{URGENT}Linking SWF movie with a webpage ???

Bytebolt

Broken In
I created a movie in Adobe after effects and then converted it into swf file from any video converter. The problem is that that file is to be inserted in the main index page of a website. How to link that full file and make it clickable in such a way that it opens another page or home page of that site ???

Any help ???

clmlbx

Technomancer
you just need to use anchor tag around your swf nothing much to do in it.. but you do know how to get swf in HTML. right?

clmlbx

Technomancer
you can make a blank div with same size above your swf file. positioned absolute and then link that with anchor tag.

or you need to edit it in Flash to add link

Tech&ME

Banned
Why don't you use Dreamweaver to insert the swf , also you can add the link you want to. Easy and Fast.

nbaztec

Master KOD3R
Why don't you use Dreamweaver to insert the swf , also you can add the link you want to. Easy and Fast.

That won't make any difference.

any link to good tutorial on blank div or dreamweaver ???

Blank div is a tedious method and is easy to get wrong.

The funny thing is neither the anchor tags (<a/>) nor the javascript onclick() would work, However there is another hacky approach that I noticed: Using the mouseup(), since a click is effectively a mousedown() followed by a mouseup() within a time delta.

PHP:
  <object onmouseup="javascript:window.location='*google.com'" width="768" height="432" id="foo" title="Bar Baz">
  </object>

Top Bottom