UPS on fire, need advice

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hi Guys,

I have a 8-10 years old Wipro UPS which I use with my xp pc. In my area particularly in summers there are very long electricity cuts, this UPS helped me save work and turn off the pc accordingly. I used to get the batteries replaced after every 2 or so years whenever the battery backup was like 0 minutes. The 6-7 batteries that were replaced were all from Exide company. Last night I turned on the UPS, then the cpu and then went to another room to get a glass of water but suddenly all I heard was the long non-stop siren/alarm of the ups for like a minute, then I ran to my room to see fumes coming out of the UPS, which were like this
Apple iPhone 7 Plus reportedly catches fire, company “looking into it” - YouTub
but were less coarse. Didn't record it as I was scared that it might explode or something. Anyways I turned off the electricity plug, removed the cables and kept it on the side. What might have caused this? I think it was the battery or some faulty wiring.
I am planning to get a gaming pc before July *forum.digit.in/pc-components-configurations/199797-gaming-pc-specs-advice-needed.html I am waiting for Ryzen as suggested by members here *forum.digit.in/technology-news/199917-ryzen-forces-intel-drop-prices-6.html
So, my question is should I get this UPS repaired which used to give me the backup of like 10-15 minutes or should I get a new one? If your answer is the latter then please suggest the model, price, backup time etc.

Thanks

Flash

Lost in speed
8-10 years for a UPS is more than enough.
If you can spend 60k-70k for a PC, then it's wise to spend 3k-4k for a PSU.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
If OP is spending 60-70k on a new PC, he can go with APC 1.1kva UPS @ 5.5k

Cheaper alternative is CyberPower 1kv UPS @ 4k

Sent from my Lenovo K33a42 using Tapatalk

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect

Please suggest a good one dear.

If OP is spending 60-70k on a new PC, he can go with APC 1.1kva UPS @ 5.5k

Cheaper alternative is CyberPower 1kv UPS @ 4k

Sent from my Lenovo K33a42 using Tapatalk

Are these available online? And how many minutes is the battery backup?

saswat23

Human Spambot
Are these available online? And how many minutes is the battery backup?

That depends on the specification you have. But a 1KVA UPS will surely provide enough time for you to save and shutdown your work. I am using Cyberpower 1KVA, it easily gives 15 mins backup while gaming, though I have never tried for more than that.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
That depends on the specification you have. But a 1KVA UPS will surely provide enough time for you to save and shutdown your work. I am using Cyberpower 1KVA, it easily gives 15 mins backup while gaming, though I have never tried for more than that.

In my city the leading one's being sold are Intex, wipro etc. Able to find these online-
Amazon.in: Cyberpower ups - Fulfilled by Amazo

Which one should I select?

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
[MENTION=105611]bssunilreddy[/MENTION] [MENTION=142062]Flash[/MENTION]

Can you please help with the link?

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
@billubakra, I hope the following links are helpful:
CyberPowe
CyberPowe
Man I am not able to view any links. Is it because of Tapatalk?

- - - Updated - - -

@billubakra, I hope the following links are helpful:
CyberPowe
CyberPowe

Found the links after logging from Pc. Cyberpower is not having any retailer/distributor in my city neither is it available on any online store which delivers to my city. Any other option?

Top Bottom