Urgent: suggest ups

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Hi, I have 2 pc's, here is quick info
intel g620, corsair cx430 psu.
intel 7200 dual core (or something in that model) and zebronics psu
2 samsung 15" lcd monitors, and the 2 cpu's of above config, no printers, no gaming
I need a ups for minimum 20 minutes...(double battery)
previously used UMAX 1KVA but circuit board failed(used 3 years)...so suggest one below 5.5k (actually as low as possible but need good quality)

I heard APC offers worst service in my place...and their products are getting many defects

tkin

Back to school!!
Get APC, don't know about service in AP, but nothing beats in APC in terms of performance, period.

OP
kARTechnology

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Get APC, don't know about service in AP, but nothing beats in APC in terms of performance, period.
asked in local shop.
shop 1) said to go for vGuard or apc, don't go for microtech
shop 2) said go for microtech or numeric, all other not good
shop 3) said go for UMAX(again),

will buy on monday, tomorrow holiday(and happy republic day!), sunday holiday,
but I'm thinking of APC BR1100CI-IN or BR1000-IN
but what if my battery fails? normal exide battery will fir or should i buy new apc battery (and it costly than normal exide ones)

tkin

Back to school!!
asked in local shop.
shop 1) said to go for vGuard or apc, don't go for microtech
shop 2) said go for microtech or numeric, all other not good
shop 3) said go for UMAX(again),

will buy on monday, tomorrow holiday(and happy republic day!), sunday holiday,
but I'm thinking of APC BR1100CI-IN or BR1000-IN
but what if my battery fails? normal exide battery will fir or should i buy new apc battery (and it costly than normal exide ones)
You have two years warranty on the entire set, if it fails after that, normal exide battery will do but may decrease the back up time.

OP
kARTechnology

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
They'll service it in your home, i.e you do no have to take to a service center.

but apc service center is in secundrabad and im verrrry far away, will service man book a ticket and come for my sake freely (or will ask train ticket :p)(or add that in the service bill)

tkin

Back to school!!
but apc service center is in secundrabad and im verrrry far away, will service man book a ticket and come for my sake freely (or will ask train ticket :p)(or add that in the service bill)
Better ask them, I think in that case they will send a courier to collect it from your home, just call them and ask them.

OP
kARTechnology

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
You want two UPS or one?

previously i used :: UMAX - Add more excitement to your pc ::
for 2 computers they are
> intel g620, corsair cx430 psu.
> intel 5200, zebronics 450 psu
2 samsung 15" lcd monitors, and the 2 cpu's of above config, no printers, no gaming...
I need a ups for minimum 20 minutes...

OP
kARTechnology

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
can anyone pls tell me how much VA should i take for these 2 pc's???

APC not available in my place... will search online and suggest me a model number also

tkin

Back to school!!
can anyone pls tell me how much va should i take for these 2 pc's???

apc not available in my place... Will search online and suggest me a model number also
800va.

OP
kARTechnology

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
A good 600VA for each one will suffice. Or get a descent 800VA.

should i go for 1 ups for 2 pc's or 2?
I need double battery (longer backup)

and where can i get APC or any other ups in an ONLINE shop?? for lowest price , I saw some people in digit in here buying apc 1kva for 4.6k

Last edited:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
1. If you are going to buy 1 UPS for 2 PCS, then buy 800VA one, and if you want to buy one unit for each PC, then buy 600VA.
2. AFAIK, no online shop sell UPS because of its weight.

tkin

Back to school!!
1. If you are going to buy 1 UPS for 2 PCS, then buy 800VA one, and if you want to buy one unit for each PC, then buy 600VA.
Theitdepot does, but charge huge for shipping, also we have our own MD: UPS

But I agree with d6bmg, its a waste to buy UPS online as they charge a handful for shipping.

OP
kARTechnology

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Theitdepot does, but charge huge for shipping, also we have our own MD: UPS

But I agree with d6bmg, its a waste to buy UPS online as they charge a handful for shipping.

Thanks for the reply guys,
1) but i think that backup time wont be sufficient (at least 30+ minutes), btw how much APC 1.1KVA double battery provide for 2 pc's..
what I want is good battery life + Longitivity (not batteries but the ups unit atleast)

2) to say the truth, i have experience with microtek ups(many 800va, 1kva) but after 2-3 years they go to trash (even after change battery :shock:)
I'm afraid that if APC will also become like that

Everyday there is power cut and ups will run using generator for few hours

3) in local shop APC 1.1kva double battery is Rs.5054, is the price reasonable or is shopkeeper trying to cheat me?

i saw in ritchie street website *www.ritchiestreet.info/product_additional_details.php?pid=846 and its cheaper
Is there any benefit by going to the APC 1 kva model with usb port for monitoring function
4) and will using ups for long time (20 minutes+) cause damage to my PSU, as corsair recommends to use PURE SINEWAVE UPS :cry:
I have cx430v2 and it is my first branded PSU :-D, other one is zebronics
===============================================================
and I will also consider to see if my present inverter can run my 2 pc's
5) How much watts do these 2 pc consume?
I currently have a Su-Kam inverter with 1 battery, i will see specs of both tomorrow and see if it can handle this 2 pc's load + others(lights, fans etc)...
I am confused weather to connect

pc --> ups --> inverter --> power grid
=or=
pc --> inverter --> power grid

and present ups is (this UMAX Serviour UUPS 650 not giving backup more than 10 mins, and that too i replaced with new batteries 4 months ago, service man said that circuit board problem)

Last edited:

saswat23

Human Spambot
Get the 1KVA APC or get 2*600VA APC for ~2.1k each.
2 UPS' will be better option IMO.

OP
kARTechnology

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"

but what about battery backup, I need 30+ minutes

Top Bottom