URGENT: Google deducted Rs. 100 without asking on my first app purchase

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
I just purchased an app worth Rs. 129 from Google Play. I received 3 msgs from my credit card, one for Rs. 129 and 2 others for Rs. 50 each.
The credit card shows unbilled transactions of Rs. 100 charged by google. This amount was charged totally without authorisation as the amount shown was Rs. 129 and I was only told that there may be some transaction charges as per banks policy and due to foreign currency fluctuations.
What should I do?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Also it's not unauthorized transaction. You may have clicked I Agree / Ok without reading everything. It clearly mentions that first time it'd deduct a small amount approx. $1 from your A/c to verify the Credit Card, after that, the amount will be reverted back within 3 - 7 days.

OP
Cool Buddy

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Everyone is saying it deducts once. I still don't understand why the deduction was made twice in my case. Hope they refund both of them.

Also it's not unauthorized transaction. You may have clicked I Agree / Ok without reading everything. It clearly mentions that first time it'd deduct a small amount approx. $1 from your A/c to verify the Credit Card, after that, the amount will be reverted back within 3 - 7 days.

Although I cannot claim to have read the whole thing, but since it was my first app purchase, I did read it and looked for any numbers. I'm pretty sure that wasn't mentioned anywhere on the app purchase or payment screen.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Everyone is saying it deducts once. I still don't understand why the deduction was made twice in my case. Hope they refund both of them.

Although I cannot claim to have read the whole thing, but since it was my first app purchase, I did read it and looked for any numbers. I'm pretty sure that wasn't mentioned anywhere on the app purchase or payment screen.

No but while you entered your Credit Card Details first time, you'd have accepted T&C. Generally it's mentioned there. In my case, I got notification popup that it'd deduct $1 or something from my Credit Card and the same reverted back.

See don't worry, $1 is in case of US, as in IN, it may have deducted two INR 50/-. Google have their things localized. Many services like paypal, does the same 3 times to verify. So it can happen.

Bottom line is, as you didn't read T&C carefully, you have to wait. Wait for a week or so.

Top Bottom