Useful Freewares...

tkin

Back to school!!
Any recommendation for Batch Photo Resizer?
Currently using Visualiser Photo Resize, which is good TBH. But want to change.

These progs always require you to have the DVD. Nothing much you can do.
Pixillion image converter is the best batch photo resizer I had ever used, you could also tag or watermark them in batch mode.
Image Converter Software. Compress & Convert JPEG TIFF GIF BMP JPG PNG & More

Alien

Journeyman
Some software updates:

Libreoffice 4.0 released.

Keyscrambler 3.0 released.
Keyscrambler Changelog:
All Three Editions:
Fully support Windows 8.
Support Internet Explorer 10, including "Metro" mode.
Have undergone a thorough reengineering and numerous optimizations, which result in the new version's improved performance and compatibility, reduced resource usage, and more fluid user experience.
The user interface is revised for compactness.
KeyScrambler Personal sees the greatest expansion in coverage:
Supports 29 browsers, including Google Chrome.
No longer requires add-ons to be installed.
Automatically works with latest Firefox version without requiring updates.
KeyScrambler Professional and Premium become the first keystroke encryption program to protect Windows 8 Metro Apps and also
Add Games: Diablo 3, Warcraft 2.
In addition, KeyScrambler Premium:
Supports Windows Explorer in "Metro" mode.
Better support for East Asian languages.
Protects Windows: Command Prompt.
Protects Tax: H&R Block At Home 2012.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
this might be useful to some ;-)
Connection Keeper - Keeps your connection alive and automatically closes popup windows.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Irfanview has a batch processing mode. You should take a look. :)

Pixillion image converter is the best batch photo resizer I had ever used, you could also tag or watermark them in batch mode.
Image Converter Software. Compress & Convert JPEG TIFF GIF BMP JPG PNG & More

There's one freebic, nothing fancy, but small enough and really helps if you require very small file sizes.
Thanks guys :)
Will surely try them out!
Some software updates:

Libreoffice 4.0 released.
Oh dear. More software added to my already added to my backlog of softwares to download :p

rohit0571

Journeyman
Is there any bandwidth meter which tells us how much MBs have been pending in our a/c for usage in a month (if we put in that the fixed usage data).

Pls also tell a software which automatically updates my PC drivers.

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is there any bandwidth meter which tells us how much MBs have been pending in our a/c for usage in a month (if we put in that the fixed usage data).

Try networx:-

Bandwidth monitor, bandwidth speed test, bandwidth and traffic monitoring tool for Windows

Have a portable version too.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

try this :
DriverMax - free driver download program for Windows XP & Vista

but it's best to make a list of devices which needs driver update and ceheck the manufacturer's website once in a month.

rohit0571

Journeyman
Here are 45 free useful software:

45 Free and Useful Windows Applications : The best things in life are free, at least when it comes to Windows

pratik385

In the zone
Not a software but very useful link if you want to download songs which are not easily available for downloading on file hosting sites.
Just search in youtube and goto YouTube to mp3 Converter and paste the link, you will be prompt for download :)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
keepvid.com does it better. Gives you choices to download in any format. Plus mp3.

quagmire

Allllright !
1.Is there any media player (or a plugin) using which we can skip specific time intervals in during video playback? (For eg. skipping R rated content while watching a movie with family).. I have software (Format Factory) to create censored videos ,but none for the above task..

2.Any freeware to edit (batch edit) song properties like Album Art, Artist etc..? I know it can be done in Explorer, but its a tedious task..

3.Any simple freeware to create-edit gif images from pngs or jpegs?

tkin

Back to school!!
1.Is there any media player (or a plugin) using which we can skip specific time intervals in during video playback? (For eg. skipping R rated content while watching a movie with family).. I have software (Format Factory) to create censored videos ,but none for the above task..

2.Any freeware to edit (batch edit) song properties like Album Art, Artist etc..? I know it can be done in Explorer, but its a tedious task..

3.Any simple freeware to create-edit gif images from pngs or jpegs?
1. Don't think so.
2. MP3Tag.
3. XNView?

Top Bottom