'USB Not Recognized'

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechnoHolic

Journeyman
Recently got a USB extension cable. To get better signal in my mobile i always hang it (this cable+mobile's data cable) beside the window. Yesterday, i tried to insert one of my pendrive to it, but it couldn't recognize. 'USB Not Recognized' message blinked up at that time. Again inserted another pendrive and it returned with the same result. These pendrive's are OK with other USB slots. Tried the same with my neighbour's PC. Same thing happened. I thought it would be a faulty cable (though each time i connect my mobile's data cable with it). Today purchased another extension cable just for curiosity and got the same result. Applied the trick 'detach the PSU power cable', it's not worked.

Any Help.!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
these USB extension cables can act funny sometime .. here's some from my own experience :

USB Extension Cable : When Used a USB sound adapter it works ok but any PD can't be used.

USB Data Cable ( printer Type ) : This is to use with extrenal HDD casing and worked well but when ever I tried to hook an ext. DVD drive casing using it the DVD drive will lost from the pc after sometime, tried with two more such data cable ( got it from a wireless modems ) but still a no go but finally another blue data cable ( from a wired modem ) worked - so I think it all depends upon on the cable quality and those black/tranparent white cables are not good but some high quality thick yellow, white and blue data cables are really good.

OP
TechnoHolic

TechnoHolic

Journeyman
Thanks for sharing your experiments. I'm thinking to buy iBall Lappie USB Hub / A good costly cable.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
so it all depends on the good cable, anyway, nice to know this issue has been resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom