UPS for gaming machine

boddunan

Broken In
Hello Everyone,

I have recently upgraded my machine to the below config:

i7-2600k, MSI 560-Ti, Corsair GT700 PSU, 24 inch Dell Monitor, 1tb HDD, 12GB Corsair Ram with Cooling fan, HP inkjet multi function printer.

I have a Inverter backup with 165AH batter unit. However since the lag time between switch over when power failure makes me to think about the UPS.

Could you please suggest me a best UPS that can take up the above configuration. The back up time is not an issue as my inverter can take care of it by giving 3 hour back up.

My initial thoughts were APC UPS-ES 650VA. However not sure if it works for it not.

Thanks in advance.

Sarath

iDota
Ive got a APC UPS 1.1 KVA for an i5 system with simirlar specs. COST 4500
You dont seem to need this as you have a inverter. Search for 800VA ones.

800VA= 800*.6= ? 480W

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
no. 650VA won't be enough. go for 1KVA to be on safe side else that battery will die a quick death.

Sarath

iDota
^^^He has an inverter. He just needs a UPS coz the inverter has a lag before it switches on.

nginx

In the zone
So what if he has an inverter? I have an inverter at home too with a 200AH battery. You can either run the computer on inverter or UPS, not both.

You can't connect the UPS to the inverter and derive power from it. If you even try it, your UPS will be damaged even if your inverter is a pure sine wave model like mine. I learned this the hard way when my UPS got damaged instantly when I connected it to the inverter line for the first time.

P.S: I don't know about your inverter's capacity but its best not to run a computer off your inverter. A PC with GTX 560 in it is a power hungry PC, needless to say and will drain your inverter battery in absolutely no time and that too only if your inverter can support the load of your PC + your entire house. Think about it, the inverter has to take around 500W load for the PC and probably another 500W for the light, fan, TV and fridge etc. Do you have a 1400VA inverter?

Last edited:

d3p

PowerHouse
Hello Everyone,

I have recently upgraded my machine to the below config:

i7-2600k, MSI 560-Ti, Corsair GT700 PSU, 24 inch Dell Monitor, 1tb HDD, 12GB Corsair Ram with Cooling fan, HP inkjet multi function printer.

I have a Inverter backup with 165AH batter unit. However since the lag time between switch over when power failure makes me to think about the UPS.

Could you please suggest me a best UPS that can take up the above configuration. The back up time is not an issue as my inverter can take care of it by giving 3 hour back up.

My initial thoughts were APC UPS-ES 650VA. However not sure if it works for it not.

Thanks in advance.

165AH battery unit is ultimate, you can still hold the power in your PC for next 3hrs with full load like playing game with 5.1 ON. But sadly its not switching instantaneously.

Get a UPS like 800VA or 1KVA.

OP
B

boddunan

Broken In
Thanks to all.

Guys now I am confused. I was using my old PC with inverter on. That is when power went off, the inverter is giving power to my PC, that too with APC 600VA UPS. It is working fine and no problem till now as the old PC has not so many components.

Since this new PC has loads of components, I thought it is not enough and wanted to buy new one. I am not sure if my inverter is 1400va or not, how can find it?

Can you please clarify few more things:

1. What is sine wave inverter and how does it effect my UPS?
2. Since my home is connected to inverter power, I cannot get rid of it. And nor I can avoid UPS as when the power went off, there are fluctuations happening before inverter gives power.

So please give me some advice what to do.

Top Bottom