Use Hard disk as a Pen Drive...

Status
Not open for further replies.

whoopy_whale

Journeyman
Is it possible to use the hard disk as a pen drive?That is I should be able to connect the hard disk to USB and use it the same way as a pen drive so that I don't have to open the cabinet and connect the hard disk as a slave.
If you have any idea of doing it ,plz share it with me.

ishaan

Padawan
yes u can get a casing with the neccesary converters n stuff

this is what external HDDs are

ask ur computer guy 2 fix a thing 2 ur HDD

godsownman

Padawan
Yes its possible , you have to buy these USB HDD case. The HDD fits inside the case and the case has a wire connecting it to the USB port. This is how you can make an internal drive to function as an external HDD/ pendrive.

The overall size is just as big as an external modem.

But hey one thing, dont wear it around your neck. :))

Regards

legolas

Padawan
what is the cost of that? and is it worthy? i mean efficiency wise... and any specific brand recommendations?

godsownman

Padawan
I havent really bothered with the cost factor.

Yes it is reliable and very efficient.

Anyway A casual glance at Ebay.co.in and I found out that it should be in the range of abt Rs.500-900

Thats at ebay at a shop you might get it cheaper.

*cgi.ebay.in/3-5-HDD-USB-2-0-Alumin...ryZ96894QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

codeash

Broken In
How much does a casing and cable stuff costs....also tell me some good company of which I should buy....
I have bought a 120 GB LST SEAGATE Internal Harddisk for 4500/- have i bought it for a right price...its a new piece and one year warranty....

parthbarot

In the zone
Yup
i also have use it.
It costs abt 700 to 1000 much.
but u get 40,80GB as USB.

i suggest to buy new LAPTOP HDD with USB casing.
It costs u abt 3 to 5k (40GB)...may be varying..
but laptop hdd is small. so u can keep it in ur shirt pocket also like pendrive,like a calculator.

so go for it if u can afford upto 4 to 5k.

regards,

codeash

Broken In
But i have already bought it...I don't think so Laptop HDz cost so less..they bit expensive and moreover I don't want to carry it any where the only reason why I want to convert it to external one is because I can't get it fixed inside my laptop...i bought this by mistake through bidding....so for 120Gb seagate HD i should buy 3.5" cabinet right...

Thanks....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom