Useful Freewares...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
MusicZen

Very tiny (~600kB) app for beautifully sorting your messy music collection. It can sort music in multiple folders based on Album, Artist, Year, Date, using ID3 tag. I found this app to be very easy to use and perfectly good.

Link: MusicZen 1.2 free download - Software reviews, downloads, news, free trials, freeware and full commercial software - Downloadcrew

thanks, sounds interesting .. I'm gonna give this a try.

Quxx Player--A good music player as well as organizer..30 Band equalizer gives total control..give it a try..

link please ?

Can someone recommend a video convertor which has lots and lots of options (not formats)? No specific needs, just looking to experiment with settings.

Try FreeMake Video Converter or Avidemux.

Can anyone recommend me a video player, similar ti Nvidia 3d vision video player? I need a player that can display normal videos as red-cyan videos.

Nvidia has those red cyan glasses. Used ones are available for al cheap as 100 rupees. Currently, I have plastica and paper glasses that once came with the newspaper :):) the're crap though :p

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ TechnoHolic - if you really need some quality glasses for 3D just make a thread in appropriate section ... i'm sure you will get proper attention and answer.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
check out this free Open Source Cross Platform Video Editor :
WebHome < Shotcut < MLT Framework

Feature List :

Features

These are all currently implemented features. See the Roadmap for planned features.

supports oodles of formats and codecs thanks to FFmpeg (or libav as-built)
frame-accurate seeking for many formats
screen capture (Linux only) including background capture to capture a Shotcut session
webcam capture (Linux only)
audio capture (Linux only; PulseAudio, JACK, or ALSA)
network stream playback (HTTP, HLS, RTMP, RTSP, MMS, UDP)
frei0r video generator plugins (e.g. color bars and plasma)
Blackmagic Design SDI and HDMI for input and preview monitoring
JACK transport sync
deinterlacing
detailed media properties panel
recent files panel
drag-n-drop files from file manager
save and load trimmed clip as MLT XML file
load and play complex MLT XML file as a clip
audio signal level meter
volume control
scrubbing and transport control
flexible UI through dock-able panels
encode to a variety of formats and codecs thanks to FFmpeg (or libav as-built)
capture (record) SDI, HDMI, webcam (V4L2), JACK, PulseAudio, IP streams, X11 screen
stream (encode to IP) files and any capture source
batch encoding with job control
create, play, edit, save, load, encode, and stream MLT XML playlists
unlimited undo and redo for playlist edits including a history view
connect to Melted servers over MVCP TCP protocol
control the transport playback of Melted units
edit Melted playlists including suport for undo/redo
OpenGL GPU-based image processing
video filters: Blur, Color Grading, Crop, Glow, Mirror, Saturation, Sharpen
3-way (shadows, mids, highlights) color wheels for color correction and grading

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
^ Gracias! I was looking for an alternative to Windows Movie Maker just yesterday!! I'll try this one out. :D

Anyone kknows how to better view your Music library in KM Player? It's currently showing alist of all songs. I want to sort it out by date, artist or something else.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think you need to use some other app for that - use MusicZen suggested by you ;-)

^ Gracias! I was looking for an alternative to Windows Movie Maker just yesterday!! I'll try this one out. :D

you are welcome .. yes, try it out and post a little review/feedback on this. Even I'm eager to use this app but as I'm no video expert I usually don't use such apps but if it works good I'll keep this installed as you never know when you might need it.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Anyone kknows how to better view your Music library in KM Player? It's currently showing alist of all songs. I want to sort it out by date, artist or something else.

It seems you can only sort KMPlayer's playlist with a small options.

*i.minus.com/ihctj1IcA7Ps0.png

But honestly, I don't think KMPlayer suits music, rather just videos, and for which it's a great player. For music you are better suited to better alternative like, MediaMonkey or Winamp.

And about that open source video editor, "ShotCut", I am glad to encounter an open source video editor that seems is capable to take the fight against big guns.
As for its functionality is concerned I think it's clear from this roadmap they published:

Roadmap
player with trimming
encoding
MLT playlist creation and loading
melted server control
GPU acceleration

filters (March, 2013)
FireWire/Linux input (2013)
DirectShow/WIndows input (2013)
multitrack (2013)
transitions (2013)
live switcher/mixer/set features (2014)
Source: *www.shotcut.org/bin/view/Shotcut/Roadmap

I think, latest release also has filters. But its a long way till ShotCut can compete big editors, since it still has to incorporate basic stuff like Multi track and Transitions. But it seems its on a right track!

It seems you can only sort KMPlayer's playlist with a small options.

*i.minus.com/ihctj1IcA7Ps0.png

But honestly, I don't think KMPlayer suits music, rather just videos, and for which it's a great player. For music you are better suited to better alternative like, MediaMonkey or Winamp.
But I kind of liked the available audio engines, especially the Dolby Pro Logic 2. It sounded better than WMP and Zune.

rohit0571

Journeyman
Can anyone tell me how to update android antivirus application (avast) installed on mobile which does not have net access?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
If you ask me, I think antivirus on Android is just an extra overhead.
Plus if mobile is not connected to internet chances of it getting infected is next to nil.
But one possible way to update it I think by downloading the latest apk from net and using that to reinstall.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
check this out .. another new system optimization app ;-)
Synei - System Utilities will maximize slow computer performance

rohit0571

Journeyman
If you ask me, I think antivirus on Android is just an extra overhead.
Plus if mobile is not connected to internet chances of it getting infected is next to nil.
But one possible way to update it I think by downloading the latest apk from net and using that to reinstall.

Yes I know if mobile is not connected to internet we can't get virus but I use to download applications to PC for installation on mobile so antivirus is necessary.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
RAMDisk creates a virtual RAM drive, or block of memory, which your computer treats as if it were a disk drive. By storing files and programs into memory, you can speed up internet load times and disk-to-disk activities, accelerate databases and reduce compile times. Save and load features allow RAMDisk to appear as persistent storage, even through reboots.

RAMDisk - Software - Server Memory Products & Services - Dataram

Top Bottom