seagate runs atleast 10 degree less than that of samsung...

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
My friend got samsung hdd replaced 2 times last yr :O...I mean...I really consider her jinxed lol :D
same here, Seagate 80Gb purchased around may 05 has sent it to rma second time within warranty period just 3 days back.

damm, i miss my hdd:(
for now, using Saboyon live DVD,
first main beiifit of it is, you can turn it off directly

No HDD = No DATA LOSS:D

praka123

left this forum longback
^use puppy linux and store some bookmarks or download data! :D

BTW,I have a seagate 80GB sata.from the day 1(may13,2004),it is having rattling sounds(krich,krich :D ) when it searches.so,I gave the hdd for RMA and took back it next day after learning that due to some patent? trouble seagate hdd's that time "made in China" were not having the noise suppressor?(forgot the correct term).
the hdd is working OK till now :)

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
nah, suboyon is working fine for me + flash drive to save settings & data.
will try puppy linux but no space to save it:D

so will wait till my HDD comes back from chennai.
ETA 5

any reason why HDD's fails?

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
very nice tutorial gx. thanks.

the only think i would love to see in vista is the autoupdate feature of media library also work for all programs and software. so that when we click on a exe we can see all related info and links just like they are shown in the game explorer. :)

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
the only think i would love to see in vista is the autoupdate feature of media library also work for all programs and software. so that when we click on a exe we can see all related info and links just like they are shown in the game explorer.

This option is given to application developers with .net 2.0 already, it's just that many are not using it right now. Have a look at this example for Catalyst Install manager where the information regarding the web site is written but it can have other info too.

*img238.imageshack.us/img238/5695/tagqo0.jpg

btw the 'MVP way' probably doesn't include utorrent

It does includes uTorrrent, have a look properly :D

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
hey gx

Great thread man.

I have Vista Home Premium DVD. Can I now build a DVD with Vista OS and all the apps that you mentioned in a way that I need to install these apps everytime I do a reinstall. Is that allowed by MS?

IF yes, can you provide the procedure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom