Use Netsetter Dongle in Safe Mode w/ Networking

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
Simple. I cannot use my idea netsetter internet dongle in safe mode with networking. When I try to connect it says something like "no device connected". How do I solve this problem?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
safe mode only loads windows essential drivers which means no external device like usb dongle will work.you will need to search & find out which system driver files are needed for netsetter to work & then hack windows registry to force load them during safe boot.very complicated procedure & not recommended.it is far more easier is to re-install/repair windows.

Tech&ME

Banned
It is designed to work with your ethernet port. So, if you have a landline broadband connection then you can use that in safe mode.

OR

You can convert your usb net dongle into a Ethernet device by using a converter cable as shown below:

*i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t474/devyam/search/USB_Type_A_Female_to_RJ45_Male_Adapter.jpg

Usb to Ethernet Adapter e-Bay India

Note : You can try this at your own risk!

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^changing the interface won't change the fact that it needs usb driver.3g dongle is not a simple pen drive but a complete hardware which needs driver to tell windows how to use it.

ideacellular

Right off the assembly line
Simple. I cannot use my idea netsetter internet dongle in safe mode with networking. When I try to connect it says something like "no device connected". How do I solve this problem?

Dear Sir,

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. May we request you to reply to us with your complete account details such as Full name, Netsetter no., alternate contact number and the type of Inconvenience you are facing. Also mention the token ID 205IC298717 in the subject.

Regards,
Idea Cellular

Top Bottom