usb tethering in O1

utkarsh009

In the zone
hello there! sometimes it happens that i want to download 1-2 iso files of OS (linux distros) and the total download is over 2GB. you know how slow 2g service tata docomo provides (i use it because its cheap.) i get 15kbps speed while downloading from torrents and i have to leave my O1 usb tethered for more than 2 days. so will it harm my battery in any way?

k4ce

Youngling
if you do it just this once, its ok... but yes, it will harm your battery for the sole reason that your battery temp will increase ... and if a battery is operated at a higher temperature for long amounts of time, battery life goes down ... li-ion batteries dont like heat ... so avoid using it on a usual basis

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
& my Motorola ROKR E6e too suffering from over GPRS on PC. it used to offer 2days battery backup. now hardly 10hrs.

OP
utkarsh009

utkarsh009

In the zone
ok! so i am now using micromax mmx 310 g 3g usb gsm modem for that. i was using phone to attend calls but now i am not going to take risk.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
using it for a few days won't do any harm but just don't make it a habit. your mobile will pay the price.

OP
utkarsh009

utkarsh009

In the zone
^^i buy digit every month but i also want to download distro for amd_64 architecture and 64 bit. i dont think digit provides it.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
^ yeah

why dont you request it in 'By Demand ' section. Of the forum

Its worth waiting a month than damaging 15 k phone

OP
utkarsh009

utkarsh009

In the zone
^^i told that i am not using the phone for tethering. instead i am using modem listed in my signature. the micromax one.

Top Bottom