URGENT: NEED FOR A PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Hello, my friend is going to buy nVDIA geforce 9600gt. He is on a psu by a cheap brand called odyssey. It's wattage is 450w. and it's +12v rail runs on 10A and -12v rail runs on 0.8A. Is it enough to run 9600gt?

I'm 99% confident that it won't run. So, he needs a new psu. He has no reserves of money. So, the cheap the best. Don't go for Corsair, Coolermaster,etc. Just suggest a bare minimum PSU for running gf 9600gt. And, he dosen't even know that there is a invention called OverClocking.

waiting for replies...

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

Naa.. :( i doubt it.. maybe a 1900-2200 price range wud be good... :)

its better to spend tat amount rather than frying ur GPU and ur board as well.. hope u got my point.. :)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
IMO 450Watt is enough for 9600GT.
Try out VIP (even Zebronics). Its cheaper than those famous brands but gives descent value for money. VIP can be placed right after Tagan, Corsair and Coolermaster 8)

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
does his old smps(odyssey) one can run 9600gt?
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
IMO 450Watt is enough for 9600GT.
Try out VIP (even Zebronics). Its cheaper than those famous brands but gives descent value for money. VIP can be placed right after Tagan, Corsair and Coolermaster 8)

are you sure that it can? i'm concerned about the amps of the rails...

Last edited:

raj_v1982

Broken In
odyssey big NO

get atleast mercury 500w or zebronics 500w platinum series :)

(i am runnicg 9800gt with ordinary mercury 500w for more than one year :D and i don't have any problem. damn i am lucky :D )

-anmol-

Broken In
Get a Corsair CX400 atleast,if you dont want a burnt Mobo and GPU voltage regulators.Even if you buy the VIP a 9600GT will draw enough power out of it,to make it work not even for more than 8 months.Its good if you have 26A on the 12V rails and Corsair gives you 30A.

I dont really get people like you ...who spend thousands on a Rig and then skimp on the most Vital equipment in the computer,which is directly proportionate to the amount performance you get in return.

-anmol-

Broken In
Get a Corsair CX400 atleast,if you dont want a burnt Mobo and GPU voltage regulators.Even if you buy the VIP a 9600GT will draw enough power out of it,to make it work not even for more than 8 months.Its good if you have 26A on the 12V rails and Corsair gives you 30A.

I dont really get people like you ...who spend thousands on a Rig and then skimp on the most Vital equipment in the computer,which is directly proportionate to the amount performance you get in return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom