"urgent advice for gpu under rs 10,000"

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
"urgent advice for gpu under rs 18,000" update extended budget by 8000rs

1. Which Power Supply do you have? (Be EXACT while naming the company and model)
Ans: Vip 500watt gold edition with a single 6 pin pci-e power connector for my zotac 9600gt.

2. What is your budget?
Ans: under rs 10,000

3. Which resolution will you game at?
Ans: 1080p or 720p dont like other resolutions

4. What are your current computer specifications?
Ans: intel core i3 540
asus p7h55-m lx
Kingston ValueRAM 8gb
geforce 9600gt
zebronics fantasy cabinet

so suggest a gpu and psu under rs 18k

thank you all in advance.

Last edited:
You'll need to get rid of that PSU. VIP, Zebronics, iBall etc are all crap.

Get a Sapphire HD7750 and Antec VP450P. If you can extend the budget a bit, get HD7770.

OP
HE-MAN

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
thank you for that and like i said before the psu is doing fine just suggest the gpu can some one whose using 7770 please shed some light on its actual real time performance in games

thank you for that and like i said before the psu is doing fine just suggest the gpu can some one whose using 7770 please shed some light on its actual real time performance in games

Google a bit about this and you'll get the point. Also read *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/power-supply-cabinets-mods/104472-basic-guide-right-power-supply.html and *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/power-sup...ower-supply-101-reference-specifications.html

OP
HE-MAN

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
my psu is 500watt given thats its from vip lets assume its actually is 450watt on a 12v rail it provides 36a not sure though its been a long time and i am using that with the 9600gt for like 5 years now no issues
also my current gpu zotac 9600gt energy edition requires 25a or more on a 12v rail

For a system using a single Radeon HD 7770 graphics card AMD specifies a minimum of a 450 Watt or greater power supply. The power supply should also have a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 22 Amps or greater and have at least one 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

For a system using a single Radeon HD 6850 graphics card AMD specifies a minimum of a 500 Watt or greater power supply. The power supply should also have a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 25 Amps or greater and have at least one 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Total Continuous Amperage Available on the +12V Rail(s) is the most important.

The VIP 500W GOLD SMPS (460W Continuous/500W Peak), with its maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 30 Amps and with one (6+2)-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector, is should be sufficient to power your system configuration with a single Radeon HD 7770 or Radeon HD 6850.

Last edited:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Re: "urgent advice for gpu under rs 10,000"

my psu is 500watt given thats its from vip lets assume its actually is 450watt on a 12v rail it provides 36a not sure though its been a long time and i am using that with the 9600gt for like 5 years now no issues
also my current gpu zotac 9600gt energy edition requires 25a or more on a 12v rail

For a system using a single Radeon HD 7770 graphics card AMD specifies a minimum of a 450 Watt or greater power supply. The power supply should also have a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 22 Amps or greater and have at least one 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

For a system using a single Radeon HD 6850 graphics card AMD specifies a minimum of a 500 Watt or greater power supply. The power supply should also have a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 25 Amps or greater and have at least one 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Total Continuous Amperage Available on the +12V Rail(s) is the most important.

The VIP 500W GOLD SMPS (460W Continuous/500W Peak), with its maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 30 Amps and with one (6+2)-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector, is should be sufficient to power your system configuration with a single Radeon HD 7770 or Radeon HD 6850.

did you read the above link? most desi psu although rated at 450 watts or higher can not deliver more than 275 watts of power due to the components used inside. so get rid of that psu if you want to run your system fine.

the rated wattage is no more close to the real wattage on these elcheapo craps. get a good one and have a peace of mind. i suggest antec vp450p.

OP
HE-MAN

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz

if its a 275 watts psu then how can it produce a combined 36a and run 9600gt

and also vip is actually some rebranded psu

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

if its a 275 watts psu then how can it produce a combined 36a and run 9600gt

and also vip is actually some rebranded psu

the shown rating is a fake value ,not the actual value it provides. all cheap psus show the same thing. google it for that. you will find lot of useful information.

*www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/181
*www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/410

ASHISH65

Technomancer

Iam not sure,i heard that Vip 500w GOLD psu is re-branded from FSP Blue Storm 500 :wink:

you should always mention the source from you got this info. It is from Toms hardware

Cilus

laborare est orare
VIP Gold series PSU can be used with low end and low powered GPUs but unlike the big brothers out there, these PSUs lack the quality components. Now 5 years is a long time and I think it is time to get a new good psu.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
agreed 5 years long even for branded power supply,better get a new psu to avoid risk :)

Antec vp450p + hd 7770 seems good upgrade from your current setup,you will able to play most games at med-high settings :)

OP
HE-MAN

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
thank you i am not upgrading my psu people need to stop reading articles and believe someone who is actually using the product...
all of you who are saying its false information then how can it run 9600gt which requires 6 pin power connector with 24a or more
and how can it run castlevania maxed out at 1080p..
moderators just close this thread.

Last edited:
thank you i am not upgrading my psu people need to stop reading articles and believe someone who is actually using the product...
all of you who are saying its false information then how can it run 9600gt which requires 6 pin power connector with 24a or more
and how can it run castlevania maxed out at 1080p..
moderators just close this thread.

I'm repeting this one lsat time: it's NOT about maximum wattage/amperage, it's about providing those Volts and Amps consistently without fluctuations irrespective of any variations in input Voltages.

Top Bottom