Useful Freewares...

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
is there any media player (or a plugin) using which we can skip specific time intervals in during video playback? (For eg. skipping R rated content while watching a movie with family).. I have software (Format Factory) to create censored videos ,but none for the above task..
yes there is but this option is only available in a commercial video player so you have to either buy it or use shady method to get it.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
so i did a bit of search & found out this feature is already present in one of my favourite free player all along.download & install 32bit(64bit version players have no practical advantages & many more issues) from here:
DVB Support Download Center » Tools » Players » Daum PotPlayer 1.5.35491
right click inside player window & from menu select playback---skip---enable skip feature.then below enable skip feature select skip setup & in the next window add the time of starting & duration of section to be skipped.you can add multiple skip sections.also remember to first check your settings by playing video(don't want to experience an awkward movement with family now).do note that these settings are permanent & will apply to all videos so for each video you have to edit these settings & if you want to watch some video fully then you have to disable the skip feature.

P.S.piracy is wrong even if it means no physical stealing.think how you would feel if you spent months writing a 5000 line code & someone instead of paying you money to use that 5000 line code software simply use a 50 line code crack to use your software for free.if you can pay then buy software else use free ones.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
KMPlayer is dead in the sense its creator sold it to pandora tv & has started a new project: Pot Player & it is updated regularly.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
pot player has more user friendly options.e.g.the skip feature which i mentioned above can be achieved with SMPlayer too but with more complexity.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^yes but not by its original creator who is now developing pot player & just compare pot player updates release compared to KMPlayer.pot player's major version update is being launched at least once in a month with lots of beta updates in between for continuous feature requests/improvements.
see this:DVB Support - PotPlayer

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
even i don't like the name & was reluctant to switch from KMPlayer to pot player even after knowing they were created by same person but once i switched there was no looking back.pot player is just like KMPlayer v2.0(better & improved).

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
what do you mean?it has 3D subtitle support as well as pixel shader conversion/support for 3D videos using Red/Cyan glasses.right click & check subtitles menu & video---pixel shader menu.
btw you need to install potplayer from the link i posted above(& not the official one).

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
i installed from there only . English x64 version . It doesn't play 3D . It just displays side by side images . There is no option to turn on Red-Cyan 3D

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
don't install 64bit version of any video player.32bit version works fine & with no issues.64bit video player is just gimmick for now as there are no videos which actually need a 64bit player.

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
I got the 3D to work :) . You need to adjust pixel shader for that . A simple "3D" button will be a nice addition .

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
in 64bit or 32bit version?i still suggest to use 32bit version because many codecs & filters are 32bit & 64bit players only works with 64bit codecs/filters.