USB to be 10 times faster

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Great news..........
But what type of hardware will use speed upto 600mbps...

goobimama

 Macboy
Yep. Some juicy RAID setups would definitely use up some bandwidth... though maybe not 600mBps (as of yet)

[xubz]

"The Cake is a Lie!!"
casanova said:
So, will we require a new mobo or just a new USB 3.0 controller will do. :confused:
If you have a PCI-E x1 Slot, you can definitely install a Add On USB 3.0 Card when its released.

But I have doubt about a plain PCI Card :|

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
gx_saurav said:
Oh plz, do u even use USB 2.0's speed completely.
how can you "use speed completely"? the phrase doesn't make any sense to me.

again, the faster the better. gone are the dayz of 40gb hdds. we haf high capacity hdds and lotsa data (music, movies, software, OS etc.) so to keep up wid that we do need advancements in technology like improved speed and reliability. its complementary. i guess even the digital video equipment may adopt this standard unless we haf advancements in i.Link soon.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
infra_red_dude said:
how can you "use speed completely"? the phrase doesn't make any sense to me.

Most of the devices available out there don't even use 60MBps of USB 2.0, Thats what i meant. There is no use waiting for USB 3.0 to upgrade.

i guess even the digital video equipment may adopt this standard unless we haf advancements in i.Link soon.

That would be Firewire which costs about $5 per port

goobimama

 Macboy
^^ That's cause 60mBps is only theoretical in case of USB.... real world speeds are much slower...

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
exactly, so wid usb3.0 we can expect the "practical" speeds to be much higher! thats what is development and advancement all about, isn't it :)

the same case is wid hdds. how many sata harddisks actually see 300mbps transfter speed? but then we had sata2 wid 3gbps bandwidth. forget sata, think about uata/100! this is how its all about!

OP
Hustlerr

Hustlerr

[Next-Gen]
:confused: Didn't thought my Topic will be discussed this much :)

Yea i know its still less posts but 30 is still 2 much for me

Thx for all ur suggestions, fighting, etc etc:D Keep it going on

Now i think after saying all this the Topic will be less attractive, So don't let it this happen , Guyz

Status
Not open for further replies.