usb sound cards

mahendran

Journeyman
there is a no audio problem with my toshibha satellite C50_A,laptop,audio is there when plugging in head phone.

will a usb sound card can substitute an internal audio card/sound problems?

if so what type of usb audio cards to be used?

Gollum

Collector
there is a no audio problem with my toshibha satellite C50_A,laptop,audio is there when plugging in head phone.

will a usb sound card can substitute an internal audio card/sound problems?

if so what type of usb audio cards to be used?

You can buy a cheap USB headphone adapter from Flipkart of Amazon for this.
They barely cost 200 rupees and give you an option to connect a mic too.

OP
M

mahendran

Journeyman
You can buy a cheap USB headphone adapter from Flipkart of Amazon for this.
They barely cost 200 rupees and give you an option to connect a mic too.

thanks.

how is it going to help me

my query was to know about any usb device which can substitute internal sound cards?

since,without any usb headphone adapter,I can i can insert a headphone cable in the jack of the laptop,how this devise suggested by is going to help me?

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I did not clearly understand what you are trying to say ? If you are saying laptop's speaker is not working but headphone is working then the internal audio chip is alright. You just need to repair the speaker of the laptop. Then there's no need for a USB sound adapter. But if laptop' speaker and headphone while connected with the laptop is not working then internal audio chip most probably gone bad. In this case buy a usb adapter.

as the internal speaker in connected with motherboard's audio chip you need to use either a headphone or usb speaker for audio output from the laptop. Connect the speaker / headphone to the audio output port of the USB sound adapter.

BTW, did you test with different OS / live distro to make sure it's really a hardware issue. It could be audio driver related problem too. Can you see any audio device listed under device manager ?

OP
M

mahendran

Journeyman
it
I did not clearly understand what you are trying to say ? If you are saying laptop's speaker is not working but headphone is working then the internal audio chip is alright. You just need to repair the speaker of the laptop. Then there's no need for a USB sound adapter. But if laptop' speaker and headphone while connected with the laptop is not working then internal audio chip most probably gone bad. In this case buy a usb adapter.

as the internal speaker in connected with motherboard's audio chip you need to use either a headphone or usb speaker for audio output from the laptop. Connect the speaker / headphone to the audio output port of the USB sound adapter.

BTW, did you test with different OS / live distro to make sure it's really a hardware issue. It could be audio driver related problem too. Can you see any audio device listed under device manager ?

thanks again.

it is not an os issue or driver issue it seems.

I have checked that devise manager part.that is ok.

since,I am able to hear,when using a head phone,it could be an internal speaker issue,as you diagnosed.In that case,what do you suggest,replacing the internal speaker or buying a usb speaker?

it is heard that,using vlc player damages diaphram of internal speakers fast,may be that is the problem with me.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
it

thanks again.

it is not an os issue or driver issue it seems.

I have checked that devise manager part.that is ok.

since,I am able to hear,when using a head phone,it could be an internal speaker issue,as you diagnosed.In that case,what do you suggest,replacing the internal speaker or buying a usb speaker?

it is heard that,using vlc player damages diaphram of internal speakers fast,may be that is the problem with me.

That's a false rumor spread by OEMs as they don't want to accept faults in the low quality and utterly weak speakers. Old laptops' speakers are working 100% fine even after 5-8 years of use. Although VLC isn't the culprit, I'd suggest using SM Player or MPC-HC instead.

Get your laptop's speakers changed.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
There might be a loose connection issue. Both speakers stopped working at same time seems unlikely.

OP
M

mahendran

Journeyman
I had given my laptop to toshibha service centre.they said that the internal speakers need replacement and the cost works out to be rs.2500/- as such i bought a cheap usb speaker for rs.250 and was using it.

however,since last one week,some how my laptop built in audio started working,but in very low voice.

now what do I do?if it was a loose connection problem,the technicans could not detect it. if the issue was really damage or fault of internal speakers,how come it started working now,even though the voice is very feeble? I feel,people like you all are better than professional technicians on these matters

Top Bottom